Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    World map equivalent definitely not not world map. It definitely won't be like in the original, but there will likely be some large open area that connects to each area. Just like how they basically made a quasi open world midgar. Unlike midgar, these places aren't large areas that they can just expand and now allow you to explore so have to make something.
    You could do to cosmo canyon what they have done to midgar. Considering you got all the villages on top and you could make the dangerous section under the canyon as big as you like.

Be interesting what way they go about it. Hopefully there is a open world otherwise they'll need to completely redo the weapons storyline / content

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I'm planning to buy it, even though there's some things things I find worrisome.

Worries:
    • -$60 for the first episode, so will it cost $180 by the end
    If each $60 episode had at least 50 hours of quality content I'd be fine with it. That's how the Trails model works, after all. Segment their mega games into smaller releases. I am skeptical as to whether or not the FF7 Remake will live up to that standard, however.

• -Major changes to the story, although modern Square's writing isn't bad.
    Except it's being written by Nomura. Since when did he deliver a good story? Maybe the first Kingdom Hearts game? Otherwise, his stories have been a mess. One look at how up it's own ass the KH saga's storytelling should tell you enough. Advent Children's story made no sense. Don't forget how he has flanderized the characters of FFVII. Cloud was not a brooding guy like AC and KH depicts him as. Aerith was not supposed to be this pure, perfect maiden. The core story of FFVII is not about some "Cloud vs Sephiroth rivalry", and yet that is how Nomura has depicted VII in his works.

-Petite Tifa, more because she was iconic, and it's a sign other things might be changed, rather than her 3 polygon 1997 tits were that important.
    I'm personally hoping that Cloud x Yuffie gets the love it deserves.

I’m really interested in seeing if ANY of the original plots will be changed, e.g. any of the AVALANCHE members surviving the drop really curious about this one, the sky dive into the upper sections shown in the trailers made me wonder WHERE they’re diving in from. Shrina HQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... So Doom Eternal, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Resident Evil 3 Remake, and Cyberpunk 2077 all in what? A 4 week span?

Money isn't an issue, but man someone's going to have to get pushed to the back burner, I don't have that much time.

I can knock out Doom Eternal in a few days, similar to RE3, FF7 I don't know... several weeks? If Cyberpunk is in anyway similar to Witcher 3 in size and scope... a couple of months.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-01-16 at 06:21 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Hmm... So Doom Eternal, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Resident Evil 3 Remake, and Cyberpunk 2077 all in what? A 4 week span?

Money isn't an issue, but man someone's going to have to get pushed to the back burner, I don't have that much time.

I can knock out Doom Eternal in a few days, similar to RE3, FF7 I don't know... several weeks? If Cyberpunk is in anyway similar to Witcher 3 in size and scope... a couple of months.
    Not Cyberpunk anymore. Delayed until Sep.

I had a feeling cyberpunk was going to be delayed once I heard FFVII was pushed to april. Guess the May-June window didnt work for them and they dont want to release during summer for obvious reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Not even upset.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    New Trailer HYPE! Be warned, spoilers abound!

My hype is reaching uncontainable levels. Looks like they're really making some changes, and I can't wait to see them.

Also: Scarlett looks FINE.

Also Also: Drag Cloud somehow looks finer...

Also Also ALSO: RED XIII HYPE! Really hope he's a melee/mage hybrid. Or should I say... A Red Mage!
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2020-01-31 at 01:11 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    New Trailer HYPE! Be warned, spoilers abound!

My hype is reaching uncontainable levels. Looks like they're really making some changes, and I can't wait to see them.

Also: Scarlett looks FINE.

Also Also: Drag Cloud somehow looks finer...

Also Also ALSO: RED XIII HYPE! Really hope he's a melee/mage hybrid. Or should I say... A Red Mage!
    Literally everything they release regarding this game makes it look absolutely amazing, any worries I had considering Square Enix past releases have been completely blown away. I hope they can keep it up for the next two games if they still considering making it a trilogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Literally everything they release regarding this game makes it look absolutely amazing, any worries I had considering Square Enix past releases have been completely blown away. I hope they can keep it up for the next two games if they still considering making it a trilogy.
    I know. I liked FFVII, but didn't love it. So when they announced the remake I was interested, but not super hyped. But each new bit of info they've released has gotten me progressively more worked up, and now this trailer has freakin killed me.

I'm guessing the game will be three "main" chapters (Exitting Midgar, Temple of Ancients and North Crater). But then they'll have smaller side chapters, to fill in time between the releases. Things like Gold Saucer, the Ice town, where you go snowboarding etc etc.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

You guys seriously hyped about paying full price for only one part of a game? I haven't played the original FF7 so this remake got my interest but knowing its only part 1 of the story and not the full story in this remake is a major disappointment. I'll wait until the complete edition of the remake is here.

So i play the remake now and not even get the ending to FF7? What kind of a remake is that? Thats like if Resident Evil 2 remake ended half way through Resident Evil 2 story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    You guys seriously hyped about paying full price for only one part of a game? I haven't played the original FF7 so this remake got my interest but knowing its only part 1 of the story and not the full story in this remake is a major disappointment. I'll wait until the complete edition of the remake is here.

So i play the remake now and not even get the ending to FF7? What kind of a remake is that? Thats like if Resident Evil 2 remake ended half way through Resident Evil 2 story.
    Supposedly they will add so much new content in each part that they alone will equal or surpass the original in playtime, I'm honestly fine with that as long as every part can stand on their own and aren't short.

Comparing it to Resident Evil 2 is kinda unfair, one is a horror game that can be completed in 6 hours (2 hours if you know what youre doing), the other is a JRPG that can be completed in 30-100 hours depending on how much of the optional content you want to do. I believe them when they say that cramming all that in a single game without cutting things out would be a serious challenge, so I am fine with them splitting it up in three parts if that means I get more out of them.

Square being a cheapskate and refusing to hire child actors for young Cloud and Tifa? Shame.

Reallly hoping that they aren't going with the flanderized depiction of Aeris as miss perfect pure maiden...

New rival seems interesting. Hopefully he'll become a party member later on.

Really hoping Red XIII is a fully playable character and not an AI guest character (since the demo leak suggested he wasn't playable).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Square being a cheapskate and refusing to hire child actors for young Cloud and Tifa? Shame.

Reallly hoping that they aren't going with the flanderized depiction of Aeris as miss perfect pure maiden...

New rival seems interesting. Hopefully he'll become a party member later on.

Really hoping Red XIII is a fully playable character and not an AI guest character (since the demo leak suggested he wasn't playable).
    Yeah, the kids wth adult voices is freaky as shit. Lets hope that month was to re-record those scenes with kids.

And the new rival guy is Roche. There are some theores floating around that he was the faceless trooper that shot Zack at the end of Crisis Core. Could be an interesting plot arc to play through.

And yeah. If Best Wolf isn't playable, I'll be pissed.

Yeah, the kids wth adult voices is freaky as shit. Lets hope that month was to re-record those scenes with kids.

And the new rival guy is Roche. There are some theores floating around that he was the faceless trooper that shot Zack at the end of Crisis Core. Could be an interesting plot arc to play through.

And yeah. If Best Wolf isn't playable, I'll be pissed.
    I mean, they don't have to be kids, usually Women voice act kids in a lot of shows and works out pretty much fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, they don't have to be kids, usually Women voice act kids in a lot of shows and works out pretty much fine.
    True, true. That would work fine, in a pinch. It feels like thats mostly for series, though. Usually to get around the working hour limits that kids have. For one scene, like this, they probably wouldn't need that.

Ara Ara Onni-chan.

New Trailer HYPE! Be warned, spoilers abound
    After all the disappointments in the last years: Please don't suck. Just for once, please don't suck.

I believe them when they say that cramming all that in a single game without cutting things out would be a serious challenge, so I am fine with them splitting it up in three parts if that means I get more out of them.
    You seriously believe that? When we have RPGs like Witcher 3 and Skyrim that have easily 100+ hours of gameplay an open worlds that they couldnt fit FF7 into one game?

Come on, they're openly mocking your intelligence...

For Larsa in FFXII, they hired a child actor.

True, true. That would work fine, in a pinch. It feels like thats mostly for series, though. Usually to get around the working hour limits that kids have. For one scene, like this, they probably wouldn't need that.
    With a franchise as prestigious as Final Fantasy, surely SE could be bothered to go all the way. Even anime can be bothered to find new voices for short flashbacks of characters when they were children.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    You seriously believe that? When we have RPGs like Witcher 3 and Skyrim that have easily 100+ hours of gameplay an open worlds that they couldnt fit FF7 into one game?

Come on, they're openly mocking your intelligence...
    You are comparing apples to oranges. Witcher 3 and Skyrim had a ton of asset reuse. The towns and cities of those games reuse many of the same buildings over and over again, and their cities are very small.

Compare that to FFVII, where they want to build out the huge, massive city of Midgar. Obviously we won't explore all of Midgar, but just looking at the segments they have shown us, the effort invested is no joke. Very large, modeled city blocks just as large as Novigrad with unique buildings.

Witcher 3 and Skyrim also reuse most of their character animations. Skyrim hardly has any single use animations. Witcher 3 went the Bioware route and has a ton of stock animations which are reused for the vast majority of cutscenes. Only a handful of cutscenes have unique animations. Contrast that with Final Fantasy games, where all of the cutscenes have unique animations. I think FFXIV is the only one that uses stock animations for cutscenes, which is inevitable given the sheer amount of cutscenes in that game (IIRC there is at least 120 hours of cutscenes, no way they could possibly custom animate it all without using stock animations).