Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    All this talk of its a remakes or sequel or whatever and whether someone was or wasn't super involved in the writing is missing the biggest issue. They better have the snowboard and submarine mini game at the gold saucer.
    Unlikely in part 2, neither were unlocked until Gold Saucer reopened after you did those parts in the main game.

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    All this talk of its a remakes or sequel or whatever and whether someone was or wasn't super involved in the writing is missing the biggest issue. They better have the snowboard and submarine mini game at the gold saucer.
    The gold saucer will turn out to be a time machine with no mini games and these morons will eat it up.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Unlikely in part 2, neither were unlocked until Gold Saucer reopened after you did those parts in the main game.
    Dio better be in a banana hammock. Will be a consolation prize if I can't play those mini games until part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well condor got put into Yuffie DLC even when that wouldn't be unlocked until after mines which would be part 2 going off base game so I'm not sure they care about these things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The gold saucer will turn out to be a time machine with no mini games and these morons will eat it up.
    Remake is loaded with mini games, but yea sure they will go in a totally different direction and be anti mini games in the future installments amirite mr scenario writer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well condor got put into Yuffie DLC even when that wouldn't be unlocked until after mines which would be part 2 going off base game so I'm not sure they care about these things.

- - - Updated - - -

Remake is loaded with mini games, but yea sure they will go in a totally different direction and be anti mini games in the future installments amirite mr scenario writer?
    It would be cool if they loaded it up with a little more game and a lot fewer contrived plot twists.

Let me know when you can tell me what that contrived horseshit did for a single character arc.
    -ynnady

It would be cool if they loaded it up with a little more game and a lot fewer contrived plot twists.

Let me know when you can tell me what that contrived horseshit did for a single character arc.
    Cloud- emo young man with amnesia
    Barret- buff hero who wants to save the world
    Tifa- eye candy romance bait for the main character
    Aerith- Matriarch martyr character who has to save the world through magical blood

Every main character is a trope seen throughout media, if they pulled more "contrived horseshit" on them it would actually be a good thing since the actual interesting characters in VII are the side ones, which are getting a lot more screen time in the new series based off part 1 and yuffie dlc, yay.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-18 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Cloud- emo young man with amnesia
    Barret- buff hero who wants to save the world
    Tifa- eye candy romance bait for the main character
    Aerith- Matriarch martyr character who has to save the world through magical blood

Every main character is a trope seen throughout media, if they pulled more "contrived horseshit" on them it would actually be a good thing since the actual interesting characters in VII are the side ones, which are getting a lot more screen time in the new series based off part 1 and yuffie dlc, yay.
    None of that has anything to do with what I asked. Whose arc is improved by the added time travel bullshit?
    -ynnady

None of that has anything to do with what I asked. Whose arc is improved by the added time travel bullshit?
    Everyone cause they got more fleshed out. Look at Biggs, Wedge and Jessie, all three was improved greatly due to how they handled the story in FF7R. Even more so Jessie.

If they went 1:1 with the original all 3 would have been cannon folder.

Don't like how the story is handled, fine different strokes for different fokes. You should seek professional help cause this much hate for a piece of software is unhealthily.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2022-06-18 at 10:33 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Literally everyone because the side characters who are awesome are getting way more screen time and the main characters are getting more fleshed out than being the caricatures I mentioned above. Tifa in particular is a way stronger character now, just after 1 single part than she ever was in the original game.

Lets just spoil your next reply to speed things along. You're gonna be like "they could do that without multiple timelines!".

Well nah, they couldn't actually because that would be disrespecting the source material and changing it like you cried about. There was no way to make someone like you happy outside of doing some boring ass 1:1 remake that would of been the most unimaginative garbage known to man. You just want a reason to bitch about the game so much that you make up bullshit like Nomura not being an original story writer lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-18 at 10:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    aerith's :^)
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-06-18 at 11:01 PM.

Tifa seems more interesting this time.

Maybe its because shes well designed in combat in terms of effectiveness and flow but replaying FF7 shes a pretty trash character I never understood why she was popular other than her over the top tiddies

Well now Barret is more than a loudmouth Mr T Clone
    Tifa actually has a lot more substance this time
    Yuffie is MILES better than she's ever been and you cannot tell me Original Yuffie's story arc was in any way better than Remake Yuffie
    Hojo is EASILY one of the most improved characters with the remake
    You can't look at me straight and tell me OG Aerith is in anyway better than Remake Aerith..
    The entire Avalanche crew has much more heart in them than the entire cast of the original especially Jesse
    Rufus quite frankly left more of an impression on me this time around than he did in the original
    How about the god damned Deepground characters actually you know..existing

I could continue I understand the whole "Time Trave

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Maybe its because shes well designed in combat in terms of effectiveness and flow but replaying FF7 shes a pretty trash character I never understood why she was popular other than her over the top tiddies
    for me it was the martial arts and personality.

The boobas looked just weird...and when they were flopping around on the airship it just looked goofy af.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Everyone cause they got more fleshed out. Look at Biggs, Wedge and Jessie, all three was improved greatly due to how they handled the story in FF7R. Even more so Jessie.
    I really enjoyed the fleshed out story there. In fact, I really enjoyed the whole thing til they started the "We can change the future" stuff.

It's a remake when it is convenient for your argument and it is a sequel when it is convenient for your argument.

There is a reasonable middle ground between "1:1 remake" and "What if we replaced the story with all kinds of time travel and multiple timeline fuckery where you fight the god of fate at the beginning of the story?"

The Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes took huge liberties with the source material, especially 3. They were both unbelievable games that paid tribute to and respected the source material. FF7R is an excuse for a bunch of writers to slap themselves on the back for being "clever" and coming up with absurd, outlandish, and ridiculous plot twists and contrivances. It is the worst kind of writing. Nothing they added in the department of timelines and fate horseshit does a single fucking thing to make a character more interesting or more developed. It's all meaningless garbage that adds nothing except a way for people who pride themselves on being "clever" to pretend that plot twists are what make storytelling good.
    Its a game all it needs to do is provide entertainment and it does that job well, it doesnt need to follow the origional games story and most of the time thats not a good idea anyway as who wants to play the same story they did many years ago, why are you so upset about a game that is really great, the origional story is the standard fantasy stuff anyway so its nothing great by itself, the game was great because it was the first of its kinda for the playstyle and better graphics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Remake would also imply that you don't need to play the original to understand the new one, since it's been remade.

It's Final Fantasy VII-2 (or -3, if you count Advent Children as -2).
    You have no need to play the origional to understand the new one, you can play the new one and understand what is going on and what needs to be done just fine.

Reading a new book you dont know whats going on and you just follow the story until the end, ff7 remake still has a ton of game requiring to be released to continue the story.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

In the original each character got one section dedicated to developing them and that was it. The remake definitely fleshed out the characters alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

First of all going to address the body shaming being done here. Yes it's a fictional character but media has been criminal of treating women with certain forms to be preordained as "sex-objects". I dislike they program this behavior in the youth, they suffer for it. We are suppose to be in an era of body positivity yet certain women are still shamed, ostracized, discriminated against. While men and some women that didn't have certain body types cannot fathom or roll eyes (be jealous) at the amount of harassment and degrading a youth (even adults) can get submitted to. (It's just more detrimental on the youth) Blizzard Entertainment has reinforced shaming women of certain types. If they look a certain way too and I have been incredibly vocal about it.

There has been several studies on how damaging it is for the youth to be submitted to this behavior. (Some leading to suicidal behavior, some depression etc.) What is even worse, some people still have the audacity to blame the victim. The victim submitted to all the degrading and harassing behavior.
    The solution to some people: "Shame, blame, cover the women!" No. No I don't think so.
    You don't discriminate against a woman on how she looks, her form, or what she wears. Tbh, you shouldn't be doing that regardless of gender. It is discrimination and human civilization should be past victim shaming.

Oh btw I been opinionated for quite sometime and posted several places to not change Tifa's form.("over the top", "trash" in your words) I seen a couple of other women do it too, with a couple of videos. Believe it or not but it is the truth. I want women and young girls to know the truth. As some of them don't know or too naive yet to know..

The truth is.. it's not their fault.

I will NEVER promote victim shaming. Or censoring, silencing and shaming of women. Regardless of what form they have. (including "trassssh" voluptuous body forms. As someone phrased it.) Or judgement for what they are wearing (More women can relate to that one than they care to admit).. every woman/girl should be able to express themselves freely and embrace body positivity. Without fear or judgement. I want them to know the truth and to embrace it. I would love to see it reflecting in video games too. Giving US the options. The players, including female ones.. I don't mind progression but not at the cost of demoralizing others. Which isn't necessary.

I'm done my rant about shaming women, even if in this case it is a fictional one. (They pick women apart that bad...another thing woman know more than they care to admit.)

--

As for Tifa she is one of my favorite FF characters. I have two tied at the number one spot, but I love a lot of these FF girls. They do such a good job on characters.

The two that are tied heavily with love themes. To the point it can be kinda cheesy. I am aware but I feel it is the truth. (Even if male gamers are blind to it) Tifa gives a bit more rough exterior as she is a barmaid and obviously has to deal with drunk guys. (So she has some snap to her. When it is called for.) Knows how to lay down some awesome martial arts moves. Ontop of that she shelters a revolution literally. She does have a soft underbelly she looked after Marlene, later on a bunch of orphans. (which my other fav female char in the franchise shares in common) Let's not be dismissive of how loyal she is.. she brings Cloud back from a comatose not just once, but twice. As a young girl I was a heavy CloudxTifa shipper due to this. Aerith never did any of this for him. (Don't get me wrong.. I like Aerith. I am just sayin') Tifa stuck with Cloud numerous times. At one point in the game she literally put the broken man back together piece by piece. She is strong, loyal, beautiful, loving and incredibly empathic. Giving Cloud lots of space for him to deal with his own emo ways to sort himself out. They let her have a bit of fun from time to time too, which was nice.

All this from a videogame? Well ya, if you played it you would know too. This franchise has usually always excelled with character development and stories.

That's a lot of bolded words when it's as simple as sex sells and video gaming was marketed towards male audiences

I'll give you the fact shes loyal to cloud that is SOMETHING of a character trait. Yeah her helping him rebuild himself after lying for 50% of the game is kinda interesting.

But outside of that shes just the typical child hood best friend that grows up to be a hottie and is awaiting your grand return you always promised after becoming a military hero like sephiroth 99% of every guys dream when they are discovering puberty.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-06-19 at 07:13 AM.

I remember saying that I was excited to see Tifa before she was revealed and was told by a girl in my ffxiv fc's chat how I only want to see her because of her tits. She said this right after she was fawning for 20 mins straight over Sephiroth being so hot and how she's happy he's going to get more screen time.

Basically, people need to stop being judgemental little shits and let people enjoy whatever and mind their own damn business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    As for Tifa she is one of my favorite FF characters. I have two tied at the number one spot, but I love a lot of these FF girls. They do such a good job on characters.

The two that are tied heavily with love themes. To the point it can be kinda cheesy. I am aware but I feel it is the truth. (Even if male gamers are blind to it) Tifa gives a bit more rough exterior as she is a barmaid and obviously has to deal with drunk guys. (So she has some snap to her. When it is called for.) Knows how to lay down some awesome martial arts moves. Ontop of that she shelters a revolution literally. She does have a soft underbelly she looked after Marlene, later on a bunch of orphans. (which my other fav female char in the franchise shares in common) Let's not be dismissive of how loyal she is.. she brings Cloud back from a comatose not just once, but twice. As a young girl I was a heavy CloudxTifa shipper due to this. Aerith never did any of this for him. (Don't get me wrong.. I like Aerith. I am just sayin') Tifa stuck with Cloud numerous times. At one point in the game she literally put the broken man back together piece by piece. She is strong, loyal, beautiful, loving and incredibly empathic. Giving Cloud lots of space for him to deal with his own emo ways to sort himself out. They let her have a bit of fun from time to time too, which was nice.
    The only other FF woman i can think of that helped orphans was Terra in FF6.

While good looking characters get our attention, only when they get good personalities/stories do they get the cult-following some have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.