Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    The only other FF woman i can think of that helped orphans was Terra in FF6.

While good looking characters get our attention, only when they get good personalities/stories do they get the cult-following some have.
    ...well Edea technically ran an Orphanage and you could say the same about the Gardens in a weird twisted way, Cid in FF9 took in Eiko and so did Queen Brahne with Garnet. Aerith in the remake basically helped out with the orphanage in Sector 5. And unless something in the MMOs I missed all I can think of

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...well Edea technically ran an Orphanage and you could say the same about the Gardens in a weird twisted way, Cid in FF9 took in Eiko and so did Queen Brahne with Garnet. Aerith in the remake basically helped out with the orphanage in Sector 5. And unless something in the MMOs I missed all I can think of
    The entire XIII party has to take in and deal with whiny orphan boy Hope LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The entire XIII party has to take in and deal with whiny orphan boy Hope LOL.
    I meant actual orphans not a 30 hour long game of yeet the baby......also prime candidate for the Balamb Garden Amnesiac Child Soldier program

I meant actual orphans not a 30 hour long game of yeet the baby......also prime candidate for the Balamb Garden Amnesiac Child Soldier program
    Hope is an actual orphan and an amazing marketing tool for condoms.

Hope is an actual orphan and an amazing marketing tool for condoms.
    Hope in 13 might have been annoying, but his dad survives until at least 13 years after the end of FFXIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Hope in 13 might have been annoying, but his dad survives until at least 13 years after the end of FFXIII.
    His father being alive means nothing when he hasn't been around him since he was a young child. That is a sperm donor, not a father. When someone as useless as Snow is a better father figure in your life I ain't counting the biological one just for being alive lmao.

Also losing a single parent technically makes you an orphan by definition FWIW, especially the only one that was actively caring for you.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-20 at 01:03 AM.

Well now Barret is more than a loudmouth Mr T Clone
    Tifa actually has a lot more substance this time
    Yuffie is MILES better than she's ever been and you cannot tell me Original Yuffie's story arc was in any way better than Remake Yuffie
    Hojo is EASILY one of the most improved characters with the remake
    You can't look at me straight and tell me OG Aerith is in anyway better than Remake Aerith..
    The entire Avalanche crew has much more heart in them than the entire cast of the original especially Jesse
    Rufus quite frankly left more of an impression on me this time around than he did in the original
    How about the god damned Deepground characters actually you know..existing

I could continue I understand the whole "Time Trave
    And none of that has anything to do with time travel or multiple timelines or fighting a fate god. For the third time, whose character arc is improvised by those new elements?

- - - Updated - - -

Literally everyone because the side characters who are awesome are getting way more screen time and the main characters are getting more fleshed out than being the caricatures I mentioned above. Tifa in particular is a way stronger character now, just after 1 single part than she ever was in the original game.

Lets just spoil your next reply to speed things along. You're gonna be like "they could do that without multiple timelines!".

Well nah, they couldn't actually because that would be disrespecting the source material and changing it like you cried about. There was no way to make someone like you happy outside of doing some boring ass 1:1 remake that would of been the most unimaginative garbage known to man. You just want a reason to bitch about the game so much that you make up bullshit like Nomura not being an original story writer lol.
    Notice how you didn’t tell me how the timeline and fate elements improved any characters. You just deflected and went on an irrelevant tirade about 1:1 remakes, which I don’t want and never asked for. You did this because you know that the answer to my question is “the timeline and fate stuff makes nobody’s story better” but you are too much of a coward to admit it.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    And none of that has anything to do with time travel or multiple timelines or fighting a fate god. For the third time, whose character arc is improvised by those new elements?
    Who the fuck knows at this point...anything this changed other than Biggs and POSSIBLY Zack not being dead anymore isnt going to be seen till next Winter....by that logic what character has it worse now that the plot ghosts dont exist?

Who the fuck knows at this point...anything this changed other than Biggs and POSSIBLY Zack not being dead anymore isnt going to be seen till next Winter....by that logic what character has it worse now that the plot ghosts dont exist?
    That's a really long way of saying "Nobody's character arc was improved by any of those things."

The things they added outside of the timeline garbage were mostly great. There are other criticisms of the game, like it being absurdly small and character customization being a joke and the side quests being totally worthless, but when it comes to story the added stuff about Jesse was great and the general fleshing out of some of the more one dimensional characters was really well done.

And everything they improved was undermined by adding plots about multiple timelines. How am I supposed to take seriously any further development in the story when we fought a god of fate at the beginning of it? It renders the rest of the story sort of moot. If we are killing a god of fate so early, with no really good explanation for how or why, how am I supposed to take seriously the rest of the story? It can be changed and wiped way at any moment by timeline fuckery and I'm really supposed to believe the protagonists can be threatened by ANYTHING at this point? It would be like if Iron Man killed God at the end of Act 1 of Iron Man 1. I'm supposed to take the rest of the MCU seriously now? I'm supposed to believe anything is a threat to Iron Man or anyone else? You can't have a story about a group of people growing powerful and working together to take on a larger than life foe if they kill an absurdly, comically larger than life foe AT THE BEGINNING.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    long text
    I agree with you on a fundamental scale believe me but my question is less the how but the why....

It's obvious that Sephiroph and by extension Jenova choreographed all this...hell if you remember the gods of fate barely put up a fight either cause they can't or they won't.... realistically this is leading up to something explaining how Sephy and Jenova did this....the big thing I see with this is an attempt to actually go through with the "Reunion" (since that never actually went through in FF7 OG) and we might see a complete Jenova for once....

But that's my theory Nomura be taking some shrooms half the time

How many remakes of this game are there now? I just read about the Reunion, Crisis Core, Ever Crystal some shit, First Solider Battle Royale, etc. Too much, Square. Your naming conventions are trash too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How many remakes of this game are there now? I just read about the Reunion, Crisis Core, Ever Crystal some shit, First Solider Battle Royale, etc. Too much, Square. Your naming conventions are trash too.
    There is only a trilogy. Remake, Rebirth and w/e the 3rd game will be named in 2025/2026.

Crisis Core is a PSP game being remastered.

The rest of the trash you named is shitty mobile games nobody cares about.

They will probably also remaster Dirge of Cerberus between Rebirth and part 3 by the same people that remastered crisis core.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-21 at 04:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 3rd game is revengence

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The FF7 remake is split into 3-4 episodes

The rest are generally just completely different games (not remakes) in the same universe / storyline.