10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] Dishonored 2

Not much to show on this game besides a trailer anyway for those who missed it here we are. Kotaku says Spring 2016 but i assume its a placeholder atm

http://kotaku.com/dishonored-2-announced-1711313217
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...ed-2-announced

The trailer showcased a country in the midst of tyranny and revolution. Your character this time around is Emily Kaldwin, the rightful heir to the throne in the original game. She has a blue organic grappling hook that she can use to quickly scale buildings. Bethesda revealed that you can also play as Corvo, the hero from the first game. The trailer came to a head when Emily infiltrated a home and went to assassinate her target, who was flanked by a pair of robotic guards. The trailer also had other nods to the first game, such as The Outsider who gave Corvo his powers, as well as Corvo's iconic mask. Bethesda and Arkane promised that you can play through the entire game without killing anybody.

Here's the official story summary from Bethesda:

Dishonored 2 is set 15 years after the Lord Regent has been vanquished and the dreaded Rat Plague has passed into history. An otherworldly usurper has seized the throne from Empress Emily Kaldwin, leaving the fate of the Isles hanging in the balance. As either Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano, travel beyond the legendary streets of Dunwall to Karnaca – a once-dazzling coastal city that holds the key to restoring Emily to power. Armed with the mark of the Outsider and powerful new supernatural abilities, hunt down your enemies and forever alter the fate of the Empire.

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I really enjoyed part 1 and 2 seems to continue in the same spirit, so I can't wait

10+ Year Old Account
    More info on the game cant copy + paste because it'd be a giant wall of text

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dishonored-2
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

So many good games announced, and this one is no exception. I loved the first one, and i've never been that huge of a stealth game fan. Hopefully they won't do anything too crazy that could ruin the game.

Loved the first one. I'm hoping it's not a case of you have to play Corvo for certain parts, and Emily for others. Not a fan of forced body switches in these types of games. It would be nice to be able to run through the story with one and then again with the other for multiple perspectives. Probably hoping for too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old Corvo

10+ Year Old Account
    Dishonored 1 was an incredible game that came out of nowhere. This looks to be just as good if not better. Super excited.

I'm really excited about this. I hope that there are some significant differences between playing as Corvo and Emily to give it more replayability. Either way, I'm all about it.

Deleted
    I'm extremely excited for D2. I loved the first one and I have yet to play it a second time. We need more stealth games ...

10+ Year Old Account
    1 was really fun and challenging, it did stealth right and the story was also good so looking forward on how they build on that.

Glad to hear the news that players won't have to switch back and forth between Corvo and Emily. Play Emily for 20-30 mins, then have to choose which character you will play for remainder of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Glad to hear the news that players won't have to switch back and forth between Corvo and Emily. Play Emily for 20-30 mins, then have to choose which character you will play for remainder of game.
    Yep

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...mily-and-corvo

Arkane Studios' bosses Raphael Colantonio and Harvey Smith have revealed new details about how Dishonored 2 will differentiate between Emily and Corvo, and what changes fans of the original should expect.

Speaking to IGN during E3 2015, the duo explained you won't be switching between the two characters as missions go on, but will instead face a choice near the start of the game that'll be permanent.

"The way we’re doing it this time is you play Emily for about 20 or 30 minutes at the beginning of the game, then there’s this very dramatic moment where you can choose which one to continue with, either Emily or Corvo," Smith explained. "Then for the rest of the game you’re locked into that choice. But it’s the same series of missions whether you choose or the other, they just have different perspectives and commentary on it.

There’s this very dramatic moment where you can choose which one to continue with, either Emily or Corvo.

"They do have completely different powers, however. In the announce trailer you see Emily using a power called 'Far Reach'. She doesn’t have Blink, she has Far Reach, and it can be upgraded mechanically in different ways than Blink can be. You also see her using Shadow Walk at the end, and that’s a power Corvo won’t have either."

The duo also explained player feedback has played a major part in the development of the sequel. One of the biggest complaints about the original was that the game was too easy, so now a wealth of options have been added to make it tougher. For example, if you're feeling masochistic, you'll be able to toggle a setting that dictates how visible you are when leaning around things. Those who want an accessible game so they can explore the world can have that by remaining invisible when leaning, while those who want a challenge can make it so guards will spot them if they look long enough.

Another big addition was teased, though Colantonio was rather coy about it. He said in addition to the lethal and non-lethal playthroughs present in the first game, there's to be a third path. When this is combined with the fact you can choose between Corvo or Emily and more pathways through the world than ever before, both he and Smith believe there's a strong case for players wanting to go through the game again and push themselves with a new route, character and difficulty.

As for those fearing Corvo may be taking a backseat in this version of the game, Smith emphasised that wasn't necessarily the case, and his skills have received a fresh lick of paint to boot.

"I feel like Dishonored 1 was Corvo’s story - in Dishonored 2, you can play Corvo, and we love Corvo – we’ve deepened and extended all of his powers. We’ve revisited all of his powers from the first game and added new upgrades and things. So he has his classic powers, but they’re upgraded and extended.

"But it does feel like there’s an excitement around Emily. It’s 15 years later and I think what Raf was talking about was after you finish Dishonored, you wonder how this girl will grow up. She was a 10-year-old, her mother was killed, she was from a position of privilege but then went through a tragedy and was raised by Corvo so what would she be like as a 25-year-old? We were really excited about seeing her story play out as the resolution of what happened to her mother, the assassination of this Empress."

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait. Dishonored was one of my favorite games of the last few years. The art style and the bizarre world and lore is what really made it something special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to read, seems you have a lot more replayability in the second game since the first once you finished it all on the hardest mode you were done.