Thread: Hellraiser

Hellraiser

So finally just watched through the Hellraiser series. Gotta say Doug Bradley did way better at pinhead than Stephan Collins. What do you guys think?

Deleted
    Wait, what? They made a TV show of those bad 80's movies?...oh god, no...

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Wait, what? They made a TV show of those bad 80's movies?...oh god, no...
    when I say series I meant the series of movies. There's more than one so that's a series of movies.

Doug Bradley is Pinhead, the same way that Robert Englund is Freddie.

Apparently there will be a Hellraiser remake, but without Bradley as Pinhead there isn't a point.

Hallraiser & Hellraiser Unbound?

is there more then two.

I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS, GOD DAMN IT ANSWER ME PLEASE.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Hallraiser & Hellraiser Unbound?

is there more then two.

I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS, GOD DAMN IT ANSWER ME PLEASE.
    There's like 9 movies total. all of them on netflix.

Shh, the 9th one doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Shh, the 9th one doesn't exist.
    yeah revelations was the only one I really didn't care for. Just didn't have the same feeling as the others.

The first Hellraiser is a surprisingly well acted emotional family drama. You could actually cut out any of the fantastic elements and the story still works. The second one is good fun, although it's ridiculous that the Cenobites show up for like five minutes just to job to the new bad guy. The rest miss the point and turn Pinhead into a generic supernatural slasher villain.

There is only really Bradley. That last movie was a rush job.

The problem with the desire for the remake is that they want to make it PG-13. Yes, Hellraiser without the violence, the gore, and the sex.

Hellraiser 1 and 2 are classics. Hellraiser 3 turns Pinhead into basically a typical horror movie slasher villain, ala Freddy, though there's still some entertainment value. After that, ehh, better off skipping them.