View Poll Results: What do you think Look Good or Look Bad?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Looks Good, I'm going to try to watch it.

21 80.77%
  • Looks Bad, I am going to pass.

5 19.23%

Thread: [TV] Lucifer

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That is the big problem isn't it? If someone tells you, you have been created sepcifically for one person and then that you have free will, would you believe them? You would never know. The way they did it she has kind of shaky proof she maybe has free will.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its been out (season 5 only) a few days guys - can we get some spoiler tags for those of us who haven't watched them yet? <3

And are they calling the 2nd half of season 5 still season 5 to be released next year? Or is that what they are passing off as "Season 6?"
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

I was going to spoiler tag some stuff, but figured easier to keep it vague.

I can certainly see the questioning of her free will on many levels, but we had Lucifer go through that before, as he mentioned even!

The idea that angels self-actualize is one I like, Lucifer's demon-face being more due to his perception of himself than some cosmic plan, but it didn't make sense for other angels to KNOW about it. It's more something Amenadiel discovered. It's also worth noting that mortals do it too, spiritually, that's sort of what Hell is. Lucifer couldn't toss Cain into Hell, he could only point out he belonged there and let Cain condemn himself.

Mostly, the series is made by personalities. Lucifer, Amenadiel, Linda were solid. Dan felt really week this season. Mazikeen was superb, even if some of it was repetitive, it was very well done and fun. Chloe started a little off, but came around after a little while. Ella was fun, but didn't really develop much.

Honestly, I only sub to Netflix once or twice a year, devour what I want and cancel. This time was for Lucifer, so now I need to see what's what again...
    (WreckItRalph2 sort of sucked!)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've not finished the season yet - because I like to make these shorter episode number shows last as long as possible (lol).

But um, having just watched Episode 3 of Season 5... wtf? Are there episodes missing from my watch list or something? The entire plot of the first two episodes (W/Brother) just dropped out of the blue - clearly major events happened off screen, possibly a time shift of a couple of months, but all of it hand waved in the first ten minutes of the episode?

Seriously - wth? Surely I'm missing episodes or something as that was the biggest plot-drop "pretend these episodes never happened" I've ever experienced in tv in 44 years.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    I've not finished the season yet - because I like to make these shorter episode number shows last as long as possible (lol).

But um, having just watched Episode 3 of Season 5... wtf? Are there episodes missing from my watch list or something? The entire plot of the first two episodes (W/Brother) just dropped out of the blue - clearly major events happened off screen, possibly a time shift of a couple of months, but all of it hand waved in the first ten minutes of the episode?

Seriously - wth? Surely I'm missing episodes or something as that was the biggest plot-drop "pretend these episodes never happened" I've ever experienced in tv in 44 years.
    You mean the couple months between end of season4 and start of season 5?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post

Season 4 was 10 episodes.
    That's only the first half of season 4, a lot of netflix shows get half season releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm an idiot, for some reason I was thinking season 4 was the newest release.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You mean the couple months between end of season4 and start of season 5?
    No, I mean the first three episodes of the current season. Season 5?. WHATEVER THE NEW SEASON IS ON NETFLIX! LOL

(I hope this isn't a spoiler since the below information was given out in trailers)

Whatever season they JUST released last month, that we have the first 'ten' episodes of. The first two episodes were about Michael 'pretending' Lucifer. The third episode - whole plotline went POOF - resolution (?) - real Lucifer. HUH?

The second episode ended with Michael implying/stating he was liking 'it here'. The third episode starts - Lucifer has 'heard he's causing problems' and comes back and Chloe tells him (thinking he's Michael) "I've shot you 4 or 5 times why won't you leave me alone...", and before he left Michael's now told Chloe she was 'made' for Lucifer (cuz Chloe tells us this in the episode, we didn't see it play out). But NONE of that was in the show - it was all off screen between episode 2 and 3. ????

Am I the only one who noticed this? Or is my episode order wrong or something? I'm not watching it direct from Netflix so its entirely possible something got screwy. Hell, I HOPE something on my list is screwed up because that is just REALLY bad writing.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-09-11 at 03:48 PM.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR

No, I mean the first three episodes of the current season. Season 5?. WHATEVER THE NEW SEASON IS ON NETFLIX! LOL

(I hope this isn't a spoiler since the below information was given out in trailers)

Whatever season they JUST released last month, that we have the first 'ten' episodes of. The first two episodes were about Michael 'pretending' Lucifer. The third episode - whole plotline went POOF - resolution (?) - real Lucifer. HUH?

The second episode ended with Michael implying/stating he was liking 'it here'. The third episode starts - Lucifer has 'heard he's causing problems' and comes back and Chloe tells him (thinking he's Michael) "I've shot you 4 or 5 times why won't you leave me alone...", and Michael's told Chloe she was 'made' for Lucifer. But NONE of that was in the show - it was all between episode 2 and 3.

Am I the only one who noticed this? Or is my episode order wrong or something? I'm not watching it direct from Netflix so its entirely possible something got screwy.
    It was all in the show. The plot point you're missing was from the previous season and was a revelation given to Lucifer by his mother.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    It was all in the show. The plot point you're missing was from the previous season and was a revelation given to Lucifer by his mother.
    I'm not talking about when Lucifer found out (Yup, I remember all that and saw all that.) I'm talking about when Chloe found out.

In fact I know its distinct because in this *same* episode, Lucifer talks about when his mother told him the same thing (as you said, last season) - and Chloe gets mad at him x2 because he knew and never told her; on top of Michael being the one to tell her (which was never in the show?). And Lucifer defends never telling her because he didn't want to make her upset.

And are you saying the Michael plot is from "last" season?

Because right now my season 5 has gone - :Episode 1 - Michael plot, Episode 2- Michael plot, Episode 3- Luci's back and we're solving crimes again (?).
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-09-11 at 03:59 PM.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

The second episode ended with Michael implying/stating he was liking 'it here'. The third episode starts - Lucifer has 'heard he's causing problems' and comes back and Chloe tells him (thinking he's Michael) "I've shot you 4 or 5 times why won't you leave me alone...", and Michael's told Chloe she was 'made' for Lucifer. But NONE of that was in the show - it was all between episode 2 and 3.

Am I the only one who noticed this? Or is my episode order wrong or something? I'm not watching it direct from Netflix so its entirely possible something got screwy.
    Yeah, that's not what happened. I suggest re-watching that because you are way off. The whole her being made for him was from a previous season Amenidiel tells Lucifer about him performing a miracle on Chloe's mother. Perhaps pay the whopping $11 a month to watch it and support the show.

I'm not talking about when Lucifer found out (Yup, I remember all that and saw all that.) I'm talking about when Chloe found out.

In fact I know its distinct because in this *same* episode, Lucifer talks about when his mother told him the same thing (as you said, last season) - and Chloe gets mad at him x2 because he knew and never told her; on top of Michael being the one to tell her (which was never in the show?). And Lucifer defends never telling her because he didn't want to make her upset.

And are you saying the Michael plot is from "last" season?

Because right now my season 5 has gone - :Episode 1 - Michael plot, Episode 2- Michael plot, Episode 3- Luci's back and we're solving crimes again (?).
    Er... I'm not entirely sure what piece you're missing...

The basic rundown is: Michael impersonates Lucifer. Chloe figures out that it ain't Lucifer. She shoots him a few times. He reveals that he was specifically made for Lucifer. Lucifer returns after Amenadiel visits him and shenanigans ensue.
    Last edited by jellmoo; 2020-09-11 at 04:07 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Er... I'm not entirely sure what piece you're missing...

The basic rundown is: Michael impersonates Lucifer. Chloe figures out that it ain't Lucifer. She shoots him a few times. He reveals that hse was specifically made for Lucifer. Lucifer returns after Amenadiel visits him and shenanigans ensue.
    OK thank you! I'll try to go back through wiki episode entries and try and figure this out before I keep watching! I bet mine are just out of order or something, because I do have 10 episodes.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR

The second episode ended with Michael implying/stating he was liking 'it here'. The third episode starts - Lucifer has 'heard he's causing problems' and comes back and Chloe tells him (thinking he's Michael) "I've shot you 4 or 5 times why won't you leave me alone...", and before he left Michael's now told Chloe she was 'made' for Lucifer (cuz Chloe tells us this in the episode, we didn't see it play out). But NONE of that was in the show - it was all off screen between episode 2 and 3. ????

Am I the only one who noticed this? Or is my episode order wrong or something? I'm not watching it direct from Netflix so its entirely possible something got screwy. Hell, I HOPE something on my list is screwed up because that is just REALLY bad writing.
    I think you stopped episode 2 short of the end. He says he likes it here, then mugs Maze. Then "commercial break", then Chloe comes in and shoots him a few times and he explains she's a "gift from god". Then Amendiel talks to Michael in the bar.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I think you stopped episode 2 short of the end. He says he likes it here, then mugs Maze. Then "commercial break", then Chloe comes in and shoots him a few times and he explains she's a "gift from god". Then Amendiel talks to Michael in the bar.
    aha! Thank you! You know, I remember thinking the episode 'ended at a weird place' when I watched it! (That commercial break you spoke of!) That's it exactly. Looks like my friend's recording shut off early - lol. (Yea old skool - some of us still have to sometimes!)
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR

S5B coming may 28th (almost 2 months yet), thats fucking long...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    https://youtu.be/-0beFQnB5lY

S5b official trailler

Interesting twist, Lucifer fighting for the role of being God. Feels like a brand new season and not just a part 2 of the current season. Can't wait.

Just watched

Good ending, cant wait for s6 and see how the story goes

Just caught up with this.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending, but that may be cause I thought this was the last season. Lucifer as God makes 0 sense, and God implied he has a plan, and this seems like a dumb plan. It's still not being done for "the right reason," and thus kinda invalidates it.

Personally, and I'm calling it now, I'm gonna say Ella'll be God when all is said and done. Pure speculation, so I didn't bother putting it in spoiler tags.