View Poll Results: What do you think Look Good or Look Bad?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Looks Good, I'm going to try to watch it.

21 80.77%
  • Looks Bad, I am going to pass.

5 19.23%

Thread: [TV] Lucifer

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, it being on Netflix makes that a bit difficult to gauge, since I don't think they care about their viewers the way a TV channel would. People pay a subscription for Netflix and then they get all the crap that's on there, so how would they know whether Lucifer is adding to or detracting from those subscriptions?
    I'm sure Netflix tracks everything. I'm not sure how up to tech Neilson is for networks, but Netflix probably sees how many times the show is watched and can tie certain shows to folks like myself that subscribe for a month for something rather than staying subscribed out of habit.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm sure Netflix tracks everything. I'm not sure how up to tech Neilson is for networks, but Netflix probably sees how many times the show is watched and can tie certain shows to folks like myself that subscribe for a month for something rather than staying subscribed out of habit.
    this ^

they can see whether current subscribers watched it, if people resubbed or newly joined and watched it etc etc.

if the show manages to retain enough subs by getting people to watch the show on their platform then they will renew it as long as its profitable to do so.

nielson is an opt in service. basically someone knocks on your door asks if you want to participate and you can do so for about 2 years. they hook up a device to your tv that you are supposed to use everytime you watch it and it lists your age, gender, and it records whether or not you skip over the ads with your dvr/watch live.

with netflix their shows are the product so anyone whos subbed who watches it contributes to its success

with cable tv people are the product so all they care about is their target demographics in order to sell their channel to the ad companies
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nielson is an opt in service. basically someone knocks on your door asks if you want to participate and you can do so for about 2 years. they hook up a device to your tv that you are supposed to use everytime you watch it and it lists your age, gender, and it records whether or not you skip over the ads with your dvr/watch live.
    Offtopic, but for "watch later" neilson stats, do you know if it's all just tracked the same as live tv, or if they get actual info from cable companies or whatnot for OnDemand?

I would imagine Netflix has a whole department with a legion of analysts combing through mountains upon mountains of data from all corners of the internet and real world. And then another department where very smart people take all that data and try to squeeze it through enough spreadsheets to give them a very good idea how much money they can make of what show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets just hope it gets some proper promotion and non-dogshit scheduling this time.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Offtopic, but for "watch later" neilson stats, do you know if it's all just tracked the same as live tv, or if they get actual info from cable companies or whatnot for OnDemand?
    the nielson box that connects to your tv can tell if you are watching cable, a dvd, a blu ray, or even a vhs (which is a pain for the people who set them up because they have to have a vhs tape to test it and those arent super common anymore)

cable companies dont really care about dvr or post live viewings though. most people fast forward through commercials, theyre supplementary but most ad companies only want to know who watched live. boasting about post live viewings is just pr speak from companies, it never factors into renewals aside from smaller channels
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I sat and watched through it yesterday. Was alright but i didn't really like where they went with it.

I could sit and watch Ella all day tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I sat and watched through it yesterday. Was alright but i didn't really like where they went with it.

I could sit and watch Ella all day tho.
    I really liked it. It's shorter than previous seasons of course but I think it made the story arc work a little better. My only gripe is that I think they could have done a little more with some of the characters that 'pop up' later on.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Just watched the first episode on the new Netflix season, really enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing what's up with Graham McTavish's character, him and Chloe are certainly cooking up something.

I hate that I know I'm going to watch the whole season within the next week, though. I really enjoy the anticipation of an episode every week.
    THIS!

I try not to watch 2 shows a night - but its really hard not to! Been waitin' so long and the show really is just ramped-up-stuff we loved (on Epi 4 now!) - but the idea that I'll finish this so fast and then probably another 2 years for Season 5 (if we have a fifth - that's the pattern Netflix has with shows - new every 2 yearsish). GAH!

I hate streaming for this reason... 2+ years between Seasons of shows that are 10-12 episodes long.. just sucks.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

S5 in 2020

and, my friend said chloe and lucifer will marry.

any info on this?

Chloe and Lucifer being married seems off.

Narratively, they've been setting up that Chloe is some sort of immaculate conception-type opposite of Lucifer, set out specifically to make him.....well, not Lucifer. But the theology of the show seems to imply there must always be a Lich King....sorry, I mean Lucifer. So they'd need to resolve that.

And even if Lucifer "un-falls" I feel like he wouldn't be a normal guy that gets married.

I know it's the finale season, so maybe it will end on a marriage to tie everything up all "happy ending" wise.

I know it's the finale season, so maybe it will end on a marriage to tie everything up all "happy ending" wise.
    Yeah, just saw a news yesterday saying chloe and lucifer will have a baby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    I'll believe that when they renew Ann with an E, or Rockstar announces when GTA 6 will come out. Otherwise it's just clickbait unless the information is from a credible source.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Its only half-season, with the second half dropping later this year. Anyway, I just finished watching it, and dammn.... that last episode........ I really need the second part ASAP on my desk.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Its only half-season, with the second half dropping later this year. Anyway, I just finished watching it, and dammn.... that last episode........ I really need the second part ASAP on my desk.
    the second half drops next year. but yes I want it NOW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I'll believe that when they renew Ann with an E, or Rockstar announces when GTA 6 will come out. Otherwise it's just clickbait unless the information is from a credible source.
    season 6 of lucifer is confirmed if you belive it or not doesnt matter but season 6 is a FACT.

Overall good "season", the cast really are just great together, though Dan felt a bit too much like a caricature of himself this season. I didn't care much for Michael though, seems a bit too far from source and predicted killer right off.

The main thing I'm not sure on is that the common theme of all of the series is about free will, so it seems like Chloe's status should have been easily explained as her being set up but still making all her own choices with her life, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    I guesslate november start of deceember the last part will come.

They just need recording the last episode, And from the news i saw its 10% from over

Then post production etc

Overall good "season", the cast really are just great together, though Dan felt a bit too much like a caricature of himself this season. I didn't care much for Michael though, seems a bit too far from source and predicted killer right off.

The main thing I'm not sure on is that the common theme of all of the series is about free will, so it seems like Chloe's status should have been easily explained as her being set up but still making all her own choices with her life, I dunno.
    Just finished the half-season tonight....

..I agree, I feel like it could have easily been worked through by saying, "Hey, you still have free will. You were made to be attractive to me, not the other way around. And hell, I have to choose you too, because my usual modus operandi is to reject anything God dictates for me."

The way they resolved it was fine enough - the idea that Chloe is the only one who can see Lucifer without being naturally pulled towards him by his devilish charisma, and that she had to choose to be with him when people just naturally flock to him otherwise, was well executed.