View Poll Results: What do you think Look Good or Look Bad?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Looks Good, I'm going to try to watch it.

21 80.77%
  • Looks Bad, I am going to pass.

5 19.23%

Thread: [TV] Lucifer

Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Lucifer

Probably a lot of jokes that could be made here from one perspective or another, but, so far from the Previews, I defiantly want to check it out, not sure about the British Accent though.

What do you think Look Good or Look Bad?
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2015-06-17 at 11:03 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be interesting. And about the accent, the guy was born in Wales and grew up in Sheffield - none of those regional accents would work in the US.

I love shows like that so definitely a go for me. Thanks for linking totally would've missed it xD wiki says it doesn't air till 2016 (should edit that into op)

I remember seeing some large (at least, I believe so) petition to try and get it removed from air before the pilot because (assuming I remember correctly) the people producing the show were portraying the devil in a comic or like-able fashion.

That being said, I'll definitely check it out. It looks intriguing.

Deleted
    Tom Ellis was awesome in Rush, which was a great little series. However, in the TV-land, it seems once you have one series tank, typically all your series tank after that. Exceptions exist, of course, but I dunno...

Perhaps, because Lucifer is a DC series, it might stand a chance, but then again, it's not tied to the Arrow-Flash-Legends -world, so it might not matter that it's DC at all.

In any case, The Sandman and Lucifer are amazing comic books, so it might just be good. I'd prefer a blonde Lucifer, though, but meh.

It looks amusingly tongue-in-cheek. However it is Fox, so they will do something/make some requirements of the show that will remove the charm if it reaches a second series.

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked the look of it when i watched the trailer a while back. I saw American's were complaining or something recently though which made me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I liked the look of it when i watched the trailer a while back. I saw American's were complaining or something recently though which made me laugh.
    I am counting on seeing this on some YouTube channels too, it will be fun to watch that too.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I will watch the first couple of episodes I guess. I tried watching Constantine, but the utter lack of respect for the intelligence of the audience pushed me away.

10+ Year Old Account
    How on earth did they take the awesome character from Sandman and turn it into that... Looks AWFUL.

It'll get 10 seasons minimum.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    looks promising

the accent isn't annoying I think

10+ Year Old Account
    The last name is a nice touch even though Lucifer means morning star.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Tom Ellis was awesome in Rush, which was a great little series. However, in the TV-land, it seems once you have one series tank, typically all your series tank after that. Exceptions exist, of course, but I dunno...

Perhaps, because Lucifer is a DC series, it might stand a chance, but then again, it's not tied to the Arrow-Flash-Legends -world, so it might not matter that it's DC at all.

In any case, The Sandman and Lucifer are amazing comic books, so it might just be good. I'd prefer a blonde Lucifer, though, but meh.
    That's actually not true, technically. DC Comics retains the right to crossover any of their shows with any of their other shows at any time, without consent from the networks. If they want a crossover it will happen.

Also, there's only 1 Lucifer in DC Comics. He was created outside the Orrery of Worlds, so he is the devil of all universes, not just the Earth he has chosen to retire to in this series. He's also nearly all powerful, so if he decided to, he could teleport from whatever universe he's in now straight into the Arrow Cave, and there's not a damn thing anyone other than the Presence could do to stop him.

None of that guarantees that he'll be on an episode of an Arrowverse show, but the possibility is always there.

Anywho, I'm optimistic after watching the trailer. He should be blonde but whatever. I do wonder about his power level in this series though. Will they stay true to the comics or are his only powers going to be immortality and fucking with people? I mean, if you pissed him off, Lucifer could snap his fingers and kill Superman, or blow up the universe. He's ridiculously, almost unfathomably powerful. He's probably only outclassed by Michael, the Presence, the Anti-Monitor, maybe the Spectre at full power, and possibly Darkseid if he ever decides to use the power he displayed in the COIE.

Basically, there's only a handful of beings in the entire cosmos that could stand up to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Actually it means lightbringer or bringer of light in Latin. In Hebrew it means day-star, son of the morning. I think they're going with the Latin meaning. So his full name would be something like, Lightbringer, the Star of the Morning.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2015-06-18 at 03:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Morningstar Morningstar!
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    DC Comics
    This isn't a comic. It's a TV-series.

For example, on the Marvel side, there's what's called the "Cinematic Universe", which contains the latest Avengers movies, Iron Man movies, Thor movies, Captain America movies, Guardians of the Galaxy, and several of the upcoming movies, as well as on the TV side Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, even Daredevil, and then the upcoming four series. However, this universe does not include, for example, the X-Men movies, which are quite recent. It doesn't include either of the Spider-Man franchises, Ghost Rider, or any other Marvel movies or TV-series not specifically in this universe. It also isn't the same as the main Earth-616 universe.

On the DC side, I'm no expert, but AFAIK the movies Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman, and the upcoming movies, such as Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and so on, all belong to their own shared universe, whereas Arrow, Flash and the Legends of Tomorrow belong to a wholly different universe. Similarly, Lucifer will exist in it's very own universe, and will have nothing to do with the aforementioned TV-series.

Whereas Arrow, Flash and Legends will be tied in crossovers, and as such will have certain "protection" from cancellation because of that, Lucifer will have none of that, because there's no crossover, even if it is a DC series, and even if they do (I don't know if they do) exist in the same universe. That's what I meant.

This isn't a comic. It's a TV-series.

For example, on the Marvel side, there's what's called the "Cinematic Universe", which contains the latest Avengers movies, Iron Man movies, Thor movies, Captain America movies, Guardians of the Galaxy, and several of the upcoming movies, as well as on the TV side Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, even Daredevil, and then the upcoming four series. However, this universe does not include, for example, the X-Men movies, which are quite recent. It doesn't include either of the Spider-Man franchises, Ghost Rider, or any other Marvel movies or TV-series not specifically in this universe. It also isn't the same as the main Earth-616 universe.

On the DC side, I'm no expert, but AFAIK the movies Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman, and the upcoming movies, such as Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and so on, all belong to their own shared universe, whereas Arrow, Flash and the Legends of Tomorrow belong to a wholly different universe. Similarly, Lucifer will exist in it's very own universe, and will have nothing to do with the aforementioned TV-series.

Whereas Arrow, Flash and Legends will be tied in crossovers, and as such will have certain "protection" from cancellation because of that, Lucifer will have none of that, because there's no crossover, even if it is a DC series, and even if they do (I don't know if they do) exist in the same universe. That's what I meant.
    Well, I am an expert in DC Comics, (as much as a nerd on the internet can be an expert on random crap) and DC works totally differently from Marvel.

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sit...9.11031355.jpg

Map of the DC cosmos. See the ring called the Speed Force Wall? Everything inside that ring is every physical world or thing that has ever existed or will exist, including you and I. That space is known as the Orrery of Worlds.

Note the planes that exist outside the Orrery, such as Heaven, Apokolips, Dream, etc. These planes are totally unique. There exists only one of them and they do in fact transcend the physical realm entirely, as they exist outside the physical realm, beyond the reach of gravity, energy or thought. In DC, Lucifer is a son of God, from Heaven.

As such, according to DC canon, Lucifer could appear right next to you in real life at this very moment if he so chose, because even the real world exists inside the Orrery. Grant Morrison explains all this in a comic series called Multiversity, wherein he shows how each universe inside the Orrery is connected. Oftentimes, what's fiction in one universe is real in another universe. Arrow may be a TV show for us, but in the Arrowverse that is reality. Likewise, it's likely that some events from the real world are fictional stories in the Arrow's world. It's all connected in a crazy drug induced sort of way.

Anywho, as for crossover potential: Arrow, the Flash and Legends don't have any kind of cancellation protection as far as I know. I don't think that exists in the TV business. What they do have is a contract that says while they are running DC is free to cross them over with any other property that they own, at any time, without anyone's consent. As far as I know DC makes any network sign that contract if they want to have a DC Comics show on the air. So Lucifer should benefit from that same clause. That's know guarantee that we'll actually see the devil pop up in another show though.

I guess my point was that the character does theoretically have the power to do so though. As a transcendent being, he can go anywhere inside the Orrery. If he wanted to he could come to the real world, kick down the door to the DC offices, and force the writers to tell him what will happen next, or even change himself/the universe by altering the comic books. Something like this actually happened in a comic book once. It was really meta and kind of confusing.

Deleted
    Logic from the comics does not apply in the TV/movie world, so I'm not going to quote your post because most of it simply has to do with the comics.

As for the protection that you're not aware of, it's simply obvious in the sense that if you've got three interconnected series that do a lot of crossovers, it's assumed that whoever picks those series up wants to pick up the other series as well, else episodes need to get rewritten and so on. It's not something that is written down on a piece of paper, of course. Contracts end, and whether series get renewed has nothing to do with those past contracts. But, having a few other series being renewed and having those series do crossovers with the one being considered for renewal definitely helps.

Lucifer will have, as far as I know, no interaction with other DC series, and as such it can be considered just another standalone series. If anyone knows of any plans of crossovers with the other existing DC series then please, enlighten us all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts...

- I've never read the comics so...no clue.
    - The lead actor is sexy has fuck
    - Love his accent
    - The angel with wings = no. Clip em.
    - Lucifer's red eyes = no. They look like marbles. Whoever thought those looked cool should be fired.
    - The concept = crime fighting Lucifer? = not really working for me.

I may give it a go. Hot actor aside, it looks middling.

Logic from the comics does not apply in the TV/movie world, so I'm not going to quote your post because most of it simply has to do with the comics.

As for the protection that you're not aware of, it's simply obvious in the sense that if you've got three interconnected series that do a lot of crossovers, it's assumed that whoever picks those series up wants to pick up the other series as well, else episodes need to get rewritten and so on. It's not something that is written down on a piece of paper, of course. Contracts end, and whether series get renewed has nothing to do with those past contracts. But, having a few other series being renewed and having those series do crossovers with the one being considered for renewal definitely helps.

Lucifer will have, as far as I know, no interaction with other DC series, and as such it can be considered just another standalone series. If anyone knows of any plans of crossovers with the other existing DC series then please, enlighten us all.
    You really don't like paying attention do you? Just because the DC multiverse was explained in the comics doesn't mean that the way it works only applies to the comics. There are several universes inside the Orrery that are strictly non-comic book universes, like the one for Justice League: The Animated Series. It's really just a case of you being ignorant and then plugging your ears when someone tries to correct you. There is no such thing as a standalone series under the DC Comics brand.

And like I said 3 times now, I highly doubt there's plans to crossover Lucifer, but DC still makes the network sign a contract that says leaves that option open should DC choose to pursue it.