Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, survival is mastery>multistrike.

I believe dps wise most stats are close but multistrike is slightly ahead... havent simmed in awhile.

Mas/MS for Survival. MS/Mas for a balanced setup. MS/Crit for a less balanced more dps setup.

((Posting to get updates on this thread via email.

Back to bear we go!

Any updates on whether SD is -20% or -25% in actuality?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    ((Posting to get updates on this thread via email.

Back to bear we go!

Any updates on whether SD is -20% or -25% in actuality?
    It's only 20%. Has been for awhile, they were just too lazy to fix it in patch notes.

Deleted
    Did the first 6 bosses in heroic. How are you guys finding the raid? So far nothing is very challenging.

Bit awkward to deal with the root mechanic on Kormok, don't think timings are proper on that. Do you just have to get your raid to move out?

Also wiped several times on Iskar, how do you deal with the tank mechanic on P3 adds and dispel? Do you just blow up the raven or do you have to bounce it to the healer to dispel in between the tank dealing with the raven?

Melee 1 > Tank > Healer 1 > Melee 2 > Tank > Healer 2 > Melee 1 > Tank > Healer 1 > Melee 2 > Tank.. etc etc. Thats how we did it. Killed raven after phase ended.

Kormrok just move off to the side so ranged don't really have to move and just drag boss away with melee.. ranged shouldn't have to move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Melee 1 > Tank > Healer 1 > Melee 2 > Tank > Healer 2 > Melee 1 > Tank > Healer 1 > Melee 2 > Tank.. etc etc. Thats how we did it. Killed raven after phase ended.

Kormrok just move off to the side so ranged don't really have to move and just drag boss away with melee.. ranged shouldn't have to move.
    What's the advantage of giving it to melee? Can't you just bounce it between tank and healers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    What's the advantage of giving it to melee? Can't you just bounce it between tank and healers?
    Interrupt the robot thing? You have to.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Avoidance is strong but its still a stat that counters only very specific damage that usually doesn't concern tanks that much, and if it does, it really depends on the encounter. Go for mastery/multi, they are far far better stats than crit haste.
    Thanks, base on this info, I guess I will make 715 crafted merciless boot instead^_^

Did the first 6 bosses in heroic. How are you guys finding the raid? So far nothing is very challenging.

Bit awkward to deal with the root mechanic on Kormok, don't think timings are proper on that. Do you just have to get your raid to move out?

Also wiped several times on Iskar, how do you deal with the tank mechanic on P3 adds and dispel? Do you just blow up the raven or do you have to bounce it to the healer to dispel in between the tank dealing with the raven?
    So far Iron Reaver's Artillery has been the only annoying thing I've dealt with in heroic. Sure would've liked that Displacer beast not going in cat form buff/bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinb View Post
    So far Iron Reaver's Artillery has been the only annoying thing I've dealt with in heroic. Sure would've liked that Displacer beast not going in cat form buff/bug.
    Its not that bad just go bear form? You have so much time. Displacer out at like 5 seconds. Run back in taunt before you get in melee other tank runs at 5. Works like a charm.

What I did was held onto the Eye while tanking the Raven, interrupted the Warden, and tossed a healer the Eye as the bombs were coming out. Healer tosses it back immediately, fairly simple. If you're worried about stacks from holding the Eye too long, could always do a taunt swap with the Raven and toss the Eye that way. Important thing is that the Raven debuff will never apply if you're holding the Eye. There are a couple of other ways to deal with this, but this should work fine for normal/heroic.

*edit* - Can touch on the rest of your post that I didn't quote. Aside from bugs, nothing really is terribly difficult on heroic (especially if you're mythic geared going in). I've found myself switching talents around much more often than I did in BRF, at least, even beyond our lvl 100 talents. Reeeeeally wish Displacer Beast would keep us in Bear Form, I'd happily use it more frequently if it did. Still has some use, at least. I enjoy using Treants on some of the trash, too, just so I can sit back and let them do the work for me.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2015-06-25 at 09:31 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

During P3 we just bounced it between our 2 shamans and the tank. Soon as the debuff got on a shaman tossed to him to clear it, then he tossed right back to another shaman for the interrupts. (We had no WW monks so our resto shamans were on interrupt duty for the warden)

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Its not that bad just go bear form? You have so much time. Displacer out at like 5 seconds. Run back in taunt before you get in melee other tank runs at 5. Works like a charm.
    Difficulty wasn't really the problem. The artillery timer is so tight on heroic that it would've been insanely more convenient to not waste GCD's and lose rage popping into cat form.

Iron Reaver doesn't deserve being talked about, shit fetch boss.
    Yeah, I feel so heroic playing FETCH DOGGY with a robot. What even

Tanked first 7 on monk and bear, as mentioned, ilvl700 carries so much, both are smooth. But on bear I feel like I'm pushing SD/FR just for the sake of not sitting on 100 rage. Threat aside, could literally AFK 90% of the first half and no one would be the wiser for it.

I suppose we knew it'll happen, with so much of bear tankiness being pushed into (more or less) passives. I don't mind it, it's great. It's just funny to see how careful monks will have to be, how alert pallies while we slobber over our 3 buttons lazily and laugh.

I ran with GoE on first couple of bosses, but honestly, it's a waste. Losing up to 10% overall physical damage reduction absolutely for free without any drawbacks.. why would we.
    It's good for "I can get globaled" but nothing is threathening in first 7.

I did Zakuun on monk. Heaviest of the lot, but still a touch underwhelming for organized groups with externals. After that it's just Tyrant and that's most likely it for the heavyhitters of the raid.

Finished first 12 on heroic yesterday running mastery>multi, felt pretty strong overall, especially after doing some of them on my alt monk for comparison.
    Definitely some fights i'd like to try Multi>mastery on like Tyrant, possibly Xhul'horac and Archimonde.
    Only mildly annoying thing was not being able to charge back on Mannoroth in the last phase due to the waves of death, but i suppose that fight needed something, definitely felt like a snoozefest otherwise.
    Keen for Tyrant, Socrethar and Shadowlord on mythic.

All my videos are up if anyone wanted to see some Guardian povs for anything they are on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfiles View Post
    possibly Xhul'horac
    Xhul is more than doable. I had buffed like 1.5k Mastery and ~2k Multistrike + Blademastery Trinket (and BFD). With a CD for every special in the last phase, this boss is easy in +700 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterfiles View Post
    All my videos are up if anyone wanted to see some Guardian povs for anything they are on.
    Holy shit man thanks for uploading those videos I gotta check them out, I pretty much yolo'ed the first 3 bosses without looking anything up and I don't want to cost anyone repairs on my screw ups on the later fights so I'll be watching these lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceen View Post
    Xhul is more than doable. I had buffed like 1.5k Mastery and ~2k Multistrike + Blademastery Trinket (and BFD). With a CD for every special in the last phase, this boss is easy in +700 ilvl.
    All the heroic bosses were fairly easy in a group with full mains, we did 12/13H in about 5 hours. I'm referring to mythic prog on those bosses, i think that it's likely Tyrant, Xhul'horac and Archimonde are probably the only bosses where i think the multistrike build is superior to mastery in my opinion.
    Although after getting the Shadow-lord 3rppm mastery proc trinket, i can definitely see the decline in the need for more mastery as i sit on average 85% mastery ~60% of the time with even just the heroic version. I had bosses where it was over 70% uptime, it's pretty insane.

As for Blademasters, yeah i definitely think that will be the 2nd trinket if i even get one before prog is over, it's all round amazing on a lot of bosses, although i wish they moved with you instead of staying in one spot, bosses with a ton of movement the trinket loses a lot of value.
    Last edited by Pumpsm8; 2015-06-26 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    Running pulverize so far on most bosses till I learn then, though did do bristling fur for reaver.

So far 9/13 heroic, with tyrant as my weird 9th.

P2 is harder than P3 with lower than optimal gear I have to say.