Deleted

Am I doing retribution DPS wrong?

Hi, as a holy paladin helping my raid with having my retribution off specc geared and hopefully perform decently, am I playing it wrong if I use a rotation helper add on. As a healer I don't really have a rotation, just use these spells in these situations kinda thing, and the 'rotation' of retribution has many different possibilities when you go in to how many conditions there are for making something higher priority. I don't know if I understand this correctly or even play ret correctly as ATM I blindly follow hekili rotation add on. I've heard also that it is a good add on for ret but heard many people shun it because if you don't trackball your holy power generators and CDs and stuff you 'aren't doing it right'. I would like to play ret at a decent level (we are doing mythic brf and will do HFC mythic as well next parch, and as such want to squeeze my performance on ret if I am called to use it.

So, am I OK to use this type of add on or should O abandon it for weak aura tracking or tme tracking? Also, if the add on is just and aid what other things should I be wary of when using it?

Thanks a bunch, a bit confused at the conflicting opinions.

P.s. some additional questions about talents in HFC. Are there any default choices like FV was last raid? SW for set bonus and maybe seraphim?

Thanks a bunch guys, if you can help!!!

There's a sticky for this...

Nonetheless:

Keep using Heikili or CLCRet. People are simply stupid "Hurf Durf don't use addons! They iz bad!" When they're not performing above 95%. It's simply a stupid argument that you shouldn't use an addon that's "guiding" you through your rotation...a purist approach, basically.

That said...don't use it blindly. Track your CDs make smart use of ES. IF a target is about to die or a priority target is about to spawn, know when to save it and when to blow them. Don't delay too much, though.

Weak auras tracking is exactly what heikili does. It'll show when stuff is up so you can press it. People simply make a big deal of one or the other.

T18 as is currently will heavily favor SW/Seraphim. EmpSeals will also be very close to it, but due to how annoying EmpS is, people are already gravitating towards Seraphim. FV will be dead, basically...even for AoE it's not providing enough DPS to warrant its use, imo.

Next tier Ret is being tailored as a single target burst juggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkao View Post
    That said...don't use it blindly. Track your CDs make smart use of ES. IF a target is about to die or a priority target is about to spawn, know when to save it and when to blow them. Don't delay too much, though.
    This. Hekili is tremendously helpful, keep using it. But be smart about your usage. i.e. don't blow ES on that cinderwolf thats at 5%, even if its next up in Hekili. Sit on that Emp DS for the 2 seconds it takes your tank to get the Beastlord adds in range/position. Use judge or FV while you are standing at range to soak petrify on Gruul, even tho CS is up next, but be mindful of your holy power reserves.

On that note, look for an addon that will let you custom place your holy power bar so you can move it to near your hekili display and see both at once, this will help you making better decisions. Hekili isn't always right because it doesn't know the mechanics you are dealing with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless86 View Post
    This. Hekili is tremendously helpful, keep using it. But be smart about your usage. i.e. don't blow ES on that cinderwolf thats at 5%, even if its next up in Hekili. Sit on that Emp DS for the 2 seconds it takes your tank to get the Beastlord adds in range/position. Use judge or FV while you are standing at range to soak petrify on Gruul, even tho CS is up next, but be mindful of your holy power reserves.

On that note, look for an addon that will let you custom place your holy power bar so you can move it to near your hekili display and see both at once, this will help you making better decisions. Hekili isn't always right because it doesn't know the mechanics you are dealing with.
    you ate right with everything. Just wanted to nitpick that you should probly be running LH on doglady. Damaage to all targets and is up for every fire tornado for healing when the group is stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    you ate right with everything.
    Then why does my doctor still say that I'm fat? kidding. Hadn't considered the extra healing on firestorm. That's why I come here, to learn from you people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless86 View Post
    Then why does my doctor still say that I'm fat? kidding. Hadn't considered the extra healing on firestorm. That's why I come here, to learn from you people.

what do you mean YOU PEOPLE

I don't use the CLCRet, or Helkli, whatever. That said, there's nothing at all wrong with doing so. Especially if it's for your offspec. Do youself a favor though, and don't tell your main spec guys you are using the addons, and let them think you're a savant with the class when you wreck them on the meters.