Deleted

Demonology Warlock Challenge Mode Guide (Complete) - nomz

Hello, I am Kevin, also known as Nomz, a Raider in Perfection on Tarren Mill EU, I currently main warlock. This is my guide for Challenge Modes in WoD, for World bests, Boosting, or just casual gold CM's, everything is included.

Armory: "Nomz" On Tarren Mill Horde EU.

Let's start off with the glyphs & talents.

Talents:

Tier 15 Talent:
    Dark Regeneration
    Soul Leech
    Harvest Life

I choose to go with Soul Leech here, since you will pretty much always take damage in Challenge Modes, (most of the time) But Dark Regeneration can be an option for situational encounters if you discover problems on them.

Tier 30 Talent:
    Howl of Terror
    Mortal Coil
    Shadowfury

Shadowfury is your pick here, for sure. Its insanely good for a lot of situations, for example when the death knight in the group uses their mass grip, you can just use your Shadowfury instantly to keep them all stacked up, and you can also use it simply if interrupts or stuns are needed.

Tier 45 Talent:
    Soul Link
    Sacrificial Pact
    Dark Bargain

I choose to go for Soul Link here for the damage reduction, not much to say. Very useful.

Tier 60 Talent:
    Blood Horror
    Burning Rush
    Unbound Will

Burning Rush, always.

Tier 75 Talent:
    Grimoire of Supremacy
    Grimoire of Service
    Grimoire of Synergy

I use Grimoire of Synergy for the extra 15% damage boost which will be extremely usefull if it procs on a huge Aoe Pack when you use your cataclysm and chaos waves. Grimoire of Supremacy is however pretty close, but I dont find it as good. Service isnt really optimal at all for CM's.

Tier 90 Talent:
    Archimonde's Darkness
    Kil'jaeden's Cunning
    Mannoroth's Fury

I go for Archimonde's Darkness here obviously, its the best one in any possible situation.

Tier 100 Talent:
    Demonbolt
    Cataclysm
    Demonic Servitude

CATACLYSM! 100%. Very big burst damage for packs and also bosses.

Glyphs:

The only major glyph you need for Challenge Modes is [Glyph of Dark Soul]*Which reduces the duration of Dark Soul by 50% but also the cooldown of it. In most cases, packs will not stay alive for 20 seconds so a couple of seconds of Dark Soul uptime will be wasted, which we don't want obviously. So this glyph is very good.

Other glyphs i recommend are [Glyph of Eternal Resolve]*Which will give you another 10% damage reduction passive, and this combined with Soul Link makes you extremely tanky which helps alot as a caster.

Other than this you can also run [Glyph of Healthstone]*Which makes your Healthstone heal you for 100% more, making it better than Healing Tonic. However, the healing is now restored over 10 seconds, so you will have to think ahead.

Stat Priority

As Demonology, the only stat that is worth going for is Mastery.
    Mastery>Crit>Multistrike>Haste>Versatility
    Generally you want to aim for Mastery+Crit on every item.

Gems, Enchants & Consumables.

Enchant Neck - Gift of Mastery
    Enchant Cloak - Gift of Mastery
    Enchant Ring - Gift of Mastery
    Enchant Weapon - Mark of Bleeding Hollow

Greater Mastery Taladite

Greater Draenic Intellect Flask
    Draenic Intellect Potion
    Sleeper Sushi (extra tryhard)
    "Rylak Claws" sold by Innkeepers, cheap food that gives no buff but you can eat it in between bosses if you have time for it, for quick healing to save some time for your healer.

F.A.Q

Chaos Wave or Hand of Gul'dan on big packs?
    You want to use Dark Soul for every big pack pretty much, and when your dark soul is up, Chaos Wave's damage gets increased significantly. If you have any procs, such as Grimoire of Synergy, Dark Soul, Trinket Proc/Use, Potion up etc, then you want to use Chaos Wave for biggest damage output. But if the pack is pretty small and your group can handle it without problems, you can use Hand of Gul'dan to build up Demonic Fury & Molten Core procs for the next upcoming boss.

Cataclysm inside or outside of Metamorphosis form?
    What you wanna do is when the DK is running to pull mobs, you want to use corruption on as many targets as you can, and when the DK massgrips you use your cataclysm in metamorphosis form (with dark soul up) and then both of your chaos waves.

Rotation, Cooldowns and Abilities.

So, generally speaking, you want to use Dark Soul on every big pull where you use cataclysm and both of your Chaos Wave charges, But you also want to use Dark Soul on bosses, but that should be pretty easy with the Dark Soul glyph. Most often of the time, you want to save Molten Core procs for bosses so they actually die, but you can use Soul Fire on other mobs as well if they need to die fast.

Best-in-Slot list:

Head - Hood of Arcane Mystery (Dungeon)

Neck - Magister’s Chain (Dungeon)

Shoulders - Felflame Spaulders (Dungeon)

Back - Drape of Frozen Dreams (Dungeon)

Chest - Shadow Council’s Robes (Flamebender Ka’graz)

Wrist - Frost-Touched Wristwraps (Dungeon)

Hands - Primal Gladiator’s Gloves of Prowess (660 PvP Gloves. Can be bought from PvP Vendor for conquest points)

Waist - Frost-Touched Cord (Dungeon)

Legs - Solarflame Legwarps (Rukhmar, World boss)

Feet - Sandals of Arcane Mystery (Dungeon)

Ring 1 - Kargath’s Last Link (Kargath Bladefist)

Ring 2 - Whispering Taladite Ring of the Peerless (Crafted BoE, Best outcome: 78 Mastery 52 Crit.)

Trinket 1 - Copeland’s Clarity (World drop, BoE)

Trinket 2 - Stone of Wind (Alchemy crafted trinket, There are 4 versions but only one of them available to buy if you arent an alchemist. It’s called (Stone of Fire). All 4 of those are just as good obviously.

Main Hand: Rod of Fel Nullification (Ko’ragh)

Off Hand: Shadowtome of the Peerless (Can be created with inscription, and it’s BoE. Best outcome as stage 1 is 72 Mastery & 48 Crit.

Other trinket options:
    Draenic Philosopher’s Stone (crafted, requires alchemy. Costs approximately 10 gold.)
    Goren Soul Repository (Oregorger)

These are the items you are guaranteed to get if you put effort into it. There are better items that you can get from doing daily challenge modes, opening items from LFR quest rewards etc that can end up in being alot of mastery on, or even 100% mastery, but this requires alot of luck.

Thats it for me, feel free to post any questions you have or you can also add me on battle-net. "Kevin#23759".
    Last edited by mmocf1be3c0cbb; 2015-06-21 at 01:26 PM.

Ah.. a fresh breath of demonology in the world of destruction. thanks dude

2 days before demo is unplayable in cms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by D U R R T Y View Post
    2 days before demo is unplayable in cms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Not necessarily, the extreme buff to mastery might make it viable still. Extremely dependent on gathering a BiS set though

Step 1: swap specs to destro or something.

jk jk
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

hey, most of these early comments are pretty demoralizing, but thanks for posting this. Not many people make CM gold guides for a particular class/spec. Plus, it's good to have a guide from someone who regularly does them!

Thanks for the guide! I did however want to share a link that was immensely helpful to me when I started doing them (it regards the BiS list). What a lot of individuals forget is that there are multiple items for each slot (usually) that will fit the criteria for Best in Slot (sure one may have like 2-5 less mastery rating in favor of 2-5 more crit, but in the grand scheme who really cares right?) and as such when I wanted to put together a BiS set for my own CM's I went to wowhead's item database, did some configuring and came up with this:

http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...0:60102:0;gb=1

A complete list of items of ilvl 630+ (excluding HFC / 6.2+ items) that can be worn by warlocks, has mastery and crit rating, and has intellect. All the required parameters for a "BiS" item. Many of these items you may have, or at some point in time you may have had it. If you find that you did have it, but no longer do, you can go through WoW's item restoration process and get those back (BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET THEM ALL, don't waste your monthly restore on only one item!). Hope this helps someone

Warlock Specific DPS Video Guides - Owning Blackrock Foundry!
    Interested in improving in BRF? Check out the above link for tips and tricks on optimizing your play for each spec on each encounter! Currently have guides for 10/10 Fights as Demonology, 0/10 Fights as Destruction, 0/10 Fights as Affliction.

I woulnd't bother telling people to use Greater Mastery Taladites, as gems don't work in Challenge Modes anyways.

Consider using ragnaros crown from 10th aniversary.

For the ones considering running demo on CM's, stick with destro.

Quote Originally Posted by MycantrumX View Post
    Not necessarily, the extreme buff to mastery might make it viable still. Extremely dependent on gathering a BiS set though
    Mastery: Master Demonologist now increases damage dealt by the Warlock and their demon servants by 1.25% per mastery (up from 0.96%), and further increases damage dealt by Touch of Chaos, Chaos Wave, Doom, Immolation Aura, and Soul Fire while in Metamorphosis by 2.5% per mastery (up from 1.92%).

You really think that's enough to make up for 25% nerf to chaos wave and cataclysm???

Deleted
    I just made this quick when I wasnt home and I was really bored, I will be rolling destruction for 6.2 obviously, And I can make a more detailed guide on that in a week or so if anyone is interested. I never write guides or so, I was just extemely bored and had to do something. Thanks for the feedback! And is that the real Ridindurrty? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

- - - Updated - - -