Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've seen a couple of odd trinket choices by high end raiding priests:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Taliwyr/simple (leech trinket)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Yuvie/simple Repudiation)

i can see how repudiation would be used for progression..flat damage reduction certainly has its value

considering how much spirit phylactery is worth.. phylactery and repudiation would likely be my choices....or phylactery and intuition's gift...although i feel like that would be far too much spirit
    Last edited by ZiggyZ; 2015-07-11 at 12:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I was using the leech trinket to whore item level for wow progress :^)))

QQ though, forever #2

Last edited by mmoc0518d3ffd2; 2015-07-11 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimonk View Post
    I was using the leech trinket to whore item level for wow progress :^)))
    The two major morals of the story here is

1) Don't follow blindly
    2) When someone does something funny, it's 99% to a)cheese something b)experiment for the sake of it.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Is the leech trinket awful, or are people avoiding it because it doesn't show on their meters?

Nevermind, I see it is awful because it doesn't proc on absorbs.
    Last edited by tinef; 2015-07-14 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    how about Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia ? has anyone tried this one ? and how do is match other trinket ?

Good for ranking during farm I guess, but wouldn't touch it during progress since it's rng and you don't want to rely on rng trinket procs for healing intensive phases during progress. Then again I scored my worst percentile ever on Kilrogg last week so maybe my ways of thinking are dated.

I think Phylactery + IG is the best, maybe Pylacter + FRP

I would be so happy if anyone in our raid got a phylactery. Haven't seen one since we started : /

Did anyone actually tried the class trinket?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Wanted to resurrect this thread to discuss PW:Solace vs. Mindbender once you have a Phylactery. Since the trinket reduces Holy Fire's mana cost, should we be going back to Mindbender since it provides more returned mana?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have DP, mana is a non issue. And solace just interacts with T18 tier much better.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    If you have DP, mana is a non issue. And solace just interacts with T18 tier much better.
    What Pearl said is correct, but you have to be careful with Solace. If your uptime is too low, you might be better off with Mindbender. For example, I picked a random priest from the top 150 on Council. The priest ran out of mana before the end of the fight, but his uptime on Solace was at 56%, while higher ranked priest (Pearl included) are closer to 70%. I have seen Disc priests with abysmal uptimes (30% and below), and I don't really understand why they wouldn't make the switch.
    Last edited by Tygerlily177; 2015-07-29 at 10:22 PM.

I've been running DP and DSI / IG. DSI is actually better for healing than most proc trinkets as it has a high proc chance and high up time (over 33%) and with all the spirit on off pieces it's not 100% necessary to be running double regen trinkets. That being said, IG has a lot of value on marathon fights like gorefiend (people are using it to spam more PoH).

Solace only interacts better with 4P. Solace is a net mana loss agaisnt 2P/2P. With 19% unbuffed haste (Just BT), I was getting more out of mindbender without PI even up than I would have from solace. The issue with solace is that when you run 2p/2p you don't need to holy fire 6 times a minute, you only need to holy fire 4 times. This makes the net gain from solace 16% mana back assuming perfect play. However, because you cast 2 holy fires with DP it's actually closer to 14.5% while bender will average around 14% and save you 2 GCDs. Also bender is much more forgiving, delaying each solace by 1 second is actually fairly reasonable and still better than most disc priests will get. Bender is much easier to cast with a 1-2 second delay making it heavily outshine solace.

DP is great, really helped on the mana.
    I perfer the DSI over IG. The 1.3 min CD bothered me with no lining up with PI.

Im surprised DSI is not THE BIS trinket for disc. 400 mastery and around 500 effective int? Thats insane throughput increases.
    Last edited by jstefanop; 2015-08-06 at 05:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jstefanop View Post
    Im surprised DSI is not THE BIS trinket for disc. 400 mastery and around 500 effective int? Thats insane throughput increases.
    It's a very good option, I'd also consider it BiS on shorter fights. The haste and spirit on felspark isn't completely useless though so it will depend on fight length.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Ive been using MB for so long I have no idea how I would use solace with T18. I will be dropping my 2pc/2pc soon so I will most likely be needing to make the switch, but solace gives 3 stacks...so where will I get my other two? Obviously offensive penance is out of the question with 4 piece T18 as that would be a waste. The only obvious thing to me is 3 solace + 2 fire nova.

Quote Originally Posted by jstefanop View Post
    Ive been using MB for so long I have no idea how I would use solace with T18. I will be dropping my 2pc/2pc soon so I will most likely be needing to make the switch, but solace gives 3 stacks...so where will I get my other two? Obviously offensive penance is out of the question with 4 piece T18 as that would be a waste. The only obvious thing to me is 3 solace + 2 fire nova.
    Why would offensive penance be a waste? It's sometimes better to use offensive over defensive especially if you're going to run into a lot of overhealing since offensive will proc 4p. Even then, you can and should find time to smite/holy fire on almost every fight unless your cohealers are afk. I believe this was proven on another thread but its worth it to smite/holy fire for 5 stack AA.

Defensive penance is rarely good, at least in my experience as a T18 4-pc Heroic HFC pugger and Heroic/Normal HFC guild runner. It's rare to get no overhealing with it, it can get sniped. It's great when it works perfectly, and it's good in specialized cases, like healing the debuffed player in Tyrant Velhari and the befouled player in Fel Lord Zakuun. But in a large majority of cases, it's better to use penance offensively - the damage it does is not negligible - I'm almost never outdamaged by any other healer and often clear 7k dps, and offensive penance allows us to reach 5 stacks of evangelism with only the required 12 seconds of downtime between archangels.

Smite is a terrible, underpowered spell. It's a worse part of our toolkit than Heal or Flash Heal. In rare cases where we have to use defensive penance twice in a 30 second period and therefore can't reach 5 stacks in time, I'd rather pop a 3 or 4 stack evangelism than waste time casting Smite.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    It's a very good option, I'd also consider it BiS on shorter fights. The haste and spirit on felspark isn't completely useless though so it will depend on fight length.
    +1 for DSI, paired with Demonic Phylactery you have regen for up to ~7 min with reasonable spirit. DSI is worth around 600 int give or take, with a reasonably high uptime on the proc as well.

Edit: Melchey is right about offensive penance as well, esp with t18 4pc. The important thing is to not get locked into one or the other...if a target needs a defensive penance, give it to them! if not, get a stack and proc off your 4pc in the process. Both uses are valid. Many top logs are showing sparing smite usage as well, despite how bad the spell itself is. The reality is with the loss of t17 you will probably need to cast the occasional smite to hit your 5stack, and yes it is still worth it.
    Last edited by Mythrose; 2015-08-10 at 05:37 PM.