Monk weapon placement, why has this not been fixed?

Now that two-handers are "BIS" all monks have to suffer with upside down & wonky weapons on their backs.
    I got the Frost Scythe from Ahune today, and was over the moon, until I remembered I was a monk...

It wasn't 'fixed' because it was never broken, that's intended design choice.

Would be awkward to attack if it sheathed the other way don't you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    It wasn't 'fixed' because it was never broken, that's intended design choice.
    maybe it is not broken, but it looks ugly and it is really hard to find some weapons which fit to your transmogg set.

I would really like to have a glyph for this. I would really like to have the weapons like the other healers. But I will use swords for ever I think, because they don't look ugly on my back.

The majority of two handed weapons have high attach points. While this looks great if your holding the weapon, or if its on your back and you are a caster type, it is an obvious visual error when placed upside down on monk's backs because of where they attach it.

I don't care if you want your intended design choice, but at least fix it visually. Almost all 2 handers that attach upside down on the back for a monk are telescopically retarded looking. It is even more annoying that the fix is very simple, either make the glyph show 2 handers as casters do, or fix the attach point on the back.

I'd be content if the jab glyph just rotated the weapon to be placed like it is on everyone else. The jab animation is the entire reason for it (so the unsheathing/sheathing animation looks fluid). But if I'm not pulling out the weapon to jab then I really don't need that smooth animation.

I agree, this bugged me a lot too, bought one of the CM staves, I think the book one, and ugh, waste of money. The polearm looks alright cause it's symmetrical. The scythe above is a pretty good example. Glyph rotating it makes a lot of sense.

It ain't broken. You grab it by the handle, you need to be agile in combat, you're a monk afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by vicour View Post
    The majority of two handed weapons have high attach points. While this looks great if your holding the weapon, or if its on your back and you are a caster type, it is an obvious visual error when placed upside down on monk's backs because of where they attach it.

I don't care if you want your intended design choice, but at least fix it visually. Almost all 2 handers that attach upside down on the back for a monk are telescopically retarded looking. It is even more annoying that the fix is very simple, either make the glyph show 2 handers as casters do, or fix the attach point on the back.
    Then you don't want to 'fix' it, you want to change it, that's something different. And I don't really care about it, because I like it the way it is, making monks a little bit more unique with it. /shrug

It's visually messed up. Get any basic staff and its plain to see the attach point is up near the characters shoulder. Totally stupid and awkward.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just accurately depicting how a monk would use jab with a two-handed weapon - grabbing it over the shoulder and swinging it once then putting it back. It's not a storage thing, it's a quick access thing. Other classes don't put away their weapons between swings, we only use it for one

The scythes specifically do look off because of it, but otherwise it's very intended.
    disco inferno

Deleted
    Here is a screenshot from my monk while leveling.
    This looks just stupid

I really prefer it as healer, that the weapons would be looking normal like caster.

to those going "its not broken, you grab it by the handle" do you seriously not see how jacked up the weapon is on the back? The anchor point for staves/polearms on the monks need to be lowered.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

If they changed that about 2h weapons for monks, I'd actually become excited about using them. As it stands, every single one of my transmog sets looks better dual wielding

10+ Year Old Account
    The weapon placement is one of the reasons why I can't just switch from CM transmog. The polearm from Peak of Serenity matches the set well and is one of the rare weapons that actually look good on monk's back.

It probably isn't as easy as it sounds but a possible fix could be if the character would hold them 3-5 "hands" more backwards. (only active on Monk characters)

As for tip when looking for weapon from MogIt for example, the shorter the length of the back end of the weapon toward your hand, the better it will look behind your back.
    Last edited by keqe; 2015-06-23 at 10:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

try the ulduar polearms, Dark Edge of Depravity and all of it's recolors (I think there are 4 in total), also I found Halberd of Inner Shadows (the polearm from Malkarok, Siege of Ogrimmar) looking decent on a monk

Then you don't want to 'fix' it, you want to change it, that's something different. And I don't really care about it, because I like it the way it is, making monks a little bit more unique with it. /shrug
    You don't read well. I said keep your intended mechanic but fix the obvious visual problem. See Koyo's screen, or the tons of google images showing the same problem.

- - - Updated - - -

There are only a few mogs I can use without looking goofy, the screaming tiger polearms, GreatStaff of the Nexus and Bloodboil Lancet, and maybe 2-3 more. Any others have the telescopic look. For anyone else claiming 'intended mechanic', please tell me you would actually mount your staff on your shoulder like Koyo's screen. Really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I could do without the high shoulder staves, but it's not a huge deal. I know our BiS is staves, but I still look for 1h weapons that look more pleasing. I'll use a stave on a progression fight, but otherwise it's all about 1 handers.