Thread: Horde PVP 6.2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ashe View Post
    nice list. however it conveniently omits how horde racials were insanely OP for the previous 2 xpacs.
    its no coincidence that every world first race since the end of wrath has been nearly all horde.
    That is a problem yes, but this is a discussion about PvP, where racial imbalance is a much larger issue. Its flat out killing any PvP because PvP relies on both sides have stable populations and is a much more competitive environment. Should Horde racials be balanced in respect to PvE? Absolutly. Is Horde being better at PvE as big an issue and as detrimental to the game as Alliance being better at PvP? Hell no. Alliance being better at PvP prevents people from getting into it, it prevents world pvp, it kills competition, and the races that are overpowered are so overpowered that you're absolutely forced to play specific races, and for the entirety of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Actually, the WoD changes brought the alliance racials up to par with the horde ones pve wise.

It did nothing of the sort. Horde was better for PvE, Alliance for PvP. Horde was made lesser for PvE (good) Alliance was made way better for PvP (bad)
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    It did nothing of the sort. Horde was better for PvE, Alliance for PvP. Horde was made lesser for PvE (good) Alliance was made way better for PvP (bad)
    It did just fine, guess you never bothered checking the actual changes in terms of pve dps and the respective simulations since wod.

Even more PVPers going to Alliance... AND Blizzard still doesn't want to fix the human trinket.
    Last edited by Kauko; 2015-06-27 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    It did just fine, guess you never bothered checking the actual changes in terms of pve dps and the respective simulations since wod.
    Like I said, I found little fault in the PvE issues. This is a PvP thread on a PvP forum, so was pointing out that the PvP racial balance is not only a major issue, but something that was made far worse in WoD.

Deleted
    Imo, it's not even about the racials (anymore) at this point.

People just see the Alliance as the faction where you can find more/better pvp players and partners.
    Even if they removed EMFH or gave something like it to the Horde I don't see people all changing factions (again).

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    maybe if horde had mother fucking set bonuses. btw how does a patch go live with one faction missing set bonuses. that's no accident.
    Agreed, the only accident here is that it happened to the horde. This sounds more like a bug meant for alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Imo, it's not even about the racials (anymore) at this point.

People just see the Alliance as the faction where you can find more/better pvp players and partners.
    Even if they removed EMFH or gave something like it to the Horde I don't see people all changing factions (again).
    The thing is, people switched because the racials. Thats the point. If they werent OP in the first place it wouldnt have happened.

The difference between pve and pvp is that in pve racials were not stopping Alliance from progressing the raids. In PvP racials are obstacle to reach certain barrier, they're limiting people, and in WoD it basicly killed pvp in one faction.

The state that PvP is in literally makes me weep. I don't want to switch to Alliance to do progress and be revelant. But It seems to be completely pointless to do it. There is certaintly something wrong if Entire segment of game that is PvP is dominated by one faction. And I don't see how players can be excited when they play humans and fight humans all the time. That is just completely flavourless, and disheartening.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-07-03 at 12:06 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    The difference between pve and pvp is that in pve racials were not stopping Alliance from progressing the raids. In PvP racials are obstacle to reach certain barrier, they're limiting people, and in WoD it basicly killed pvp in one faction.

The state that PvP is in literally makes me wheep. I don't want to switch to Alliance to so progress and be revelant. But It seems to be completely pointless to do it. There is certaintly something wrong if Entire segment of game that is PvP is dominated by one faction. And I don't see how players can be excited when they play humans and fight humans all the time. That is just completely flavourless, and disheartening.
    I'm not about to pay Blizzard for 11 character FC changes because they lack the competency to balance PvP and lack the interest and integrity to admit it. Not happening. They aren't getting another dime for me which likely means the rest of this expansion is gone for me *at least*.

Well if you think about it its not really that hard to figure out. You can currently get all the best gear from from grinding honor so all the people who switched to ally are grinding honor for the new gear for next season. So you have a bunch of people who are serious about pvp or at least semi serious vs a bunch of people who just want to casually do bgs.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    The thing is, people switched because the racials. Thats the point. If they werent OP in the first place it wouldnt have happened.
    True, but on eu everyone was alliance in mop and everyone was horde on us. Racials arent the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktok View Post
    lol, ele shamans in pvp, lol
    Are completely find in raid situations, but anything that involves... stuff, they aren't great.

100/Ashran/Alliance Racials are why I really haven't leveled my toons. I just random BG in lowbie queues ot my 90+ toons. In those brackets (and my level 40 toon), Horde do fine. By "fine" I mean, I'm over 50% in everything, every toon, every BG.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

For those sayint that humans were never the best race: cata human rogues with double heroic trinkets and legendary daggers say "hi".

On the "it has always been like this", no it has not and I will just post here what I posted in the US forums on the same matter:

Yeah, it has, but in former expansions horde had access to the engineering glove that would act a little like our second "on use" trinket that would make our burst during on proc trinket a little closer than the human double trinket, human was still better, but the other racials would then even the scales.

In this expansion not only they removed this mechanism, but also gave humans a 100 bonus versatility which is a stat that has no diminishing return and is pretty great, making them the overall best race.

I know that anecdotal evidence isn't the best I can bring, but last week me and my friend played alts for fun on the weekend. We played at 2100 ~ 2200 MMR for about 3 hours. We played jungle cleave, on our horde team (he plays a goblin) he hardly ever outdamaged me, on ally (where he plays a human) I only outdamaged him in one game against a smoke bomb cleave, mainly because the game ended really fast and I could spread bleeds.

Deleted
    Tommorow pvp will be even funnier. Top pvpers stomping ashran even harder, people running in bgs with conquest gear while majority of the horde will be stuck with honor stuff

At this point it really feels to me like PvP is dying and Blizz wants it to.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new season starting today, I have a strange feeling I'll never get my box from Ashran. (Not that I've got one since 6.2)

I'm going to agree with the person who said that Horde simply doesn't know how to PvP. Almost 5 expansions of arena and players generally have been unable to realize that the game is about cooldown management and exploitation and not simply "tunnel the healer" or "OMG GTFO of mid".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydeeps View Post
    With the new season starting today, I have a strange feeling I'll never get my box from Ashran. (Not that I've got one since 6.2)
    If it is still possible, my suggestion is to exploit LFG and server hop to find a server/crossrealm group that is Horde dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydeeps View Post
    The buff for loosing events should make it so horde will win at least every so often. I hope I dont have to do ashran for 5 hours for 1 win but still alliance will have to sit in queue for 2 hours just to get in. In the end I am hoping it balances out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktok View Post
    lol, ele shamans in pvp, lol
    I tried it out when my ele shammy hit 100 just for some gear, and it was a total train-wreck. That being said, I did still thoroughly enjoy hanging out at the flag in Eye of the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's affecting PvP balance, though. Right now, you're looking at a 20 min queue to get into randoms on the Alliance (longer if you also queue for AV and IoC), while Horde is never longer than about 2 mins.
    And? Most of WoW's history it's been like that, except flipped. Why is it only a crisis now?
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge