Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What are mythic dungeons like?

Not able to jump on and give them a crack until later tonight, just curious as to how they are difficulty wise and how they compare to heroic/challenge mode? I'll be doing them through the group finder, so just curious as to what to expect.
    Any info greatly appreciated

curious too

are they easy/hard for the average 650-660 group ?

any new mechanics ?

all loot is just upscaled heroics loot ? (630 -> 685)

how does the ilvl 700 drops work ? any item that drops has a chance to be a 700 instead of 685 ? How often do these 700 drop ? Can any drop from any boss roll as 700 or only end boss ?

in current LFD heroics you have Personal loot by default and the end boss has a guaranteed 1 drop for every member .. is it the same in mythics ? end boss guarantees 1 drop for everyone on Personal Loot ? Or not ?

Deleted
    Did mythic iron docks with average ilvl ~670ish group. Wasn't too bad. Wasn't a complete faceroll though. The difficulty seemed well done.

all loot is just upscaled heroics loot ? (630 -> 685)
    Yeah, exact same loot tables, just more ilvl.

how does the ilvl 700 drops work ? any item that drops has a chance to be a 700 instead of 685 ? How often do these 700 drop ? Can any drop from any boss roll as 700 or only end boss ?
    No idea, no ilvl 700 gear dropped for us. We're doing mythic burial grounds atm, will report back if I see one drop.

any new mechanics ?
    Not that I've noticed.

thanks !

btw, the group that you form for the mythic dungeon in the group finder - does it have Personal Loot or N/G by default ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    thanks !

btw, the group that you form for the mythic dungeon in the group finder - does it have Personal Loot or N/G by default ?

you don't queue for mythic dungeons.

I just did Bloodmaul Slag Mines with a pug, Im 691 tank others were reasonable, 680ish.

The difficulty is scaled up cleverly. I found it mostly easy enough to survive but if you get hit by an avoidable mechanic you get crunched. Over half my health and a stun from the ogres smashes, DPS near one shots from getting caught. Bosses much the same, we had trouble and had to remember and obey mechanics long since forgotten or ignored. Wiped on path of fire elementals and had to take them slow, wiped on last boss and had to refocus interrupts to stop the molten spell which hits like a truck now.

You just cannot ignore any mechanic now, and I noticed a few new ones in the trash, none of the bosses were changed. Overall good work by blizzard, from watching PTR videos I was expecting to storm through, didnt happen.

Loot was personal loot but different, when boss dies people with an item can loot, people without cannot, you can see what is picked up and they can trade it if they want. Last boss seemed to have a guaranteed item for everyone and one extra for me as I had looted nothing yet. All items were 685.

Quote Originally Posted by donbooger View Post
    [...] and they can trade it if they want.
    Wait, you can trade the "personal" loot? Is that the case elsewhere too, like Normal/Heroic raids? Or just mythic dungeons?

E: No, you can't. Meh!
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-06-24 at 07:43 PM.

It feels like doing the dungeon at 615 ilvl again.

No, seriously, that's what it felt like. The mechanics are exactly the same, but you don't vastly outgear the dungeon anymore. Damaging mechanics will hit you for 25% of your health again, so you can't just ignore them, etc. etc.

It's not as hard as challenge modes, it just feels like doing the dungeons back at 615/620 ilvl again. You actually have to do the mechanics properly and boss fights last longer than 60 seconds.

I did a Mythic Iron Docks and got a 705 Warforged belt that was actually a nice upgrade from my H BRF 691 belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Wait, you can trade the "personal" loot?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Wait, you can trade the "personal" loot? Is that the case elsewhere too, like Normal/Heroic raids? Or just mythic dungeons?
    For every boss we killed it seemed only one person could loot, we can all see the item and he traded it to whoever needed it as unlike personal loot it wasnt spec or class dependent, there was a deathknight that looted a leather item. The healer got a tank trinket.

The last boss everyone got something and that item too could be traded. Seems seperate to personal loot in raids as the item you get may not be equip able. I hope they fix this or grinding mythic dungeons for upgrades is dead in the water, I would want a tighter loot table and not being able to loot crap for other classes.

Just saw a ilvl 705? warforged drop from mythic 5man boss. with 200 SPEED! crazy stuff and this wasnt off last boss either!

With a group that was average 693 ilvl, it was very very easy. We wiped once in Everbloom due to a hunter with Barrage pulling the cosmos, but other than that, it was much easier than doing the bosses on heroic when the expansion launched.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Just saw a ilvl 705? warforged drop from mythic 5man boss. with 200 SPEED! crazy stuff and this wasnt off last boss either!
    In mythic dungeons and timewalking dungeons warforged is +20 ilvl. All bosses in mythic dungeons drop 685 gear or 705 warforged gear.

Deleted
    What? ilvl 705? +socket eventually?

So even myth raiders could farm those dungeons for the moment...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    What? ilvl 705? +socket eventually?

So even myth raiders could farm those dungeons for the moment...
    You can only do one mythic per week, so not exactly farming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable man View Post
    That's not right? You can do them all, just loot once per mythic, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripture View Post
    you don't queue for mythic dungeons.
    He didn't say anything about queueing, and yes you can build a group with the "Premade Finder".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyzta View Post
    That's not right? You can do them all, just loot once per mythic, right?
    Uh...yeah but we were talking about farming, as in looting, which you can only do once per week.

Speaking of which...

How does the lockout work? What if you enter a mythic and only kill one boss? Can you loot bosses in other mythic dungeons or can you only loot stuff in the mythic you already killed a boss in, and you can't loot anything in other dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    curious too

are they easy/hard for the average 650-660 group ?
    A group that low will struggle. That's 25-30 points below the loot drops. Even a group 675ish has to really watch it, because there is a lot of stuff that will 1 shot you.

Deleted
    Uh...yeah but we were talking about farming, as in looting, which you can only do once per week.

Speaking of which...

How does the lockout work? What if you enter a mythic and only kill one boss? Can you loot bosses in other mythic dungeons or can you only loot stuff in the mythic you already killed a boss in, and you can't loot anything in other dungeons?
    Sorry, maybe I'm confused, but I was under the impression that each one had its own lockout, and you could loot from each mythic you did - assuming it was the first time you'd been in there? (With the exception of using bonus rolls ofc)
    Last edited by mmocf489b978f6; 2015-06-24 at 04:59 AM.

Wrong. You can loot each Mythic Dungeon once per week.

Each Mythic Dungeons has a weekly lockout, and drops gear that's item level 685 with a chance for Warforged loot that is item level 705.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/198...otes-6-22-2015

Reading Patch Notes iz hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Wrong. You can loot each Mythic Dungeon once per week.

Each Mythic Dungeons has a weekly lockout, and drops gear that's item level 685 with a chance for Warforged loot that is item level 705.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/198...otes-6-22-2015

Reading Patch Notes iz hard.
    Thought that was the case