Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

HFC Cache Information

Summary (of what is probably true):

1, You need to be Shipyard level 2 to get Cache Missions

2, BRF progress affects HFC Cache level (between 11 and 19 kills, you get a Cache that is one level below your BRF progress.)

3, HFC kills give you the Cache of the same difficulty - Heroic kills, Heroic Cache, and etc (see Note 1.)

3, If you fail your mission, it will respawn (see Note 2.)

Thanks to good luck (and 20 Mission Completion Orders, 15 of them stale inside my mailbox), I've successfully upgraded my shipyard to Level 2 and completed the Cache mission a few hours ago, before 24 hours has passed since patch. Since I did not even so much as step inside HFC, I was pleasantly surprised to see a Heroic level Cache. I bought a 10/10 M-BRF run some time ago after giving up progress, giving me a total of 19 Mythic kills inside BRF (1 Blackhand).

Just thought it's about time to pool information on this subject. It would hopefully be useful for other people if we can share our HFC kills, BRF kills at the time of triggering the Cache, Cache level and Cache drops. Maybe Highmaul? I doubt it actually will affect the cache though.

......oh, and the cache contained a 705 Chest piece from Hellfire Assault (Felgrease-Smudged Robes.) I have a warforged 706 chest.

Note 1:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Note 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitemist View Post
    Question to see if anyone else experienced this. Had the Heroic HFC Cache pop yesterday. I was impatient, so sent it at 92%. I used a Mission Completion Order from magetower, and it failed. Here is where it becomes interesting; Both my ships survived the failed mission, and to my surprise it re-popped right away, I sent it again, and it succeeded. I assume this is intentional. Is this something that happens if both ships survive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It's intended, and honestly much superior. Nothing worse than failing a raid mission via the garrison not to have it pop up again.

All this one does is delay you, and it only delays you if your ship dies. The delay really isn't that big of a deal considering how much oil and GR you can get as well, it's also not a huge time loss assuming you took the mage tower (you should have a mage tower).
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2015-07-08 at 05:02 AM.

I highly doubt 10/10M unlocks Mythic caches considering less than 200 (or 150?) guilds have downed Blackhand.

The way it worked for BRF Mythic was 21 lootable Heroic BRF Kills (10 bosses x 2 + 1) OR 15 Mythic HM kills (7 bosses x 2 + 1).

HM Mythic caches was 21 lootable/non-lootable kills (10 bosses x 2 + 1).

I'm a bit confused by your post. Are you saying you received an HFC cache already? How do you upgrade shipyard to level 2?

Also, out of curiosity, how much did you pay for a 10/10M carry?

Yes, I received an HFC cache already. Mostly by luck - you need to have a total of 15 mission to spawn between 24 hours, which is possible but not assured. You also need at least 15 mission completion orders from mage tower/spirit hut (well, or less, since some missions aren't that long), which means you need to stock those orders inside your mailbox beforehand.

I did not receive a M-HFC Cache, but a H-HFC Cache, which led me to think that doing a full-clear of BRF guarantees you Heroic HFC Caches.

Midwinter charged 1M. It was fairly late into patch 6.1 though, and their RL said they charged 1.5M back during their 1st week after full clear.

How many Heroic BRF kills do you have?

58 kills total, though not sure if that affected anything. Might be that BRF heroic kills give you H-HFC Caches, but based on M-Highmaul->H-BRF Cache experience I would guess not.

Link armory for proof, because I'm calling major BS. Pretty sure it's basically impossible to complete 20 shipyard missions with only 4 ships available while most missions are at least a few hours long and up to two days.

It is, there is a bug with the first mission you get where you could cancel it and take the quest back every time your 1 min mission was completed... some people used it to skip ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tablespecd View Post
    Link armory for proof, because I'm calling major BS. Pretty sure it's basically impossible to complete 20 shipyard missions with only 4 ships available while most missions are at least a few hours long and up to two days.
    He already answered that question a couple of times:
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    mission completion orders

You know you can build the same ship multiple times, right?
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Procced heroic HFC cache mission. I have over 50 heroic BRF kills and 24 mythic BRF kills.
    Can't link armory due to posting restrictions, but my character is Eclecticlife on Draka, US servers.

I have questions

- the shipyard level 2 - you get that right after you do the quest with 1000 GR, 1000 gold and 15 naval missions, right ? the reward is a sub plan + SY lvl 2 .. ?

- and then the same for lvl 3 with the q with 2500 gold, 2500 GR and 25 navals ?

Correct ?

and also:

- the HFC cache mission can spawn as soon as you have a lvl 2 SY ? Do you need to have some special ships for it (like you needed 645/660 followers earlier) or is just the lvl 2 SY already enough ?

- When does the legendary ring chain shipyard part start ? Also as soon as you have SY lvl 2 ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    I have questions

- the shipyard level 2 - you get that right after you do the quest with 1000 GR, 1000 gold and 15 naval missions, right ? the reward is a sub plan + SY lvl 2 .. ?

- and then the same for lvl 3 with the q with 2500 gold, 2500 GR and 25 navals ?

Correct ?

and also:

- the HFC cache mission can spawn as soon as you have a lvl 2 SY ? Do you need to have some special ships for it (like you needed 645/660 followers earlier) or is just the lvl 2 SY already enough ?

- When does the legendary ring chain shipyard part start ? Also as soon as you have SY lvl 2 ?

Thanks
    Q1: correct.
    Q2: It requires 25 naval treasure missions, the other reqs are correct.

Q3: Level 2 shipyard is enough. The mission might require Carrier (from level 3 shipyard) in order to get a good success chance.
    Q4: The first mission for legendary quest should proc when you get shipyard to level 2.

In case you still want it, the link's http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ras/Vende/feed
    Search "Felgrease-Smudged Robes" should show you the item looting.
    I haven't got a single HFC kill, so the source of it should be enough proof.

Quote Originally Posted by twackycats View Post
    Procced heroic HFC cache mission. I have over 50 heroic BRF kills and 24 mythic BRF kills.
    Can't link armory due to posting restrictions, but my character is Eclecticlife on Draka, US servers.
    Out of curiosity, what did you get? Mission still in progress?

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what did you get? Mission still in progress?
    I got unlucky. I got the variation that requires a destroyer and a carrier and 5 equipment counters.
    With a perfect team (two human crews and 4 counters), I would only be able to get it to 98%

I'm at least going to wait until I get level 3 shipyard for the carrier before I try it.

Quote Originally Posted by twackycats View Post
    I got unlucky. I got the variation that requires a destroyer and a carrier and 5 equipment counters.
    With a perfect team (two human crews and 4 counters), I would only be able to get it to 98%

I'm at least going to wait until I get level 3 shipyard for the carrier before I try it.
    Ah, that is poor luck. I got "All Fel Breaks Loose", which only needed submarine.

......it was the only one that doesn't need a carrier too. I'd call myself lucky if I didn't get a 705 chest piece.

My guildie and I unlocked lvl 2 Shipyard today and both had the mission appear for a HEROIC HFC cache. We both have 100+ heroic and mythic BRF kills, so I'm guessing to get a Mythic cache, you probably have to clear Heroic HFC a few times. Also to note, I had 8 boss kills in heroic HFC when I proc'd the cache.
    Last edited by Sigmatic; 2015-06-25 at 11:53 AM.

Here's some more data. I have 0 Mythic BRF or Highmaul kills. Many clears of Heroic BRF and Highmaul. This week I'm currently 5/13N. I received the Normal Cache mission.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    81 H BRF
    10 M BRF
    2 H HFC when I got the naval mission...

Normal Cache.

Level 2 shipyard procs mission. In my case, heroic cache. 12/13H and many (130+) mythic brf kills, so looks like past raid minus one difficulty is initial ilvl. Of course mission requires carrier which you can't get without doing 25 treasure missions...
    Mage | Paladin | Officer of <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> | A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads.

107 Mythic BRF kills
    10/10 Mythic
    6 H HFC kills

Instant Heroic Cache after upgrading to 2