Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Custom Weak Aura - Raid Cooldown Notification - Feedback pls!

Hello! I'm back and I've made a new Weak Aura for a Raid Cooldown management system.

NEW: Quick set up video. Only leaders need ERT. Everyone needs the weak aura.

Preface:
    The basic idea is that I'm a healing officer, and I manage the raid cooldowns for the boss fights, at the same time our normal raid leader is calling stuff out for the fight in general and for mechanics. With 2 people talking, it sometimes gets a bit hectic, so I wanted to add a visual as well as an audio. What this weak aura will do, is when the raid leader triggers it, it will show an icon signifying to use that specified cooldown, to the SPECIFIC PERSON, that it was meant for. AKA: It will only show to one person.

Example:

Now, this obviously adds more complexity to the person calling out the cooldowns, but from what I have experienced thus far testing with guildies its actually helped and made cooldowns used much more promptly, with sometimes less chatter in our mumble channel.

Requirements:
    Everyone will need the weak aura of course, which can be found here: https://wago.io/CDNotification
    If you are a RAIDER: This is the only thing you should need.

EVERYONE should be in the specified channel that we will set up later in the post.

LEADERS:
    If you are the one that will trigger the aura, Exorsus Raid Tools IS REQUIRED. If you're using any other cooldown management addon, just ditch it and use this (Trust me, you'll thank me anyway).

Setup:
    If you open up your weak aura options (/wa) and open the 'Trigger' tab on the aura we imported. You want to click 'Expand Text Editor', which will show a bunch of green text and some code.

You don't need to know what code does, you just need to make sure you and your raid all have the same channel:

You'll see this line of code halfway down. You can leave "SRCDS" alone and use that if you want, or you can use your own channel name. This is where you change it. So if you want to use MyGuildsCDChannel as the channel name for example, you would change everything INSIDE the quotation marks ( " " ) with that. (string.upper("MyGuildsCDChannel")) It's important that all the color coded information is still color coded the same way, if the whole bottom half of the code is grey, then you missed an quotation mark.

LEADERS ONLY (though it wouldn't hurt if you were a raider): Do the same thing as above, but go to the ACTIONS tab

MAKE SURE YOU JOIN THE CHANNEL YOU SPECIFY. (Example: /join SRCDS)
    You can then either put this channel in a new tab (its going to be spammy so you don't really need to see it) or you can right click on the tab and hit 'settings' and uncheck the channel:

Leaders I would recommend just putting it into a new tab, just incase it doesnt send a message with it hidden. Test if for yourself and let me know.

You want to use the same channel name as before (case sensitivity does not matter, only the same characters)

ERT Setup (Leaders only):

You can open up ERT with /ert. First thing you want to do is go to Raid Cooldowns -> Appearance -> Other Setup
    Here you want to check mark 'Send Message to Chat on Click'

Then setup ERT for your own personal taste. (Go to Raid Cooldowns -> Spells, and use 'Fast Setup' for a quick setup, then you can use 'Templates' under Appearance' to get something you like.)

Here is an example of my Cooldown Tracker:

Now you simple CLICK on the bar and it SHOULD output a message to the channel you specified.

And in turn, trigger the weak aura.

Extras:
    In Actions you can add an audio sound to your liking for when the aura appears (Under 'On Show')

In Trigger you can adjust how long you want the aura to show for yourself. I have the default set to 5 seconds.

NOTES:
    First time troubleshooting:
    Join a group first
    If it doesn't work the first time, join a group. The aura updates on roster changes and sometimes inspecting players in your group which should refresh itself. If it still doesn't work, do a /reload. Re group, and if all else fails inspect someone.

This works for ANY cooldown you are tracking with ERT. If you have a bar for it, you should be able to click it and it send the spell ID to the chat to trigger. Which will also have an Icon for that specified spell.

The problem comes with Single Target Cooldowns. In a earlier version, I had it set up where I could display the name of the person who sent the aura (meaning, use this single target cooldown on me!), but the code became useless when I optimized it to be much smaller and faster. I have yet to think of a way to check if the cooldown is labeled 'single target' somehow and differentiate between the two to display the senders name.

EDIT: I fixed this:

Until then, this should work for any spell you are tracking with ERT. I hope you enjoy and please give me any feedback you may have!
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2018-04-08 at 04:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got a chance to try it out or intend on using it? I've only used it locally with my guild so I'm interested in ways other people need / want it.

Awesome work. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but been looking for something like this for a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE: now works for Single Target Cooldowns where it shows the name of the person who sent it (Useful for tanks who want to ask for a cooldown)

Please delete the old one and get the new version 2.1 (same pastebin link)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyito View Post
    UPDATE: now works for Single Target Cooldowns where it shows the name of the person who sent it (Useful for tanks who want to ask for a cooldown)

Please delete the old one and get the new version 2.1 (same pastebin link)
    really really great idea and work.

i cant get it to work, it seems like my EXRT isnt sending a message to CHat on click. How the hell can i define the channel to which EXRT should send the Info.

also if both tanks using it, how will the healer / Cd Giving Player, know which tank to give his CD.
    Last edited by mmoc90470aabfc; 2015-07-05 at 09:54 AM.

Frequent lurker and after trying this out had to login and post saying how amazing this is & to commend the work you've done with it. Hope it gets the recognition it deserves. Definitely going to keep playing around with it and hopefully get around to some real feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corius View Post
    really really great idea and work.

i cant get it to work, it seems like my EXRT isnt sending a message to CHat on click. How the hell can i define the channel to which EXRT should send the Info.

also if both tanks using it, how will the healer / Cd Giving Player, know which tank to give his CD.
    First, as explained above, every person who is using the aura must use the same channel. You can edit the channel via

Trigger -> edit custom text, and I have a picture of what you should edit. The same is true at the bottom of the Actions tab. (basically find SRCDS, and replace it with your own)

Secondly, for tanks who use this they must do all the set up of a 'leader'. Once they get ERT to send a chat msg (and are running version 2.1) it should work for most known single target cooldowns.

Making a small video to show you exactly where you look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diversion View Post
    Frequent lurker and after trying this out had to login and post saying how amazing this is & to commend the work you've done with it. Hope it gets the recognition it deserves. Definitely going to keep playing around with it and hopefully get around to some real feedback.
    Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

quick tutorial on everything you should need to make it work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-L5wvvuC4
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2015-07-05 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    ok, we found out the problem. We were in a group and changed the settings of the Weak Auras and Exorsus. It Bugged and you weren't able to send Chatmessages from exorsus.

Deleted
    This is ridiculously amazing work you have done! I just found this thread and am trying to set it up at the moment with some officers. Will update soon..

It works!! This could really change the raiding scene, amazing job!

Only request now is that somehow I could possibly bind some of these in some way to some keybindings? Any idea if/how this could be possible in theory?
    Last edited by mmocad86c459bc; 2015-07-05 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bicv View Post
    This is ridiculously amazing work you guys have done! I just found this thread and am trying to set it up at the moment with some officers. Will update soon..

It works!! This could really change the raiding scene, amazing job!

Only request now is that somehow I could possibly bind some of these in some way to some keybindings? Any idea if/how this could be possible in theory?
    The only way I can think of is with a macro the puts text to the channel. But then you have to make a macro for every person which is kind of a lot.

Deleted
    Ah that would make sense, unfortunately my macro bank is totally stuffed already :/

The other question I wanted to ask you, was if there was a way to place an activation border around the prompt? Specifically if there is a way to change the size of the border of the weak aura's text display box? I wanted to make the icon stand out a bit more as I fear the request could go unnoticed in the heat of the combat with the current configuration.
    Last edited by mmocad86c459bc; 2015-07-05 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately no. That needs a frame to put around and the icon is generated through text commands. You could possibly make it bigger, (in display there is a grey 16 that is the size) otherwise you can aslo add a sound in actions, On Show

(custom code for display, just change the 16 and see if it changes the size)
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2015-07-05 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips on changing the icon size with the grey 16 lines and sound on show. Final question haha, for some reason my icons which are loading from this string are not using my normal icon skin from masque which is "caith". Any idea why the default blizzard skin is loading for the icon and not the masque one which normally loads? Thanks again

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips on changing the icon size with the grey 16 lines and sound on show. Final question haha, for some reason my icons which are loading from this string are not using my normal icon skin from masque which is "caith". Any idea why the default blizzard skin is loading for the icon and not the masque one which normally loads? Thanks again
    Thats a good question.. I'm using a function to look up the icon (example tranquility outputs: Interface\Icons\Spell_Nature_Tranquility). Which should be the icons in your WoW folder. I'm not entirely sure how to fix this right now.

can you give a side by side comparison of your bars / weak aura?

Do your other weak auras use the same icon as mine or they use the correct icon?

Deleted
    Sure, here is a imgur link to my monk's UI. I put your aura closer to the TellMeWhen strings I use which have the masque skin.

Yup my other weakauras all use the masque skin properly, for some reason it's just your string that uses the default blizz ones :S (The guard icon for example is a weakaura string using masque: caith).

10+ Year Old Account

this is what I get with Zen Med.

Deleted
    Yeah its very strange, which addons are you using for your skins by the way? Ones from ElvUi? or something else entirely?

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE: Version 2.1.1: I had a small bug I noticed where it would not use Hand of Protection or Pain Suppression because of the way I did my checks. Its a small update, so not entirely needed. (Just update if you plan on using the single target CDS) The same pastebin link should work for the update.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah its very strange, which addons are you using for your skins by the way? Ones from ElvUi? or something else entirely?
    I think I have Clean Icons (and also ElvUI skins yes)

elvUI addon skins: http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=128
    Clean Icons: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ns-Square.html
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2015-07-05 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyito View Post
    I think I have Clean Icons (and also ElvUI skins yes)

elvUI addon skins: http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=128
    Clean Icons: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ns-Square.html
    Thanks! Took a while to get the install working haha, but it seems that when I use that skin pack, the icons will use the CleanIcon ones instead of the default blizz icons

Deleted
    Hello,

nice work so far. But wouldn't it be easier to add a new variable for the channelname at the top of the code
    and to use this varible later on?

Something like this:

Code:
    -- trigger
    function(event, msg, author, _, _, _, _, _, _, channel)
       local channelName = "SRCDS"
      -- snip
          if event == "CHAT_MSG_CHANNEL" and string.upper(channel) ==  string.upper(channelName) then -- if something is said in this channel -- EDIT THIS CHANNEL NAME
    And of course change the lua of the action too.

Cheers,
    sg