Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Does anyone have a complete list of all the 6.2 "stealth" changes to MoP raids/soloing in general? There's Jin'rokh not resetting during throws, and SoO bosses dropping 2 pieces of gear when soloed on normal/heroic.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-07-28 at 12:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Does anyone have a complete list of all the 6.2 "stealth" changes to MoP raids/soloing in general? There's Jin'rokh not resetting during throws, and SoO bosses dropping 2 pieces of gear when soloed on normal/heroic.
    you don't need to clear normal to enter heroic now - it applies to cata / wotlk raids too.

Deleted
    Hi,

I know I don't have a lot of posts here but I come here to read, not to troll around. I've been playing wow since TBC but mostly mage. I come here and read all these amazing kills at soloing and I would like to learn more about it. I'm really having a hard time. The most I've done is MSV 10N. That was tough for me though, I think I need some tips in how to handle it. If anyone has any advice more than "L2P noob" and RTFM? Anyone has any good youtube-guides in order to get better? My gear is a mix of LFR and Tanaan-gear, ilvl 683 so I should be able to do more than MSV at 10N. I know it's a L2P-issue, but I'm here to get help and get tips in how to get better. Practice is one thing, I know that. I know the basics about DK but not at soloing. Any tips will do, I would really appreciate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Did it on Challenge Mode just to make sure. NO OVERGEARING THE BOSS YOU DIRTY FNX.

good luck is all I can tell you if you plan on trying this
    (ps thankfully you can skip all the way to the boss without even having to clear that much trash)
    tried last boss yet?
    edit: in cm that is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olisaurus View Post
    tried last boss yet?
    edit: in cm that is
    I didn't even bother because it demolished me in mythic already and mythic should be easier than cm... although in hindsight I probably should have tested how quickly the adds die from the NPC abilities in cm. But heh.

Deleted
    I didn't even bother because it demolished me in mythic already and mythic should be easier than cm... although in hindsight I probably should have tested how quickly the adds die from the NPC abilities in cm. But heh.
    Would you at least consider it as the hardest CM boss to solo? Not that I'm encouraging you to solo cm bosses, would just be interesting to hear your opinion on which boss would be the hardest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olisaurus View Post
    Would you at least consider it as the hardest CM boss to solo? Not that I'm encouraging you to solo cm bosses, would just be interesting to hear your opinion on which boss would be the hardest
    No idea, didn't attempt anything else outside of that in CMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Got ra-den to 43% EHEHEHHEEHHEE
    Please make a video when you do kill it

How many attempts do you have left for the week?

Deleted
    Did 2/4 bosses in Auchindoun CM. Didn't try 3rd boss yet. 3rd boss seems way way way too hard at first glance. Not spending more time in this instance ;_;

I'd give the full screenshot but it'd give away too much of the "strategy" (lol)

First boss is relatively "easy", I mean it hits pretty hard in melee and you definitely won't outheal it by just standing there, but it's fairly straightforward, just kite around and abuse the fact it stops moving to cast random things all the time. Took me like 2 or 3 attempts.
    Second boss... bahahaha. I've been in this shit instance since 9am (it's 10pm as of this post) and I'm only killing it now. Good luck

Honorable mention to the trash mobs as well, especially that goddamn pack before the first boss with the spirit mender.
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2015-07-30 at 09:23 PM.

Did 2/4 bosses in Auchindoun CM. Didn't try 3rd boss yet. 3rd boss seems way way way too hard at first glance. Not spending more time in this instance ;_;

I'd give the full screenshot but it'd give away too much of the "strategy" (lol)

First boss is relatively "easy", I mean it hits pretty hard in melee and you definitely won't outheal it by just standing there, but it's fairly straightforward, just kite around and abuse the fact it stops moving to cast random things all the time. Took me like 2 or 3 attempts.
    Second boss... bahahaha. I've been in this shit instance since 9am (it's 10pm as of this post) and I'm only killing it now. Good luck

Honorable mention to the trash mobs as well, especially that goddamn pack before the first boss with the spirit mender.
    I believe my strat for that instance involved a lot of kiting with the trash mobs before the first boss. As in literally up, and down the entry hallway so that the caster mobs would constantly be out of range to heal, or shield their friends.

It was prob my 2nd least favorite trash though. For some reason I really hated doing Iron Docks trash. The hunters especially. Disengage, caltrops, dot/bleed spears, can throw through walls so no los'ing throwing. It was just bleh.
    Last edited by Invisibelf; 2015-07-31 at 12:46 AM.

Glyph of icy touch
    Pff you mean go to my spellbook, and then click to put in a glyph? Sounds like a lot of work. Probably would have saved me a lot of hassle though.

Very well done as always
    Do you have an optimized gear set for soloing Challenge Modes or do you use your normal gear?

Also I'm wondering whether anyone has experimented with Reaper's Harvest, I'd imagine it doesn't overheal nearly as much when soloing?

And 3rd boss was even a hell to solo on normal while levelling, like 10k hp left before cds got ready, several attempts too with all buffs, and from what I saw even in mop, challenge mode soloing is usually quite a bit harder than soloing at the level it's meant to on normal, if you take for example jade temple where apart from water boss, others were progressively harder till sha of doubt which required very precise timing + 10 mins fight, and in challenge mode where mionelol said 2rd and 3rd would've been doable but not sha.

From normal soloing while levelling 1st boss was easy, 2nd took a bit of tries (not as many as in CM ofc), hard to keep up with adds and 3rd was a nightmare survival wise as resolve sucked in the mid 90s, 4th was very close (destruction spec), with BL drums it could've been doable, so auchindoun seems also to get progressively harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy42 View Post
    Hi,

I know I don't have a lot of posts here but I come here to read, not to troll around. I've been playing wow since TBC but mostly mage. I come here and read all these amazing kills at soloing and I would like to learn more about it. I'm really having a hard time. The most I've done is MSV 10N. That was tough for me though, I think I need some tips in how to handle it. If anyone has any advice more than "L2P noob" and RTFM? Anyone has any good youtube-guides in order to get better? My gear is a mix of LFR and Tanaan-gear, ilvl 683 so I should be able to do more than MSV at 10N. I know it's a L2P-issue, but I'm here to get help and get tips in how to get better. Practice is one thing, I know that. I know the basics about DK but not at soloing. Any tips will do, I would really appreciate it.
    First keep in mind breath of sindragosa nerf reduced dps a lot (I was doing 35k for a 6 min fight single target on oondasta in 690, I didn't try now but I bet I'd be far lower with 700 or so), having said this can you say what raid\boss you have problems on?
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2015-07-31 at 01:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrithiavia View Post
    Very well done as always
    Do you have an optimized gear set for soloing Challenge Modes or do you use your normal gear?

Also I'm wondering whether anyone has experimented with Reaper's Harvest, I'd imagine it doesn't overheal nearly as much when soloing?
    I have mostly mastery/ms but not on every slot. And my trinkets still suck I guess, Evergaze Arcane Eidolon + alchemy trinket. I'd use Anzu/BFD if I had them but heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibelf View Post
    I believe my strat for that instance involved a lot of kiting with the trash mobs before the first boss. As in literally up, and down the entry hallway so that the caster mobs would constantly be out of range to heal, or shield their friends.

It was prob my 2nd least favorite trash though. For some reason I really hated doing Iron Docks trash. The hunters especially. Disengage, caltrops, dot/bleed spears, can throw through walls so no los'ing throwing. It was just bleh.
    Yeah that pack (for me) involved zerging the small ranged mob then kiting while dispelling with icy touch.
    I didn't do Iron Docks on CM yet but on mythic I skipped most of the trash between 1st and 2nd boss by running past it and using the good old Salyin Battle Banner. Couldn't do the same for the trash after the 2nd boss tho ;_;
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2015-07-31 at 06:36 AM.

I have mostly mastery/ms but not on every slot. And my trinkets still suck I guess, Evergaze Arcane Eidolon + alchemy trinket. I'd use Anzu/BFD if I had them but heh.

Yeah that pack (for me) involved zerging the small ranged mob then kiting while dispelling with icy touch.
    I didn't do Iron Docks on CM yet but on mythic I skipped most of the trash between 1st and 2nd boss by running past it and using the good old Salyin Battle Banner. Couldn't do the same for the trash after the 2nd boss tho ;_;
    Oh. I just face tanked the Ogron, and then used the stars to clear. Once I got to the part with canon fire I abused it. Ran by with mount, and summoned army. Let army tank them in the kill zone while they got shot, and then if they were still alive used RW to freeze them in the kill zone. The Ogron are easy to tank inside it while you stand outside as well, and the impact makes them flinch.

The trash after the 2nd boss is the worst imo.

I mean I just face tank them :')))
    Was that on CM or mythic?

(I was asking because you did a lot of mythic dungeons according to your armory).
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-07-31 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Was that on CM or mythic?
    You're not facetanking that in CMs. Ever.
    Even at my gear level (only 700~ish) the difficulty difference between CM and Mythic is pretty huge; at 720+ I imagine that mythic feels like heroic.

I want to add a CM section to the spreadsheet, and for the sake of completeness add MoP CMs as well. The issue is I don't know which bosses were soloed; it would be great if someone could help Here's what I know of -

Scarlet Halls - The last boss (Flameweaver Koegler) was done.
    Scarlet Monastery - It was done with the ghost (even with a gold medal I think lol) but I won't count that of course.
    Temple of the Jade Serpent - No idea.
    Stormstout Brewery - All of it was soloable.
    Mogu'shan Palace - no idea
    Shado-pan Monastery - no idea
    Gate of the Setting Sun - The first boss (Saboteur Kip'tilak) was done.
    Siege of Niuzao Temple - All of it was soloable.
    Last edited by Ayrithiavia; 2015-07-31 at 11:50 PM.

If BoS hadn't been nerfed Twin Ogron would be a piece of cake. It requires ~64k DPS to beat the enrage I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Slink DK View Post
    Enfeebling Roar isnt avoidable and its stacks (250%-->500%-->750%-->1000%...) Increased Damage Taken.
    Enrage still wouldnt be a problem, even without 100% uptime, had some ~60% wipes to it.
    Roar has 20 yards range, but boss moves (fast) while casting, so I wasnt able to avoid it.

I had 150k wipe to Tectus today. Comparing earlier pulls I had to enrage. This one would have been kill, only if I would have been able to push Tectus to p2. I may get a mythic Zakuun weapon or trinket tomorrow, if we manage get him down. Going to give more pulls to Tectus tomorrow after raid. Streaming ofc!

That's pretty sweet. Makes me wish I had a guild to do mythic with for that gear, but still look forward to the actual kill video. SO MUCH HYPE!