Contemplating 1440P

Hello-

I am running an i2500K (thinking about an upgrade here, but haven't really needed to yet) and an r9 290X Tri-X. Would that be sufficient to power 1440P for games such as FFXIV, ESO, Fallout 4 at decent settings and FPS? I also dabble in Shadows of Mordor, Skyrim, the Arkham series, Elite, Marvel Heroes, Starcraft II, etc. etc. The main concern would be the first 3 games listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brautigan79 View Post
    Hello-

I am running an i2500K (thinking about an upgrade here, but haven't really needed to yet) and an r9 290X Tri-X. Would that be sufficient to power 1440P for games such as FFXIV, ESO, Fallout 4 at decent settings and FPS? I also dabble in Shadows of Mordor, Skyrim, the Arkham series, Elite, Marvel Heroes, Starcraft II, etc. etc. The main concern would be the first 3 games listed.
    I can't tell you if you have enough power or anything but I can tell you I played FF XIV on a 27" 1440p monitor and it was AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    I can't tell you if you have enough power or anything but I can tell you I played FF XIV on a 27" 1440p monitor and it was AMAZING.
    Ha - just egging me on! Which begs the natural follow-up question: Any favorite 1440p monitors? I am thinking 27".

GTX970 is totally fine for playing at 1440p. Not always at ultra but high should work for almost everything. And your 290X should be slightly faster than that.

27" 1440p monitor is totally awesome, but I switched to 25" model (Dell U2515H) because I couldn't fit two 27"s side by side on my desk.

Deleted
    The Dell U2515H is awesome, love it. Otherwise take a look at the BenQ GW2765HT for a 27".

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    The Dell U2515H is awesome, love it. Otherwise take a look at the BenQ GW2765HT for a 27".
    I opted for the BenQ and am extremely pleased thus far. I have only had it up and running for a few hours, but have been bouncing around a few games to check it out. I haven't run into noticeable lag to this point. The color depth on some games with a more robust palette is incredible (FFXIV, Ori & the Blind Forest as examples).

Deleted
    I think it would be sufficient. Go for it!