Thread: Lightbomb

Lightbomb

So,

maybe i dont understand the card, but can someone explain me what happend in my turn here when i used Lightbomb?

Why did the 2 Echoing Oozes and the Sludge Belcher die?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightbomb takes the attack value of all minions on the board, and inflicts that damage to them, so if you have minions with higher attack then health, they’ll all die.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Spellpower also affects lightbomb. Did he have any spellpower minions on the board? Otherwise no, the card alone and without any other things to modify it should not have killed the oozes or the sludge belcher.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Spellpower also affects lightbomb. Did he have any spellpower minions on the board? Otherwise no, the card alone and without any other things to modify it should not have killed the oozes or the sludge belcher.
    Abusive sergeant could've also been used on the Belcher before the Lightbomb, and 1 spellpower could account for the 3/4's death.
    It's really hard to explain from a screenshot that's cropped so hard, board state, previous plays would help a lot.

Seems to me that the sludges were buffed with Velen's, aka +2 spell power, so it did attack value +2 to all minions. Hence killing even the Belcher with 3/5 stats.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Seems to me that the sludges were buffed with Velen's, aka +2 spell power, so it did attack value +2 to all minions. Hence killing even the Belcher with 3/5 stats.
    Thx,ah well, guess thats it. Its because the Echoing Oozes had Velens buff. So it did +2 spellpower to all.

Just one of those unlogical things in Hearthstone one has to get used to it how they work i guess

Same like Blade Flurry benefits from spell power.

Honestly the cards should just do what they say!

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Thx,ah well, guess thats it. Its because the Echoing Oozes had Velens buff. So it did +2 spellpower to all.

Just one of those unlogical things in Hearthstone one has to get used to it how they work i guess

It's not illogical. Lightbomb is a spell that does damage equal to attack to all minions. Damage is calculated, then spellpower is added on top, like every other spell.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

It's not "unlocigal"... they are spells... obviously, they should benefit from spellpower.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

That's because it is a spell...so the cards are doing what they say. I think your confusion might come from thinking about them in WoW classification as opposed to the card mechanics. Blade Flurry in wow is just an ability that rogues have, is physical so you don't think 'spell'.

In hearthstone, everything classified as a spell says such and will be highlighted when it is buffed with spell power on the board. Any spells that cause damage will be increased by the amount of spell power buffing it. 2x poison on an assasin's blade with 2x sharpsword + malygos + blade flurry will give you nightmares if someone is ever lucky enough to set all of that up.
    BAD WOLF

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    he's right though. The card text could make it clearer that it benefit from spell power. It clearly say on spell like backstab deal *4* damage, if you happen to have +2 spell damage on board. But, nothing on the blade furry spell could hint the spell benefit the spell power. only experience can tell you.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    he's right though. The card text could make it clearer that it benefit from spell power. It clearly say on spell like backstab deal *4* damage, if you happen to have +2 spell damage on board. But, nothing on the blade furry spell could hint the spell benefit the spell power. only experience can tell you.
    Sorta, but that's not specifically what the poster was saying at all...at least not with the words they used. Because technically the card does exactly what it says. All cards like lightbomb and blade flurry have damage amounts dependent on other factors off of the card. The end result 'does exactly what the card says' if you will.

Now, could it be better communicated to you as the player if it drew the damage from the other sources and then listed it in addition to the description? Sure. A lot more complicated to program though, which is likely why it was left off.

Edit: Probably the most technically accurate and easiest to program would be to add a +spell power line to the card text. So instead of saying something like 'does damage of your weapon to all enemies' it would say 'does damage of your weapon +spellpoweramount to all enemies. I don't really think it needs to say 'does *7* damage to all enemies because then the card text doesn't explain what is going on.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    If you hover over a card that gives spell damage, it will highlight all the cards that do benefit from it. The lone exception is auchenai-modified healing spells, as those don't get converted to damage spell until they're actually casted.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760