Help a Noobie out <3

Hello! Before I get to my question I would like to introduce myself. My name is GBT_Hammerbeard as you can see, and I am the eSports Coordinator here at Gigabyte. I am new to this part of the forum, I am usually more around the heroes forum here at mmo champ so forgive my noobishness please.

And on to the question! I have been watching some of the hearthstone streams and now I really want to get into it! However, I have no idea of what deck I should play or even the differences between them. I do have some experience playing magic when I was younger and I have heard that the game is fairly similar. But I have no idea where I should start. Would you help a noobie out plz?

Thank you <3
    -Hammerbeard

10+ Year Old Account
    Jump in at the deep end like I did. Learn by trying and failing. Took me a few games before I decided to find out what the numbers on the corner of the cards meant .

Make a deck with a good curve and accept that you will hover around ranks 15-20 until you build up a base of essential cards that everyone uses. Grind through the Naxx adventure for some good cards like Sludge Belcher and that spider one that splits up. The Egg is also good in a Warlock deck for example. Argus was the first card I crafted for extra taunt power.

Watch the Trump Teachings videos on this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kjt...cbVjzHsnH9PjDX

They do a great job of explaining the fundamentals of the game, and they also give good starter decks for each class using only basic cards that feature each concept that is taught in the videos. He also includes upgrades that you can make to the decks as you level each class to 10. Trump wasn't given the most educational Hearthstone stream award last year for nothing.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2015-07-01 at 07:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13