Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hellfire Citadel Tips & Tricks

Credit for this post belongs to the contributors over at Ravenholdt. They've all done a really amazing job of combining all of the best rogue resources and getting it in one place.

If you see anything missing or if something is inaccurate just let me know and I'll update it. (Note: Trying to keep this pretty clean and not too much of a fire hose of information, so I'm not including things like what's kickable/stunnable unless there's some way to game a mechanic or exploit nerve strike)

Mechanics that still need confirmation outlined in red!

Hellfire Assault
    - Feint works on Shockwave.
    -*Feint & Cloak both reduce damage on Felfire Volley. Smokebomb will also prevent it from hitting targets outside the Smokebomb.
    - Feint & Cloak work on the Felfire Crusher's Burn.
    - Cloak prevents the damage & stun of Conducted Shock Pulse.

Iron Reaver
    - Cloak works on Barrage.
    - Cloak prevents damage from Immolation and removes previous stacks.
    - Cloak prevents damage from Blitz,but it still carries you with the boss.
    - Feint reduces damage from Artillery, and cloak fully reduces the damage as well as preventing the raidwide damage.
    - Feint reduces damage from Pounding.
    - Feint & Cloak reduces damage from Volatile Firebombs, cloak removes previous stacks.
    - Burst of Speed removes the snare from Fuel Streak.

Kormrok
    - Feint & Cloak reduce damage from Explosive Runes and Empowered Explosive Runes.
    - Feint & Cloak reduce the damage from Fel Outpouring & Empowered Fel Outpouring.
    - Feint will reduce the AOE portion of the damage from Grasping Hands.*
    - Killing Spree does not prevent you from getting caught in Grasping Hands, Dragging or Grasping.

Hellfire Council
    - Evasion works on Fel Rage.
    - Feint & Cloak reduce the damage from Felstorm.
    - Feint reduces the damage from Demolishing Leap.
    - Cloak does not remove the Mark of the Necromancer.
    - Cloak prevents the damage from Reap, but will still spawn the void zone.
    - Cloak & Feint reduce the damage from Wailing Horror.

Kilrogg Deadeye
    - Feint & Cloak reduce the damage from Death Throes.
    - Feint & Cloak reduce the damage of Fel Rupture. It doesn't prevent the Fel Corruption from applying.
    - Feint & cloak reduce the damage of Fel Flames.
    - Feint & cloak reduce teh damage of Cinder Breath.

Gorefiend
    - Cloak removes Touch of Doom and prevents the raidwide damage, and will not spawn the Doom Well. (8/26 Hotfix).
    - Cloak reduces the damage from Spirit Volley. Burst of Speed will remove the snare portion.
    - Cloak & Feint reduce damage from Shared Fate. Vanish/Burst of Speed do not clear the root.
    - Cloak & Feint reduce both portions of the damage from Unstable Soul.
    - Vanish clears the fixate from Hunger for Life.

Socrethar the Eternal
    - Feint & Cloak reduce the damage of Felblaze Charge.
    - Feint & Cloak reduce the damage of Apocalypse.
    - Cloak removes the debuffs Shadow Word: Agony & Gift of the Man'ari.
    - Cloak prevents the damage from Shadow Bolt Volley.
    - Feint reduces the damage from Reverberating Blow.

Tyrant Velhari
    - Cloak removes Touch of Harm, but doesn't prevent it from jumping to another player.
    - Cloak & Feint reduce the damage from Edict of Condemnation.
    - Cloak reduces the damage of Aura of Oppresion.
    - Cloak reduces the damage and immunes the knock-up feature of Searing Blaze. You need to delay the cast until the first pool that spawns under you would deal damage if you want to cover the entire duration.
    - Cloak does not remove Font of Corruption.*
    - Cloak prevents the damage of Tainted Shadows.
    - Cloak prevents damage from Despoiled Ground.
    - Vanish will drop Annhilating Strike.
    - Cloak & Feint reduce the damage of Gavel of the Tyrant, and cloak does prevent the knockup.

Shadow-Lord Iskar
    - Smokebomb will not prevent Fel Chakram from casting.
    - Cloak & Feint reduce the damage of Focused Blast.
    - Cloak removes Fel Fire.
    - You can remove Fel Bomb with Cloak. Can it remove Fel Bomb if you are the one with the real bomb?

Fel Lord Zakuun
    - Cloak does remove Befouled but only forces it to jump to another player.
    - Cloak and Feint reduce the damage of Wake of Destruction.*Does it still cause Unleashed Energy if you have Latent Energies? Need to test cloak immune as well as cloak resist.
    - Cloak does not remove Latent Energy.

Xhul'horac
    - Cloak removes Fel Surge. It will not spawn a Chaotic Felblaze.
    - Cloak does not seem to work on Singularity, however Feint does reduce the damage.
    - Cloak removes Shadowfel Annhilation.*
    - Cloak & Feint reduce damage from Overwhelming Chaos.

Mannoroth
    - Mark of Doom cannot be cloaked.
    - Cloak & Feint reduce the damage of Fel Hellfire.
    - Cloak & Feint reduce the damage of Fel Hellstorm.
    - The damage fromMannoroth's Gaze can be cloaked if you preemptively cast the cloak less than a second before the application (on the chance that he targets you). Presumably this would work for Empowered Mannoroth's Gaze as well. It will not remove the debuff if you cast it after you receive it. Feint will work to reduce the damage of soaking another players Gaze as well.*Does Feint reduce the damage and does Cloak prevent the snare inside Gazing Shadows?
    - Feint & Cloak reduce the damage of Empowered Felseeker.

Archimonde
    - Doomfire can be cloak immuned if you need to move through it, but if you already have the debuff you can't remove it. Only the Cloak Immune portion prevents the application, not the resist portion.
    - Cloak does not remove Nether Corruption.
    - Cloak does not remove the Light of the Naaru debuff and can be safely used while you have it.
    - Vanish drops the Shackled Torment debuff immediately, but still causes the raidwide damage.
    - Cloak removes the debuff left behind by Devour Life.*Does it immune the initial damage as well if you cast it before being hit?
    - Smoke Bomb will not prevent Shackled Torment from applying to the raid.
    Last edited by Graffin; 2015-08-28 at 06:36 PM.

You can smoke bomb on top of the Felcasters on Hellfire Assault to stop them from volleying the whole raid.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

Stickied for better visibility.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Graffin View Post
    Gorefiend
    - Cloak removes Touch of Doom but still spawns the Doom Well.*Does this still trigger the raidwide damage?
    No. I cloak debuff @ 3:19, and while the pool clipped a couple people, there appears to be zero raidwide damage.
    Edit: This is more conclusive. MoD cast on 3 people, only 2 raid ticks because I cloaked mine. Definitely prevents the raid damage.

Socrethar the Eternal
    - Does Feint reduce the damage from Reverberating Blow?
    Yes.
    Last edited by PessimiStick; 2015-07-02 at 03:21 PM.

On Fel Lord, Cloak makes you immune to the damage from the waves, but I believe if you have the fission debuff, it will still deal raid wide damage if you soak them.

Did not test it last night, but does vanish remove the artillery debuff on Iron Reaver? I doubt it does but worth a shot.

Fel Lord Zakuun
    - Cloak reduces the damage of Wake of Destruction.*Does it still cause Unleashed Energy if you have Latent Energies? Need to test cloak immune as well as cloak resist. Also does Feint work?
    - Does Cloak remove Latent Energy?
    - Feint works on Wake of Destruction. Unsure on Cloak/Unleashed interaction.
    - Cloak DOES NOT remove Latent Energy.

Proof.

Also on Kormrok, don't killing spree before he goes to a pool. I made a mistake in a PUG to killing spree and I ended up in the pool with him. Not very fun....
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

On fel lord zakuun, you can use smoke bomb when he casts caviation to prevent the waves that are directed at your ranged from this ability. I was a little too busy to pay attention to this when I was using smoke bomb, but my ranged guildies reported there were no waves. Someone might like to try this themselves to confirm. Pretty useful in the later stages of the fights if your guildies are blind when they have latent energy.

Pretty* certain on Kormrok that if you time killing spree (+BF toggle) correctly right before the hands come out, you will not be caught yourself and will be free to do significant burst damage on the rest of your raids' hands.

*I know I managed to not be caught twice last week but wasn't 100% sure if it was because of killing spree or some other ability.

I was doing a raid this evening, and when I dropped Smoke Bomb on Iskar, the chakrams went out everytime I did it. The previous night this was working fine. Anyone else noticing this? Was it hotfixed, or were people just standing on the boss during it?
    Last edited by Generical; 2015-07-07 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Generical View Post
    I was doing a raid these evening, and when I dropped Smoke Bomb on Iskar, the chakrams went out everytime I did it. The previous night this was working fine. Anyone else noticing this? Was it hotfixed, or were people just standing on the boss during it?
    It was hotfixed tonight.

Amazing post, thank you for this.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Deleted
    *Does the immunity portion of Killing Spree prevent you from getting caught in Grasping Hands?
    Don't think so.

Hellfire Council
    Does Fel Rage work with Combat Readiness (ie increase potency up to 50% dmg reduction)?

Quote Originally Posted by dnis View Post
    Hellfire Council
    Does Fel Rage work with Combat Readiness (ie increase potency up to 50% dmg reduction)?
    Should do since it's melee attacks. I tend to just Evasion it all.

Anyone else had a problem with not being able to use KS on Gorefiend after coming out of his belly? It doesn't happen every time, not sure under what conditions it starts happening.

(Sorry if it's the wrong thread to post it, wasn't sure if it deserved a separate thread.)

- - - Updated - - -

Another issue that I noticed was being brought out of stealth on Mannoroth and thus losing the use of Vanish almost all the time while running Shadow Focus (tested with Combat and Sub, same issue with both). So, as Sub, running Subterfuge+Glyph of Vanish was the only choice for that fight. (Only did that fight with T17 4pc, so not sure if anything is different with T18 2pc for example).
    Last edited by nordveien; 2015-07-13 at 09:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is a pretty sweet and handy topic, thank you very much. I will definitely forward this to our raid group on next wednesday!
    Last edited by Levifer; 2016-05-18 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nordveien View Post
    Anyone else had a problem with not being able to use KS on Gorefiend after coming out of his belly? It doesn't happen every time, not sure under what conditions it starts happening.
    Solution: Don't play Combat on Gorefiend since it's terrible.

Fel Lord Zakuun
    - Smokebomb prevents Cavitation from spawning*

Smokebomb does not appear to work on Cavitation anymore as of Tuesday.

yea and they bugged the boss because of it Blizzard fucking up things just cause a class can make range ignore a mechanic for like 1/4th of the fight