Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Butcher feels much more threatening than diablo

I understand that Diablo's a warrior and not intended to deal damage, but it seems a bit ironic that Butcher is so much more threatening than one of the "Prime Evils"
    Twas brillig

To be fair, when I played Diablo 1, Diablo was just "oh there's the end boss, that'll take some work".

But whenever I heard "AAHHH FRESH MEAT" I soiled myself.

Try killing him on a Rogue without using the door exploit some time :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Butcher was always more terrifying than Diablo

Diablo's like "yeah what up I'm going to roast you with fire" but Butcher was all "I'M GOING TO CARVE PIECES OFF YOU AND USE THEM TO MAKE SOMETHING MONSTROUS"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Honestly...that's not actually that uncommon in a Diablo game, heh. Ask any D2 player what they'd be more scared to face, one of the prime evils, or a boss pack of extra strong extra fast fanatacism aura'ed frenzytaurs or a group of conviction aura'ed gloams, and the vast majority of them would prefer fighting the prime evil no contest.

Deleted
    News just in:

Hero's should not be balanced to their roles, or balanced at all and have power based on their lore status.

For the record, diablo charging me, throwing me into his team, and having great ultimates is pretty threatening.

Diablo was kinda scary before the nerfs though... Not sure if he got any buffs/tweaks to make him better this patch or if he's still considered "okayish".

10+ Year Old Account
    If you see Butcher gunnin for you. You'll probably soil yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Diablo was kinda scary before the nerfs though... Not sure if he got any buffs/tweaks to make him better this patch or if he's still considered "okayish".
    Pretty sure he is still a 3rd tier champ after patch.

three things help against butcher

Cleanse.

Thunder Clap from Muradin, with reverberation.

and CC. Butcher cant do anything when CCd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    three things help against butcher

Cleanse.

Thunder Clap from Muradin, with reverberation.

and CC. Butcher cant do anything when CCd
    I loved playing against him as Uther. As soon as he'd charge or brand my teammate I'd HoJ him and we'd proceed to absolutely crush him. He's really not much of a threat if you have a team that knows when to focus on him.

Heroes are balanced not according to their lore powerlevels but to fit roles in the game. If it was the former, then no one would ever play anyone else besides the Lich King, Azmodan, Diablo, Illidan, and Kerrigan, since they are the most powerful characters in HotS from a lore standpoint.

Deleted
    I never played Diablo so I wonder if he looks like a comical cartoon character as well like in hots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I loved playing against him as Uther. As soon as he'd charge or brand my teammate I'd HoJ him and we'd proceed to absolutely crush him. He's really not much of a threat if you have a team that knows when to focus on him.
    Again, all these anecdotal victories against him read like they were shit players. The fact that you as Uther weren't one of his main focus alone shows that...depending on your comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I never played Diablo so I wonder if he looks like a comical cartoon character as well like in hots.
    He does not. HotS uses Starcraft's art style to blend the grotesque realisticness of Diablo and the over-the-top chunkyness of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I agree with you, I did the same on Rehgar, Cleansing whatever got stunned, and we demolished him as he seemed to overextend into our team

Diablo isn't completely un-threatening, I mean you really don't want to get near him so he can do his irritating-as-fuck flip/charge combo and bounce you off walls. Especially if you're a glassy hero.

Pretty much yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    He does not. HotS uses Starcraft's art style to blend the grotesque realisticness of Diablo and the over-the-top chunkyness of Warcraft.
    Um, no. He's a red cartoon dinosaur and always has been.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Again, all these anecdotal victories against him read like they were shit players. The fact that you as Uther weren't one of his main focus alone shows that...depending on your comp.
    Even if he did choose to focus me I'd just shield out and let my team have their way with him. He's really not hard to counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Um, no. He's a red cartoon dinosaur and always has been.
    Depends on the game. Does this like a red cartoon dinosaur?

http://industry.zerply.com/wp-conten...72848_orig.jpg

HoTS Diablo is original Diablo, not D3's She-ablo though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    HoTS Diablo is original Diablo, not D3's She-ablo though.
    I would love that she-ablo skin!

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo is lord of Terror so I think it somehow fit he isn't a brutal damage dealer, he is more about creating a paranoia and instiling fear into his enemies. He was always a manipulator more than anything.

In game, the only ability I don't like is his E. It seems to be very weak and not even worth using.

On this picture he is the Prime Evil, a combination of all evils, not only a Lord of Terror.

That being said, I love this design.