Fury Warrior Haste and Crit %

Hey folks,

I've been seeing / reading a lot about stat priorities that mostly look a lot like this:

Str > haste to 11% > crit to ~25% > Mastery > Haste to 18% > crit > multi > Haste (over 18%) > Versatility

Can someone please give me a definitive answer, do these stat % include raid buffs? i.e. If my haste is 6% pre-raid buff, but is 11% buffed, am I OK for the soft cap?

Same with crit, what should I be shooting for pre-raid buff. I'm currently at 21.16% unbuffed. Is that sufficient?

Understanding that HFC just released and I don't have all BiS, what should I be targeting from a stat perspective. Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aregone/simple

Should I reduce my haste, increase Mastery or increase crit? work to get to 18% mastery? What would you do?

Simcraft reforge plots.

Stat priority lists are guidelines at best and never take into account your actual gear composition, trinkets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    Simcraft reforge plots.

Stat priority lists are guidelines at best and never take into account your actual gear composition, trinkets, etc.
    Ummm, what?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allgar View Post
    Ummm, what?
    He means, there is no definitive answer and the only way to know how your character will react to stat changes is to run SimC and do reforge plots to see what happens when you trade one stat for another.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    He means, there is no definitive answer and the only way to know how your character will react to stat changes is to run SimC and do reforge plots to see what happens when you trade one stat for another.
    Fair enough, but it doesn't answer the original question, are these targets pre-buff or after buff... that in itself should be fairly easy to answer. The target 11% as a soft cap... is that actually 6% + buff or is it 11% base + buff...

I can understand if you don't want to get into the other stuff. I'm not a theory crafter myself and I don't sim. I usually read alot and follow the informed advice I get from informing myself, but I am still trying to figure out the baseline (or the current baseline as it were).

After buffs.

Edit: 11% haste is after buffs. Switching to mastery after 25% raid buffed crit seems totally wrong to me. Where did you get that list?

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    After buffs.

Edit: 11% haste is after buffs. Switching to mastery after 25% raid buffed crit seems totally wrong to me. Where did you get that list?
    Thanks apoe. The list I believe originates from icy-veins stat priority, however, I've also seen it mentioned in numerous posts here on MMOChamp. I'll see if I can pull them up. here is icy-veins page http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fury-wa...-stat-priority

Regardless, considering I can't get to a second breakpoint of haste, and given you believe Crit can continue to grow beyond ~25%, I could potentially give up some haste for crit. As an example I can equip Seal of the Savage Howl instead of Phosphorescent Seal.

I'll play around, but at least I know the basic amounts. Makes a big difference... pre-buff and after buff targets.

BTW, I know these are just guidelines and they really only work when using BiS and the right trinkets, etc. But in truth, at least it gives me a direction to go in.
    Last edited by allgar; 2015-07-06 at 08:41 PM.

From simming my char with T17M 4set, mastery was roughly equal to crit at ~30% raid buffed crit. Until then, crit was ahead of mastery. The 25% figure seems dubious to me but then again it could just be a case-by-case basis thing.

And for your situation, simcraft would tell you the answer. It's not hard to use at all... really useful if you get a higher ilvl item with worse itemization and you're not sure if it's an upgrade or not. Also, use the first ring.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-07-06 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks apoe. The list I believe originates from icy-veins stat priority, however, I've also seen it mentioned in numerous posts here on MMOChamp. I'll see if I can pull them up. here is icy-veins page http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fury-wa...-stat-priority

Regardless, considering I can't get to a second breakpoint of haste, and given you believe Crit can continue to grow beyond ~25%, I could potentially give up some haste for crit. As an example I can equip Seal of the Savage Howl instead of Phosphorescent Seal.

I'll play around, but at least I know the basic amounts. Makes a big difference... pre-buff and after buff targets.

BTW, I know these are just guidelines and they really only work when using BiS and the right trinkets, etc. But in truth, at least it gives me a direction to go in.
    Actually both this websites and icy-veins stat weights originated from the same place.

Thing about that second breakpoint for haste is that you will never actually gear for it. It's only listed for completionists sake. Because there is no (true) cap for Crit or Mastery, you'll never move to the "haste beyond 11%" mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Actually both this websites and icy-veins stat weights originated from the same place.

Thing about that second breakpoint for haste is that you will never actually gear for it. It's only listed for completionists sake. Because there is no (true) cap for Crit or Mastery, you'll never move to the "haste beyond 11%" mark.
    heh, yest Arch, I follow you here as well as there... always appreciate your analysis... So I got ya, keep haste around 11% or so, and stack crit and mastery... 10/4

heh, yest Arch, I follow you here as well as there... always appreciate your analysis... So I got ya, keep haste around 11% or so, and stack crit and mastery... 10/4
    You can afford to let haste go if you get worldbreakers though.

Im at like 30% crit, 32% mastery, 15% haste (Just gear & raid buffed), I use Mastery food so i'm usually a little higher than 32%. Just me, but I carry Crit/Haste/Mastery 125 food in case i switch out an item and need to switch.

Sorry for necroing, but one simple question (or just give me a link please, if i am beating a dead horse, thanks):

Where does this 11% Haste com from? I didnt play my warrior for a while, so...? Right now, i am sitting on my really shitty gear (ilvl660) and i simcrafted just for shits and giggles (patchwerk) and it told me to go Crit > Haste by far, and i am sitting on 4% haste right now (and no, i dont have the class trinket).

Thanks!
    Last edited by iddqd; 2015-09-04 at 12:28 PM.

It makes BT's CD 4 seconds, so you can use 2 inside your 8 second Enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
    It makes BT's CD 4 seconds, so you can use 2 inside your 8 second Enrage.
    Thank you kind sir

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey folks

How is it now with the crit cap. Icy veins says 30% with Tier 18 bonus. Is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by M1ndgr4ve View Post
    Hey folks

How is it now with the crit cap. Icy veins says 30% with Tier 18 bonus. Is this right?
    pretty much... as long as you stay within 25-30% crit you should be fine...

although with prepatch coming closer every day, i'd keep every piece of haste gear you can get your hands on