Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    At best maybe a title of the xpac but I doubt anything will be announced for wow. Besides, does it really matter anyways when most likely the xpac isnt going to be released until next year.

Deleted
    Is there some kind of chart of where blizzard made their announcements for expansions before? I always hear people call out gamescom and stuff but I believe they have yet made every announcement at their blizzcons?!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why would they blow the xpac 6 at Gamescom if they have their own Blizzcon?
    Because unless they skip any mention of Alpha and go straight into beta following an announcement at Blizzcon, we will have another 12+ month raid tier. If they announce it at Gamescom, they have 2 months of Alpha testing before hand.

Plain and simple, they can't afford to delay announcing the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Because unless they skip any mention of Alpha and go straight into beta following an announcement at Blizzcon, we will have another 12+ month raid tier. If they announce it at Gamescom, they have 2 months of Alpha testing before hand.

Plain and simple, they can't afford to delay announcing the expansion.
    Blizzard has stopped doing "alphas". They just do regular internal testing and beta now, because every time they've done alphas the client was leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Is there some kind of chart of where blizzard made their announcements for expansions before? I always hear people call out gamescom and stuff but I believe they have yet made every announcement at their blizzcons?!
    They have, but what they've done in the past matters little.
    If Gamescom is better for timing, they will announce at gamescom, Blizzcon doesn't need a wow expansion announcement to hold it up, especially not this year with Overwatch going into beta at the same time, Legacy of the Void rolling along, and Heroes and Hearthstone holding their own. Even if announced at Gamescom there will still be wow panels at Blizzcon (just like there are every other year when there isn't an expansion announcement).
    Last edited by Hitei; 2015-07-07 at 11:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Going with this one. Expansion announcement trailer at Gamescom. Details and Beta announcement at Blizzcon.
    This really needs to happen. If they just announce at Blizzcon and don't even have a playable beta (which let's be honest, we would have heard mutterings of a F&F by now if they were setting up for beta at Blizzcon) we're likely to have a 10-12 month 6.2, which with the abysmal lack of content in this expansion would be suicide.

Beta at Blizzcon would already mean WOD will likely be a 16-18 month expansion, which when you consider there's been a single content patch and not a lot of content to do at max level in either 6.0 or 6.2 is still even ludicrous. The best thing they can do is have the expansion out Q1 2016, or a meaty 6.3 patch the same as 5.3 was a meaty content patch.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    My guess: D3 expac and a
    smallish WoW 6.3 patch
    lol nope. no 6.3 here in wow
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001
    I find it interesting that WoW will be playable at GamesCon
    WoW has always been playable at Gamescom, no matter if new content was available or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    lol nope. no 6.3 here in wow
    6.3 will be the flying patch. Then WoD will have had 3 big patches!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaver View Post
    WoW has always been playable at Gamescom, no matter if new content was available or not.

- - - Updated - - -

6.3 will be the flying patch. Then WoD will have had 3 big patches!
    6.4 will be adding Farahlon ....In a candy crush style game! Match up the appexis crystals and conquer Draenor at home, at work at school anyway you desire!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Not saying it is even remotely likely to happen, but Blizzard has moved around raids before. If they wanted to do another raid this expansion to please the crowd, they wouldn't create a new one from scratch, they would move one of next expansion's raid instances down to this expansion which they already have done a lot of the work on.
    Yeah, I suppose that's possible. But I agree, ain't gonna happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They have, but what they've done in the past matters little.
    If Gamescom is better for timing, they will announce at gamescom, Blizzcon doesn't need a wow expansion announcement to hold it up, especially not this year with Overwatch going into beta at the same time, Legacy of the Void rolling along, and Heroes and Hearthstone holding their own. Even if announced at Gamescom there will still be wow panels at Blizzcon (just like there are every other year when there isn't an expansion announcement).
    I agree with your thoughts but I actually want to know: Where did blizzard announce their expansion previously? I am playing since release but well.. I wasn't the guy who would care for original sources back then so I got my information from localized websites. But for this discussion it's important to know: Did they really ever think of outside events as an instrument to announce their expansions? I actually believe they didn't ever. And they might just as well decide on any random date to announce it besides blizzcon. The calculated "gamescom value" is something fans made up?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    They have in the past. I don't know that they will in the future. Neither does anyone else. It's a classic case of "They've always done that so they'll always do that" which inevitably is going to be wrong someday.

I don't think they're going to do it at Gamescon though.

I have a pet theory that the cinematic announcement before Warlords was their way of seeing if that would work. If you look at the structure of that event it looks very much just like an expansion announcement would look. It has the advantages of their being able to do it whenever best suits them and they can control the size of the audience in a smaller venue. The gaming press would cover it the same way they cover Blizzcon and as a template for that sort of event it just works. Los Angeles has all of the theater and streaming facilities they need. And it's relatively cheap to rent a movie theater for a day. Just a theory though.

If they intend to do shorter expansions for real, they won't always be able to do it at Blizzcon. The math doesn't really work out for that. Lots of problems they need to solve to get to a new expansion once a year and announcing it eight months to a year in advance like they do now.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-07-08 at 12:39 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    Beta at Blizzcon!
    This would be my guess. Showcasing the 6.2.x patch at Gamescom, and possibly expansion 6 announcement, with some art spoilers or something, and then begin internal -> F&F Alpha testing, with Beta opening at Blizzcon. Probably best bet to have less content drought this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!