Help with Destro Arch Trinket

So I got the Arch trinket this past week, and I started out using this week. However, I feel like I can't keep stacks on targets and they keep letting them drop. If anybody has any tips for bosses on how to use it effectively, I would definitely appreciate it.

Yeah, it is a big pain to use. You generally shouldn't use it on any fight that requires constant target swapping or movement.

A week or so ago when I got the normal mode version of it, I did some testing and basically, if I chaos bolted a target with less than 3 stacks of the debuff on it, it was a dps loss compared to chaos bolting with the extra intellect from a different trinket. With the heroic or mythic version and some better gear though, you may only need 2 stacks of the debuff to break even.

You really want the Darkmoon Insignia trinket to pair with the Fragment, because it has a 20 second proc, instead of the 10 second procs of the BRF trinkets. Having a 20 second proc allows you to get more debuff stacks up before dumping your chaos bolts e.g. during your opener.

Standing closer to the boss helps keep the debuff up easier because it reduces the spell travel time of incinerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Moyga View Post
    You really want the Darkmoon Insignia trinket to pair with the Fragment, because it has a 20 second proc, instead of the 10 second procs of the BRF trinkets. Having a 20 second proc allows you to get more debuff stacks up before dumping your chaos bolts e.g. during your opener.
    or just precast and gain double trinketproccs(2x10s)

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    or just precast and gain double trinketproccs(2x10s)
    It's nice when it happens but unfortunately even if you pre-cast correctly it still doesn't guarantee double procs. It's pretty unreliable.

Deleted
    Killed 6 times archimonde normal, used all 6 of my bonus rolls on it. I ll came back when I ll get the fragment to share my thoughts....

But it seems that sometimes this trinket is a dps loss, I especially think about Archimonde and the constant movement / target switching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixcis View Post
    Killed 6 times archimonde normal, used all 6 of my bonus rolls on it. I ll came back when I ll get the fragment to share my thoughts....

But it seems that sometimes this trinket is a dps loss, I especially think about Archimonde and the constant movement / target switching.
    I can see how it could be a DPS loss when not used correctly but, with practice and a good UI to track the buff(debuff?) i am sure it is a considerable buff on the encounters you would play destro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    I can see how it could be a DPS loss when not used correctly but, with practice and a good UI to track the buff(debuff?) i am sure it is a considerable buff on the encounters you would play destro.
    Yeah one more thing to track ^^. I know it is a juge dps increase, that s why I used all my bonus rolls on archimonde so far.

How about affliction side of the trinket?? Any comments on how its working?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    How about affliction side of the trinket?? Any comments on how its working?
    You wont get more ticks with the trinket but instead, if you Cast Agony, it will tick faster and the periodic time is less. So if your Agony lasts 24 seconds, it lasts 4,32 (18%) secs less which means only 20~ seconds. BUT the dots are ticking faster. This happens to all dots.
    Last edited by mmoc2e5f81c6e9; 2015-07-08 at 07:33 PM.

I just got warforged normal version of the trinket. The tooltip says it's 4% per stack, but the debuff is still showing 3.4%. Anyone know which one is for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Calz View Post
    I just got warforged normal version of the trinket. The tooltip says it's 4% per stack, but the debuff is still showing 3.4%. Anyone know which one is for real?
    It's not actually 4%, it is just rounding since it doesn't show decimal places. I have the non-warforged normal version of the trinket and when my debuff is at 5 stacks it says 16%, yours says 17% so yours is increased, just not as much as it says. If you look at the heroic and mythic versions of the trinket, they both say 4% as well right now, but they are all different.

Not much of a margin increase between them all either whether you get Normal, Heroic, or Mythic.

How does this trinket work with FnB chaos bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by wein07 View Post
    How does this trinket work with FnB chaos bolts?
    It works with FnB spells.