Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    I remember making some early taunt cards for certain classes, seem quite balanced to me. Warlock and druids already have great early game taunts.




  2. #42
    Stood in the Fire Joycemiester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Warlock and druids already have great early game taunts.
    The taunts we need would be neutral.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    To be truly effective at early game they would need to have high health and you cannot target them with spells or hero powers.
    Very good point. Taunts with one or two mana that cannot be removed with hero powers or spells. Ace.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    We need more early game taunts for two and three mana to help counter the vast array of face decks.

    Here is one I like:

    The current taunts are much worse and so we rely on spells when what we want is to have some board presence.
    No, what we need are less minions, less neutral cards, more class cards, a greater variety of card types, and more variance in the types of effects cards have on the game. More early game taunts just feeds the aggro machine and the game is tiring enough as it is.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Spoonerisms seem to be the latest Twitch craze.
    You kidding? Spoonerisms have never NOT been fun.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    The taunts we need would be neutral.



    Very good point. Taunts with one or two mana that cannot be removed with hero powers or spells. Ace.
    So are you reading what you're typing or are you just talking out of your ass? Because I'm not sure what you take away from it unless it says "2/6 taunt cannot be targeted by spell or powers. Your hero takes 10 damage everytime this takes damage". Becvause other wise it's OP

  6. #46
    Warchief Mrbleedinggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    All Jalapeno Face
    Posts
    2,219
    What about a creature with Taunt, No target w/ spells/hero power, Cannot attack with either:

    2 attk/1 hp 1 mana
    3 attk/2 hp 2 mana

    Would that seem somewhat fair? Gives time by setting up a small bulwark that can still be killed fairly easily, but does stall at least one turn of damage?

    Oooh, another idea I had. Same restrictions (Taunt, non-targetable, cannot attack) with a



    0 attk/3-5 hp 2 mana



    At the start of every turn, heal for one hp. Only thing I can see being strong for that would be priest, admittedly. I tried to steer from healing to full like the gargoyle because you can just buff its hp up and it will never die without hard removal/silence.

    If that were the case, it could be a



    0 attk/6-12 hp 2 mana
    At the start of every turn, this minion loses 1 hp. This increases by one damage every two turns.
    Last edited by Mrbleedinggums; 2015-07-13 at 09:27 PM.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    What about a creature with Taunt, No target w/ spells/hero power, Cannot attack with either:

    2 attk/1 hp 1 mana
    3 attk/2 hp 2 mana

    Would that seem somewhat fair? Gives time by setting up a small bulwark that can still be killed fairly easily, but does stall at least one turn of damage?

    Oooh, another idea I had. Same restrictions (Taunt, non-targetable, cannot attack) with a



    0 attk/3-5 hp 2 mana



    At the start of every turn, heal for one hp. Only thing I can see being strong for that would be priest, admittedly. I tried to steer from healing to full like the gargoyle because you can just buff its hp up and it will never die without hard removal/silence.

    If that were the case, it could be a



    0 attk/6-12 hp 2 mana
    At the start of every turn, this minion loses 1 hp. This increases by one damage every two turns.
    Still no. So you want a 2/1 untargettable taunter for 1 mana when a voidwalker is a 1/3 taunt for 1? Why? If you guys hate rush so much make a warlock deck. Goldshire footman is a 1/2 taunt for 1, play that.

    I just don't get why people are freaking out over facehunter. It's almost phased out to a mid game hunter anyway because it loses to a lot of decks out there now.

  8. #48
    Warchief Mrbleedinggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    All Jalapeno Face
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    Still no. So you want a 2/1 untargettable taunter for 1 mana when a voidwalker is a 1/3 taunt for 1? Why? If you guys hate rush so much make a warlock deck. Goldshire footman is a 1/2 taunt for 1, play that.

    I just don't get why people are freaking out over facehunter. It's almost phased out to a mid game hunter anyway because it loses to a lot of decks out there now.
    2/1 for 1 is rather common, and having the taunt + no target gives it at least a +1 mana value. Ancient watcher is 2 mana for 4/5, but you need to have a taunt activator. That would give the 2/1 (or even 3/2) a +1 mana value & +1 card value. Goldshire, like many other low mana drops, were just recently considered better, but are still rather weak in constructed. It's not a matter of just facehunter for me, it's just something to put down as a "YOU SHALL NOT PASS". Honestly I preferred my 0/12 with an increasing bleed effect on it.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

  9. #49
    The problem is that some of you seem to be trying to create cards that are strong enough to stop the "god draw" from a face Hunter, which only really serves to create absurd cards.

    Sometimes you're just going to get run over by a good draw, it's just how card games are.

  10. #50
    Don't really understand what's wrong with the current taunt cards. Annoyatron and even watcher + sunfury are a bitch to deal with without a silence for a face hunter for example.

  11. #51
    Warchief Mrbleedinggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    All Jalapeno Face
    Posts
    2,219
    Guys. It's not just about face hunter. Yes, they're prominent, but take your nose off the grinder and see how it can affect the bigger picture. Thanks.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

  12. #52
    Its not the lack of early game taunts that is the issue but the fact there is a class that encourages a "to the face" style of gameplay. I mean if you look at the toolkit of a hunter between its hero power, weapons (good value if your not playing the board) and burst damage cards in the end all you need is a few charge/damage minions to finish off the opponent. Back in beta mages had this issue too where the cost of certain cards (ie pyro) encouraged a "to the face" style of play before the archetype got nerfed. If anything is going to be changed to discourage the to the face style of play and try to encourage hunters to play the board it will naturally be through class mechanics like changing the hero power or restricting the burst cards somehow.

    Still I highly doubt any of this would happen (although personally I would rather see the hunter power basically be a permanent Sargent where for 2 mana you can give 2 attack to any minion or hero on the board for the turn; this isnt to directly nerf the ability but to encourage more board play and more strategy) and in the next expansion there will probably be 1 or 2 tech cards to counter face hunters hard like they did with secrets this time around. Not only that but as much of an annoyance face hunters can be its good for the meta so it doesn't shift to a high control oriented version of it.

  13. #53
    This card is just worse than Robo Cub, and nobody plays that either...

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    2/1 for 1 is rather common, and having the taunt + no target gives it at least a +1 mana value. Ancient watcher is 2 mana for 4/5, but you need to have a taunt activator. That would give the 2/1 (or even 3/2) a +1 mana value & +1 card value. Goldshire, like many other low mana drops, were just recently considered better, but are still rather weak in constructed. It's not a matter of just facehunter for me, it's just something to put down as a "YOU SHALL NOT PASS". Honestly I preferred my 0/12 with an increasing bleed effect on it.
    You realize a 2/1 taunt with no target would just be played BY facehunter right? The stats are just stupidly good and I'm not quite sure how you didn't grasp that from my previous post.

  15. #55
    I still think something along the lines of Deathlord, but instead of putting a random card from enemy deck on board on death, you simply cannot attack with it.. So (2-3 mana)2-6 that would either need to get silenced, which could then attack back or you simply have to go through it.. which would probably destroy a fast face Hunter. Slower decks would simply not care till they get more power on board and Face decks wouldn't probably play it as it cannot attack face ;P

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I still think something along the lines of Deathlord, but instead of putting a random card from enemy deck on board on death, you simply cannot attack with it.. So (2-3 mana)2-6 that would either need to get silenced, which could then attack back or you simply have to go through it.. which would probably destroy a fast face Hunter. Slower decks would simply not care till they get more power on board and Face decks wouldn't probably play it as it cannot attack face ;P
    So we'd see a shift in meta from rush back to control again? People seem to forget that other than Murloc for the longest time this game was pretty much control. The new rush Paladin has changed it, facehunter is new (go ahead and say it's from beta again whoever said it, it's not) and people just want instant gratification. As it is, tempo mage already beats facehunter pretty easily and can go toe to toe with a lot of other decks. If you want a direct counter to one deck just play that.

  17. #57
    Blademaster Hayakain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Atlanta Ga
    Posts
    35
    Face Hunter is annoying, but certainly not unbeatable. Anything with 4 or more health on your side presents a problem on theirs, and if you've got aoe, removal isn't hard, their highest health creature is three. The biggest issue I think is that it's hard to draw bad with FH, because there aren't any minions above 4 mana, they're guaranteed board presence within two turns max.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Something like a 2/6 taunt for 3 mana with special of not being able to attack might work. That way if it gets silenced, it will be usefull anyways and against anything slower than aggro it won't do much anyways.
    Ooh yeah! Basically a beefier (in health) Ancient Watcher with Taunt.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •