Page 1 of 3
LastLast

House is being vandalized- what to do?

Well yeah i'll get straight to it.

A few days ago a few eggs got thrown at my house, okay whatever life goes on just some idiots. Now just moments ago a rock gets thrown through our front window. fucking great. I honestly have NO idea who or why anyone would do this (my brother if friends with people in our neighbourhood though he claims that he doesnt know anything about it either)

What the hell can i do ? call the police? i asked my mum and she said the police wont do shit which i personally believe is bulshit, that they cant do anything.

sorry as you can tell am i am in a really shit mood.

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post

A few days ago a few eggs got thrown at my house, okay whatever life goes on just some idiots. Now just moments ago a rock gets thrown through our front window. fucking great. I honestly have NO idea who or why anyone would do this (my brother if friends with people in our neighbourhood though he claims that he doesnt know anything about it either)

What the hell can i do ? call the police? i asked my mum and she said the police wont do shit which i personally believe is bulshit, that they cant do anything.

Sit on your roof with a paintball gun.
    Say what you have to say, not what you ought.
    Any truth is better than make-believe.

Possibly the best thing you could do is get something that can take pictures when set off by a sensor, to get picture proof, or actually sit outside waiting for it to happen if you notice a trend when they are doing it. The police will probably just take a report and not be able to help with much else.

I thought you were referring to Dr. Gregory House, anyway.
    Setup a camera (webcam) and record.
    Once you got the identity of the attacker, it's up to you what to do. You can either call the police or deal it yourself. It's probably just kids doing it so, involving the police might not be the best idea unless it is done by an adult.

If both incidents happened at roughly the same time of night I would suggest placing a webcam near a Window during that time of night for the next few weeks and hitting record.

Once you have video footage of the little punks press charges and who knows maybe if their parents have to pay for the repairs/court fee's they will actually start parenting and beat the little bastards.

LMAO, we had some decent wind not too long ago, and some trash blew into the yard. Well there was a LARGE Pizza box in the yard, pretty sure it was a neighbor down the street. Well, I'm not sticking a 3 FOOT +++ Pizza Box in MY TRASH, when it isn't my trash, and taking up space in my garbage can. So I threw it in the street. The next day.. it was in my yard again. Same thing the next day. So Finally.. I just threw it in the street AGAIN for the 3rd time. I said in a very loud voice as I was leaving. "It's not my trash, it's a GIANT box and I am NOT disposing of it."

When I came back from my trip it was gone.. fucking neighbors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Definitely notify authorities/police, set up cameras around the outside of your house to catch the vandals, hopefully it gets resolved
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

Create a fake ghetto ADT (or a home security provider near you) sign with word or w/e you use. Couple trial and errors you should get the right size. Use clear tape to water proof it and stick it in your yard, lol.

Not sure if it'll work or not, but in my mind, that is if I were a rock throwing criminal, I wouldn't do it to a house with a Home Security sign. Imo, the sign being there may put the fear of an alarm being sounded if they continue to break windows, or God forbid tried to break into your actual home.

Thats the cheap simple solution, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post

I wouldn't sweat it. It's just kids being stupid. I used to do the same thing when I was a kid. We'd use eggs, but we would also use corn. Because it makes alot of noise. A friend of mine and I would even fill up a garbage can lid with small rocks and bat them at people's houses. Like I said, it's just kids being stupid and thinking things are funnier than they actually are. Now that someone hit a rock through your window, it's doubtful they'll be back. It probably scared them just as much it did you.

Quote Originally Posted by baan View Post
    Sit on your roof with a paintball gun.
    I wish i could, i am too preoccupied with my final year of school and work though.

Deleted
    Had kids throw small paper/tape things filled with house paint at our house once (we also had guests over that night and hit their car aswell..)
    Luckly theres only 3 houses in the entire area that have kids that would do this (i live in a small summer vacation area theres others that have summer houses here but some live here all year)
    We found them easly and they got forced to clean it up with paint removal then cut our lawn and remove all the weeds (no not drugs) from our lawn aswell took them well over 5 hours just for 2 min of throwing those damn things on our house ofc the paint went off aswell.

Havent had a problem since then with them.

But yeah call the cops thats what i would do atleast.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2012-02-29 at 05:23 AM.

"childhood is throwing rocks at shit you shouldn't be throwing rocks at" ~Joel from Rooster Teeth
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I wouldn't sweat it. It's just kids being stupid. I used to do the same thing when I was a kid. We'd use eggs, but we would also use corn. Because it makes alot of noise. A friend of mine and I would even fill up a garbage can lid with small rocks and bat them at people's houses. Like I said, it's just kids being stupid and thinking things are funnier than they actually are. Now that someone hit a rock through your window, it's doubtful they'll be back. It probably scared them just as much it did you.
    Just kids being stupid? Sorry, kids are stupid to begin with. What they're doing (and what you did) is considered damaging personal property. Call the cops OP, get them in as much trouble as possible, and get your mom to make the parents of these kids pay for the damages. Or beat the ever-living shit out of them, one of the two. But getting put on record for this sort of thing is far more damaging. It's bull shit, they should NOT be able to get away with it, and do everything in your power to bring them to justice, either legally or in your own hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    [...] they will actually start parenting and beat the little bastards.
    This statement makes me sick and mad at the same time.
    If anybody should get a beating, it's parents beating their children.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Just kids being stupid? Sorry, kids are stupid to begin with. What they're doing (and what you did) is considered damaging personal property. Call the cops OP, get them in as much trouble as possible, and get your mom to make the parents of these kids pay for the damages. Or beat the ever-living shit out of them, one of the two. But getting put on record for this sort of thing is far more damaging. It's bull shit, they should NOT be able to get away with it, and do everything in your power to bring them to justice, either legally or in your own hands.
    Give me a break. Do you honestly think the cops are going to put any time at all into looking for these renegade rock throwers? No. They'll take down the info and go about their day.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2012-02-29 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yes, throw them all in jail, lmfao, come on man.

It makes more sense to educate our youth and tell them how what they did was wrong. Getting them into as much trouble as possible isn't doing a damn thing about teaching them a lesson. Teach them about honor and respect, that's what solves problems.

Its much better to be respected than feared.

Buy some "fake" security cameras that you can place out in obvious places in your yard. They are much cheaper, don't actually record anything, but looking convincingly real so anyone would be stupid to see it and still mess with your house.

when I was a kid we would just throw rocks through whatever window, there was no reason behind it. usually greenhouses or bigger windows were a target, but if we had mutually decided the homeowner was a paedophile (based on nothing usually) then they'd be a target. so there might not be a reason behind it at all

but, as an adult, if this was happening to me I would wait up for it to happen then chase them down with a claw hammer or baseball bat, but this is Scotland, not sure how well that would end up in the US

Quote Originally Posted by baan View Post
    Sit on your roof with a shotgun.
    Fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are in the UK, Police won't be able to do much, other than issue you with a crime number. If this is an ongoing issue generally several times (repeat victim), not just once or twice, the local beat team will/can be informed. The beat team, in my area work 8am - 10pm and NO LATER!

They can offer regular patrols of your area (by PC's and CSO's) which will be anything from once per hour to several times per hour.

If further extreme problems persist, a plain clothes operation can be put in place, however this requires something called a RIPA which is a pain in the arse and only done in EXTREME cases of youth nuisance. It is usually used for drugs/thefts/burglaries i.e. more serious crimes.

No fingerprints would be obtainable from a rock, SOCO/CSI would rarely be called to a smashed window unless it was done with a fist/hand/foot where blood/footprints were obtainable.

So unless you have seen the persons responsible and/or this happens more and more, then your mother is probably right, Police will not do anything/be able to do anything.
    Last edited by Jalfrezi; 2012-02-29 at 11:02 AM.