Grimoire of Sacrifice

Hi guys,

I recently main changed to Warlock from a Feral Druid and I'm loving the class a lot! It's a lot of fun and lots to monitor, even if Destruction is not my favourite spec. I had a few questions about GoS and would really appreciate some help on it:

• How does it work exactly? As in, should I cast it during my burst phase?
    • How exactly do I know which spell each pet gives and which one is best in each situation?
    • Is this optimal in all situations?

I've read a few guides both on here and on certain websites and despite that I can't seem to quite nail down how to optimally use this spell.

You should cast it before the fight starts. You then get a buff that lasts 60 minutes that increases your damage of the named spells. If you die then you need to redo it.

Best way to find out what pet gives is well to sacrifice them and check the Command Demon ability. The comments on this Wowhead page also lists them. I tend to run with Shadow Bulwark from Voidy for a personal cooldown however if we are failing on interrupts then I will change over to the Felhunter. Basically it just depends on what the group needs.

Is GoSac optimal? Or the pet you summon? Yeah GoSac goes with Charred Remains but you may need a certain number of tier pieces/stats/decent procs to rock those talents. Perhaps on a very high movement fight a pet may be better or if you are AoEing a lot but I personally have not come across this yet.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-07-08 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    You should cast it before the fight starts. You then get a buff that lasts 60 minutes that increases your damage of the named spells. If you die then you need to redo it.

Best way to find out what pet gives is well to sacrifice them and check the Command Demon ability. The comments on this Wowhead page also lists them. I tend to run with Shadow Bulwark from Voidy for a personal cooldown however if we are failing on interrupts then I will change over to the Felhunter. Basically it just depends on what the group needs.

Is GoSac optimal? Or the pet you summon? Yeah GoSac goes with Charred Remains but you may need a certain number of tier pieces/stats/decent procs to rock those talents. Perhaps on a very high movement fight a pet may be better or if you are AoEing a lot but I personally have not come across this yet.
    Thank you so much for your response. I understand better now.

In that case, what do you recommend going with for a newbie such as myself? Here is armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Vullz/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Chiranjivi View Post
    Thank you so much for your response. I understand better now.

In that case, what do you recommend going with for a newbie such as myself? Here is armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Vullz/simple
    That gear should be sufficient to run with Charred Remains/Grimoire of Sacrifice.

As spikeyshadow mentioned, you usually end up sacrificing the Voidwalker for Shadow Bulkwark. Occasionally the Felhunter for Spell Lock, depending on your raid really.