Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fire and Brimstone, keybind/ui/macro

How do you guys handle fire and brimstone?

Do you use the standard blizz key to toggle on/off?
    Do you have a /cast !Fire and Brimstone and a /cancelaura Fire and Brimstone keybind?
    Do you have modifier keybinds for every single spell that you can use FnB on? That's what I do now, does work pretty well, but eats keybinds like crazy.

Is there any other intuitive way to use FnB? I can't seem to find one. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    How do you guys handle fire and brimstone?

Do you use the standard blizz key to toggle on/off?
    Do you have a /cast !Fire and Brimstone and a /cancelaura Fire and Brimstone keybind?
    Do you have modifier keybinds for every single spell that you can use FnB on? That's what I do now, does work pretty well, but eats keybinds like crazy.

Is there any other intuitive way to use FnB? I can't seem to find one. Thanks in advance
    I just have it binded on my mouses extra button so i can toggle it with my thumb. Activating it is no problem but i had to set up a huge tellmewhen icon so i know when its on, or if it drops off because of low embers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranka View Post
    I just have it binded on my mouses extra button so i can toggle it with my thumb. Activating it is no problem but i had to set up a huge tellmewhen icon so i know when its on, or if it drops off because of low embers.
    Pretty much the same works for me!
    made by Shyama

Exact same as Ranka

#showtooltip
    /cancelaura Fire and Brimstone
    /cast Fire and Brimstone

Works pretty well for me.

I bind it on "E". Works great for me.

Keybound with a WA to remind me that it's on.

Shift+4 to turn it on/off
    Big bouncing bright green "AOE" weakaura for when it's active.

I do hate the way you are able to get yourself in to a situation where FnB is on but you have no embers so you have to manually turn it off to be able to cast anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    Shift+4 to turn it on/off
    Big bouncing bright green "AOE" weakaura for when it's active.

I do hate the way you are able to get yourself in to a situation where FnB is on but you have no embers so you have to manually turn it off to be able to cast anything.
    This most likely is a bug because it happens just "sometimes". Sometimes it toggles it off itself and lets you cast, sometimes it buggs out and you can't even cast anything.

The ideal behavior should be that if you had less than one ember, you should be able to fire incin and conflag off but without the aoe effect. Not sure if it was like that before or just turning it off instead of don't letting you cast anything.

Deleted
    So finding a convenient keybind and displaying the buff in a prominent place seems to be consensus. I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming

As for the no-ember situation; for me it always seems to disable FnB if I drop low on embers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast Fire and Brimstone
    How is that different from the way the spell works if pulled straight from the spellbook? I tried it ingame and couldn't find an advantage so far ._.

I think it happens if you land exactly on 0 embers with the cast of FnB. I'll see if I can notice it a bit more tonight @ raid.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /cast Fire and Brimstone

Next time, please replace your macro with the spell from the spellbook and tell us if there's a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use a huge Tell Me When Icon when it's active and I have it bound to F2 and I just toggle it off and on. I also have a huge TMW icon for burning rush as well and have a cancel burning rush aura on any of my spells with a cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Next time, please replace your macro with the spell from the spellbook and tell us if there's a difference.
    you do know that w/o macro FnB still has GCD delay, right? I think you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    How is that different from the way the spell works if pulled straight from the spellbook? I tried it ingame and couldn't find an advantage so far ._.
    Because there is a GCD without this macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this. You can cancel FnB while the GCD is triggered with this macro.

Deleted
    Pretty much this. You can cancel FnB while the GCD is triggered with this macro.
    Inasmuch? FnB has a seperate GCD - so you mean I'd be able to toggle it while skipping its GCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliath View Post
    Inasmuch? FnB has a seperate GCD - so you mean I'd be able to toggle it while skipping its GCD?
    You can cancel FnB while the GCD is triggered with this macro.
    Can't toggle it back on while waiting for the GCD, but you can cancel it.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No, i didn't know it, thanks for clarifying.

Deleted
    Can't toggle it back on while waiting for the GCD, but you can cancel it.
    wow, that´s fantastic! thanks for clearing it up.

Well I seem to be able to cancel it during its GCD without the macro as well. For me there is no difference at all between using the spellbook version or the macro.