Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    You can't get banned for using macros for your mouse/ keyboard. They only ban for automation; as long as it's you clicking the button (which then does whatever), you're ok. Plus they have no way of detecting this even if it was bannable. Therefore if you got banned and didn't use MH it's simply a false positive and can be easily appealed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Map hacks? o.O

Didn't know they existed. What advantages do they give people?
    Unobstructed view of the whole map.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Unobstructed view of the whole map.
    I suspected that to be honest. Some teams always knew where we were even though they didn't have tassadar, tyrande or stealthers etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Dunno. I have no performance issues playing wow in 64 bit.
    Maybe spend a bit and upgrade to a modern computer.

- - - Updated - - -

using the automated macro function of your keyboard is bannable.

Did you mean HotS? Because we are talking about HotS. A lot of people are having performance issues (Including me) with HotS. I am having memory leak problems from the game so I went to the forums and was told, by blizzard, to switch to the 32 bit client. My computer is more than capable of running any game 64 bit ultra settings, except HotS. It starts off using 2GB and the more I use it the higher it goes until it literally uses 8/8 GB of my RAM. So they told me to use the 32 bit client because it won't use more than 4GB.

I didn't get banned.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstrider View Post
    You can't get banned for using macros for your mouse/ keyboard. They only ban for automation; as long as it's you clicking the button (which then does whatever), you're ok. Plus they have no way of detecting this even if it was bannable. Therefore if you got banned and didn't use MH it's simply a false positive and can be easily appealed.
    No, but that might lead to false bans. It's a kinda grey area. Third party program doing something for you in game.

So they are banning people for the 32bit client now? Ridiculous.
    Their replay viewer is using the 32bit client, BTW.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2015-07-09 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No, he was just asking if that could be a reason. A lot of people use the 32 bit client and haven't been banned. I use 32 bit and I'm not banned.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

No they're banning people who are map hacking, but some people that aren't guilty of it got caught in the crossfire.

You should be able to get unbanned by submitting a ticket if you aren't guilty of map hacking
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No. Here are some things why people think they got banned (which is not the case)

- I lagged in games, maybe i got banned because of it
    - I am using 32bit client!
    - I spotted some novas/zeratuls in stealth, maybe they reported me for maphacking

Also people saying that they did nothing and got banned must have done something. Maybe you didn't know you were doing something that was bad, but there is something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    No. Here are some things why people think they got banned (which is not the case)

- I lagged in games, maybe i got banned because of it
    - I am using 32bit client!
    - I spotted some novas/zeratuls in stealth, maybe they reported me for maphacking

Also people saying that they did nothing and got banned must have done something. Maybe you didn't know you were doing something that was bad, but there is something.
    I just hate that they need to be so vague with the reasoning. I understand why they do it but I still hate it.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Deleted
    I love these threads

Deleted
    I got a new one. I got banned for not playing the game. installed the game back when it was released, played a couple of matches. decided it wasn't for me and moved on. got the email telling me I was banned, thought it was a joke cause its been months. loaded up and tried to log in only for it to be confirmed legit...

Irony is I kinda wanna play an ai match now

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Map hacks? o.O

Didn't know they existed. What advantages do they give people?
    Vision of everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I thought these bans went out for the rampant maphacks that were going on as of recent?

Seen a lot of people using them honestly, I wonder how they'd detect such a thing without using some form of malware as apparently these exploits are rooted as far back as SC2 with the engine.
    Let me introduce you to Warden https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warden_%28software%29

On the topic of hacks, I have played since technical alpha and I haven't even once seen someone that I'd accuse of hacking. Some people are just better than others at prediction and map awareness.

Deleted
    https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...the_first_ban/

Major Edit

"The Asus Xonar Driver is hooking into soundrelated dlls used by HotS. Meaning if you have been banned this has been the cause."

I have an Asus Xonar sound card ... I'm really hoping this is the reason why this has happened. I guess it makes sense too, since Warden would have thought it was a hacking program.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    (2) I use a macro on my G405 logitech mouse software to spam left clicks (useful for curbing gaming related athritis when spamming markers on the minimap). http://i.imgur.com/fUDyFGJ.png
    [
    Anyone spamming pings should be banned, imho.

Any automation is a breach of ToS, it's kinda like driving at 40 in a 30 zone, they dont usually care but its still illegal

15+ Year Old Account
    As most say appeal it.

As for the comments I feel its funny if someone from WoW mention they got wrongfully banned all the assumption is that he did something wrong and it was his fault. Here its like people are more calm and says what it is you should be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstrider View Post
    All that is officialy stated is that as long as one physical action on your end corresponds to only one allowable action in the game, you're fine. Also, they can detect it. Rapid-clicking by holding in a button using software such as Logitech Gaming Software is detected because it's an inhuman pattern. No human can repeatedly click with exactly .025 seconds between each click.

Also, don't fucking spam pings. Please.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2015-07-10 at 11:34 AM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawmac View Post
    Any automation is a breach of ToS, it's kinda like driving at 40 in a 30 zone, they dont usually care but its still illegal
    He's still pressing the button, he simply replaced the position to the keyboard. It's a whole other thing if he used it to afk. But if playing was all he did, not ban able. Let's ban everyone with a razer naga or modifier mouse..
    I have bonded multiple keybinds to my mouse, obviously it doesn't have it own key, so I use keys that are on the keyboard already and simply use them on the mouse.

It's simply vice versa what OP did. Took keys from the mouse to the keyboard. If you're gonna get banned for this, might bann most dedicated players aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    All that is officialy stated is that as long as one physical action on your end corresponds to only one allowable action in the game, you're fine. Also, they can detect it. Rapid-clicking by holding in a button using software such as Logitech Gaming Software is detected because it's an inhuman pattern. No human can repeatedly click with exactly .025 seconds between each click.

Also, don't fucking spam pings. Please.
    I don't think that's was OP is doing. He's.. Got both right and left click on a button. He's still pressing the button. Hey ban everyone that uses shift and a button on their mouses. I have certain abilities that automatically press shift and a button and that's no way against tos