Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Boomkin Faerie Dragon

Hey, now that I had a bit of time with T18 2P, couple questions came up I hope people know answers to:

1. Can bosses target them with abilities? I noticed some HFC trash (specifically the leap in the first hallway) was targeting them at times. Not too fun.

2. Do they spawn from DoT damage as well, or just initial application of MF/SF?

3. What, if any stats do they inherit?

4. How many attacks do they usually make in their life. Does Haste affect that? If it does, what would be the breakpoints for additional attacks on Haste?

Hey, so from my understanding they are currently bugged and able to be targeted and die, this is a bug with a fix on the way.
    They spawn from dot ticks not application.
    They should be dynamically scaled with your stats, I could be wrong here though.
    Finally i'm not sure on the breakpoints if they have one, you shouldn't be itemizing for the dragons though.

1 - not sure yet

2- they spawn from the initial hit and over time

3- they can crit and multistrike not sure about haste

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Yes. Bugged and can be hit by boss AoE. Fix incoming.

2. Both periodic ticks and initial damage can spawn the dragons.

3. They benefit from your haste (more attacks) crit & multistrike (their attacks can crit & multi) spellpower damage buffs (such as Incarnation) they don't appear to benefit from Mastery.

4. Yes haste effects it. Don't know breakpoints. My Dragons were getting between 6 and 16 casts depending on trinket/lust

So couple more thoughts:

/petattack seems to affect them. Do you think it'd be beneficial macroing that into spells to reduce idle time as much as possible, or is forget and fire AI good enough. I never have used treants, so I am not sure if that wouldn't just interrupt them.

Secondly, their cast time seems to be 2 seconds for Fey Missile. Does that mean they should get 15 missiles out on each spawn, or is that not happening because they don't chain cast. They have a .5 GCD, so I'd expect it not to be an issue outside of movement. With that said, it seems if cast time gets reduced by .13 seconds (not sure how much haste that'd require for them) we'd get an additional cast. That would be very marginal gain though. However, if 6 casts or so is the base, the increase in damage (since more than one can be up) may be worth hitting certain breakpoints for Haste, wouldn't it? (Not sacrificing ilvl of course).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktan View Post
    So couple more thoughts:

/petattack seems to affect them. Do you think it'd be beneficial macroing that into spells to reduce idle time as much as possible, or is forget and fire AI good enough. I never have used treants, so I am not sure if that wouldn't just interrupt them.

Secondly, their cast time seems to be 2 seconds for Fey Missile. Does that mean they should get 15 missiles out on each spawn, or is that not happening because they don't chain cast. They have a .5 GCD, so I'd expect it not to be an issue outside of movement. With that said, it seems if cast time gets reduced by .13 seconds (not sure how much haste that'd require for them) we'd get an additional cast. That would be very marginal gain though. However, if 6 casts or so is the base, the increase in damage (since more than one can be up) may be worth hitting certain breakpoints for Haste, wouldn't it? (Not sacrificing ilvl of course).
    The issue with Treants is that they're melee. When you swap targets the treant stops attacking and has to run to the new target, introducing significant downtime. Dragons are ranged, so they swap targets more smoothly, but petattack may cause them to stop casting to swap targets, introducing downtime. Fire & forget AI is sufficient.

I was looking at Iron Reaver logs, which is a fight confirmed to kill dragons with AoE. Let me see if I can find a better example.

Looking at Kormrok logs, the minimum for my haste appears to be 11. I also had one get 19(!) casts off.
    Last edited by Alame; 2015-07-10 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    The issue with Treants is that they're melee. When you swap targets the treant stops attacking and has to run to the new target, introducing significant downtime. Dragons are ranged, so they swap targets more smoothly, but petattack may cause them to stop casting to swap targets, introducing downtime. Fire & forget AI is sufficient.

I was looking at Iron Reaver logs, which is a fight confirmed to kill dragons with AoE. Let me see if I can find a better example.
    Only Feral and Guardian Treants are melee. Resto cast Healing Touch, Balance spam Wrath.

AFAIR, pets do interrupt casts when you order them to attack a new target, though.

Also, the dragons have 90% AoE reduction now, so they shouldn't be dying much unless something targets them directly. They don't stealth when you do, though, which can be really annoying.

2. Both periodic ticks and initial damage can spawn the dragons.
    They don't proc from direct damage, its trivial to test this on a dummy because the set bonus is RPPM: if it procced from both you would get 1 dragon instantly when you cast Moonfire but you don't.

That said, again its RPPM so it really doesn't matter what it does or doesn't proc off of. It could very well just say "You summon Faerie Dragons to assist you in battle for 30 sec. (Approximately 2.0 procs per minute)" and it would tell you way more about how the set bonus actually works than the current one which is vague at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktan View Post
    There are no breakpoints because the delay is random. It does scale with haste, but not linearly which makes the whole thing even more obscured: even if the delay isn't random enough to completely nullify the breakpoints you would have to record a truly massive amount of data to have a good idea of how much haste is needed for various numbers of casts.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-07-10 at 07:18 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    I tryed to control my dragons with macros as

#showtooltipp starsurge
    /cast starsurge
    /petattack [focus, exists, harm, nodead][]

(imagine the "at" symbol befor "focus" .. when I write this I am not allowed to submit my reply cause I have not enough posts.. )

on all my casts.

My logs (09 .07, Dokq, warcraftlogs) from xhulhorac say /petattack does nothing (they target what I attack it seems). Focus target was xhul. Plus, they interrupt their casts "sometimes", i don't know why, maybe their target has died / out of range???

on Council they interrupt also very often, without getting out of range or target death. (but I'm not sure if I had set focus, I believe yes, but I'm not sure)

Is my macro wrong? Or any other solutions?

Just remove it. There's no real point to it.

I had my dragon's taking Fel Lords waves xD

Anybody else noticing that the dragons seem to have a different missile animation now?

I didn't play the druid yet this reset, but during a Kazzak kill on an alt it looked like it's still the swirly while missile as before?

For me it went in a decreasing circle around the mob earlier today, but now it just randomly swirls around while moving in the general direction of the enemy. It also seems to be significantly bigger.

I do like the new one better than the old, though.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For me it went in a decreasing circle around the mob earlier today, but now it just randomly swirls around while moving in the general direction of the enemy. It also seems to be significantly bigger.

I do like the new one better than the old, though.
    Yep, giant sparkle sperm now.

Looking at Kormrok logs, the minimum for my haste appears to be 11. I also had one get 19(!) casts off.
    way to prove you know nothing about force of nature.

Deleted
    Do you spawn more faerie dragons if you have multiple targets dotted, or do you already reach max spawnchance when you have one target dotted with sunfire+moonfire?

Deleted
    They will spawn alot faster but it wont affect the max cap

Quote Originally Posted by Virzi View Post
    They will spawn alot faster but it wont affect the max cap
    What is the max cap?

Deleted
    I want to ask something else. So far from what i have seen the spawn rate is not rppm or it is possible to double dip from multistrike huts on dots. I was checking my logs and comparing it to another moonkin in our guild that was getting more spawns and around 2 times mire dmg from drakes than me. The only reasonable explanation is multistrike. We have similar dots uptime and maintain. And he has around 2 times more multistrike.
    What do you think about it