Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arena Skirmishes Bonus Event, July 10 Hotfixes, Blue Tweets, Tyrant Velhari Video

Reforging Items, Rift Monsters Focused Feedback, Hammerdin GR 57+

More Cryptic News - Champions: Answering the Call of Those who Require Aid

Reverted Bans, ESL Major League Prize Increased, Heroes on Twitch

Mythic Hellfire Citadel Progression
    Method and Paragon remained at 12/13 today. You can keep up with the latest progress on WoWProgress, our forum thread, and Manaflask.

Arena Skirmishes Bonus Event July 10 – 13
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Service Update July 10, 12:05 p.m. PDT - We are aware of an issue preventing the quest The Arena Calls from properly displaying your number of wins. Arena Skirmish wins are being correctly counted, and you will be able to complete the quest after your tenth win.

Through the end of the day on Monday, Arena Skirmishes award triple bonus honor. There’s never been a better time to queue up for the Arena and crack some skulls. Keep an eye out for the event-only quest The Arena Calls. When you win 10 Arena matches, the quest awards 500 Conquest Points which do not count against your weekly Conquest Point maximum.

In case you’ve never participated in an Arena Skirmish, here’s an easy how-to guide:
    • From anywhere in-game, open the Group Finder (default hotkey: i)
    • Select the Player vs. Player tab on the bottom of the window.
    • Under Arena Battles, choose either 2v2 or 3v3.
    • Click the Join Battle button to be matched up with teammates.

It’s Arena PvP! Rush in and bash your opponents.

Will you answer the call to battle?

Patch 6.2 Hotfixes - July 10
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Creatures and NPCs
    Tanaan Jungle
    • Savage Whale Shark should now drop 2 Fel-Corrupted Apexis Fragments once a day for players on the eligible quest.
    • Varyx the Damned no longer requires the beams to be blocked to start the encounter.

Quests
    Darkmoon Faire

Raids and Dungeons
    Hellfire Citadel
    General
    • [Requires a realm restart] Sargerei Adjutant's Consuming Pain ability now deals 30% less damage.
    • [Requires a realm restart] Construct Peacekeeper's Protocol: Crowd Control ability now deals 30% less damage.
    • [Requires a realm restart] Sargerei Soul Cleaver's Devouring Spirit now scales with raid size.
    Archimonde
    • Archimonde's Doomfire now deals 40% less damage on Mythic difficulty.
    • Hand of Purity now reduces the damage of Doomfire by 40% (down from 80%). Damage reduction against other abilities remain unchanged.
    • Shadowfel Burst should no longer sometimes cause the player to be ineligible for Shadowfel Burst.
    • Fixed an issue where players that were in the Twisting Nether when Archimonde is defeated would not see the cinematic.
    • Fixed an issue where players that leave the Twisting Nether could be unable to target players that didn't enter into the Twisting Nether with them.
    Timewalking
    • Completing a Timewalking bonus event quest (A Frozen Path through Time and A Burning Path through Time) will now award a normal Iron Fleet Treasure Chest in addition to a Seal of Inevitable Fate.

Items

Classes
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Frost
    • Fixed an issue with Blood of the North that could cause Death Runes to incorrectly revert back into Blood Runes.

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    General
    • Seal of Righteousness should no longer sometimes deal more damage than intended.
    Holy
    • [Hotfix in testing] Denounce now causes 20% less damage.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    Thanks for making Ashran impossible for people who play at night.
    Definitely concerned about the off peak experience. (holinka)

Lore
    And if Warlocks can control/manipulate souls, which are undead, to haunt people, then they are technically practicing necromancy..
    I suppose that depends on your definition of necromancy, and it's ok to have your own. Control of souls vs. raising soulless UD. (Muffinus)
    Not really...necromancy extends to controlling souls/ghosts/banshees and Gul'dan used a variation of the Soulstone ability to
    I don't think I'm going to convince you, nor should I Cool to see someone so passionate about their toon! (Muffinus)

abilities are non-canon?
    Of course you use souls, you have soul shards. You dont use them to raise the dead though. (Muffinus)

Reputation / Questing
    You guys really need to change how you get credit for events. Dying when it was 5sec away from being completed and missing out suck
    Totally agree. Will work on fixing. (holinka)

Mythic Tyrant Velhari Kill Video
    Method has released their Mythic Tyrant Velhari kill video.

How exactly will Fel-Corrupted Apexis Fragments be easier to obtain? They only come from rares, treasures, and those random chests. I guess more from chests and rares? The chests already usually give 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    How exactly will Fel-Corrupted Apexis Fragments be easier to obtain? They only come from rares, treasures, and those random chests. I guess more from chests and rares? The chests already usually give 3...
    increased spawn rate on those chests and rares drop more than one?

Its super easy to do that quest alrdy even on high pop realms. Just go to the deathtalon spawning zone and run around u find those little shards that give from like 1-3 fragments, quest done in 5 mins xD

The little shards are the equivalent of chests, but since they're not "supiciously glowing", players tend not to notice them.

Varyx the Damned no longer requires the beams to be blocked to start the encounter.
    Ah, the "man fuck this shit" solution.

Stupid question (from someone who hasn't PvP'ed for years) but what's the difference between Arena Skirmishes and normal Arena?

I thought Skirmish were random queue'd arena battles, but the forums are full of tears from people trying to do this weekend quest and claiming that they're getting rolled hard by organized teams?

10+ Year Old Account
    When you can't be bothered to fix it, you simply remove it..

Let's relate that to this expansion:
    "Classes are unbalanced." -> "Where did all of my abilities go?"
    "We want more content!" -> "There is literally nothing to do outside of raiding."
    "Bring back world PvP!" -> "I have absolutely no reason to leave my garrison."

/sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Ah, the "man fuck this shit" solution.
    Pretty much ... those bugged/flaky/whatever beams are pretty messed up though

I don't think the whale shark dropping two is going to make that suddenly viable each day. The fact that, and I keep hoping everyday that this will change, the shipyard equipment blueprints are not account wide is the only reason you can still get a group to kill that stupid thing. that will end soon though ...
    Last edited by zrankfappa; 2015-07-11 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Getting 10 a day is easy: go to Fangrila and do the 3 x challenges in the Challenger Arena there. You can even find groups for it (search for 'Rumble' in Premades). Killing the 3 NPCs gets you most of your Fel-Corrupted Apexis Fragments for the day. I always start there, then do the rest of my Tanaan dailies and 10 x Fel-Corrupted Apexis Fragments is so easy.

I'm waiting for the hotfix that says the legendary no longer requires anything to do with the godawful ship shit.

All this pushing for arena skirmish, seems like they are trying to get people away from ashran to avoid people moaning about queues

On another note, Muffinus needs to look up the definition of necromancy because yes, what warlocks do with souls does in fact count as necromancy.

Fel-Corrupted Apexis Fragments should now be slightly easier to obtain.

In what way? Would've been nice with a clarification. On a high level realm I still don't see any chests or shards around the bonus objective areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Duneczan View Post
    On another note, Muffinus needs to look up the definition of necromancy because yes, what warlocks do with souls does in fact count as necromancy.

Last i checked, it was all still fiction and creative license regarding definitions of fictional constructs like "necromancy" is perfectly fine. The moment necromancy becomes fact, you can resume quibbling over definitions.... I'll be busy with prep for the ensuing zombie apocalypse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Fel-Corrupted Apexis Fragments should now be slightly easier to obtain.

In what way? Would've been nice with a clarification. On a high level realm I still don't see any chests or shards around the bonus objective areas.
    Well there's a cave north from HFC, it's full of chests (you just have to run through once, to know where they are).

it looks horrible

You say they appeared as if they were magically released. How about following the San Diego Comic Con.

500 conquest points for 10 arena wins..

something is wrong here..

10+ Year Old Account
    That orc just looks like an ugly human with big teeth. Looks like Metzen had a hand in designing his orc husbandos once again.