Unhappy How to Even Break into PvP? Help!

So I booted up WoW to actually play for first time in a week just for the PvP event. Logged onto my warrior, picked up the win 10 matches quest, put on my best armor and gear (I don't have any WoD pvp gear, at all) - but that's okay, right? Because everyone doing skirmishes is like me and is trying to get geared, won't they? - slotted the talents and glyphs as suggested by Icyveins for PvP, and was set to go! Doing good right? I don't have any friends who PvP in WoW, so I popped open the Group Finder and selected the Arena Skirmishes category, and... there were no groups. Alrighty; queued up for Arena Skirmishes by myself.

An hour and (I am not kidding) over a dozen and a half losses later, I still have yet even win. Once. Not even a lockbox. Surely if I was that bad, I would not have earned my Vicious War Steed as I did way back in MoP? Or I would at least have been matched with other people as "bad" as me? Nope. Everyone else is geared, and since I'm a warrior, I'm the first to die. Within seconds.

How the hell am I supposed to even win 10 @#$%ing unranked matches for 500 @#$%ing conquest points if I can't even as much as win a single match? How am I supposed to get the most basic PvP gear in the expansion if I can't even win a match to buy it?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2015-07-13 at 02:23 AM.

Go into ashran, hope your faction is winning, farm for 4 hours and get a full set of ilevel 710 (in pvp) gear. then start arena, because gear is so easy to get now, everyone and their aunty has a full set, so you're going in with a 40 item level per item disadvantage, and no matter how skilled you might be, it's a pretty big penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    Go into ashran, hope your faction is winning, farm for 4 hours and get a full set of ilevel 710 (in pvp) gear. then start arena, because gear is so easy to get now, everyone and their aunty has a full set, so you're going in with a 40 item level per item disadvantage, and no matter how skilled you might be, it's a pretty big penalty.
    Why should I spend several weeks of grinding unenjoyable content (that will be - under your exact same reasoning - be disadvantageous because "everyone and their aunty has a full set" anyways) when I want to do the starter tier that the developers themselves - Blizzard Entertainment - is promoting this weekend for people like me who don't have a set at all? The logic does not add up.

I've been doing them in full pve gear without even a trinket and nearly at my ten wins after just about an hour.
    Its not that difficult.
    Pvp in this game is terrible anyway though. If you only want to play it once in a while don't waste your time.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

So, either you're the most unlucky person ever, the most unskilled person ever, or just a liar.

I did skirmishes on 2 of my own alts and I fought pretty much only people with last seasons gear (And even questing gear is scaled upto that ilvl now). Yeah sure, once every blue moon you get an unwinnable game with a terrible partner vs a premade duo, but those are exceptions. Mostly it's 4 people in outdated gear being thrown into random teams.

What is the ilvl of your gear? if you are below the min ilvl it wont scale up to 690. I believe the min is 560 for it to scale up. Also keep in mind gear has been obtainable for a few weeks now. The closest to everyone being equal gear would have been the day 6.2 came out. I know I had 3 full sets of honor gear withen a few days on alts.

Another thing to keep in mind is the bonus is additional conquest so everyone who pvp's would be disadvantaging themselves to not do this for the additional conquest. Had I remembered this I probably would have waited and purchased a chest piece instead of wrists but o well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    So, either you're the most unlucky person ever, the most unskilled person ever, or just a liar.
    Did you even look at my profile that I linked in the OP?

Did it with full PvE gear (706 ilvl or so) and the biggest problems I had were a few people who queued as a team with well working 2s comps and full gear with some ridiculous burst or heal pala + *insert random class and spec* and people actually not joinign at all elaving me alone.
    Still was finished rather quickly because killing stuff felt rather easy and even some random guys with gear were most of the time not that much of a problem.

I was reminded though why I avoided pvp for so long this expansion.

Did it pretty early, so don't know if right now really only full geared people do this, but I had a pretty mixed set and most of my mates had no insaenly good pvp gear either. Also had situations were my mate died instantly but I could still win because they were rather low by the time they killed him and simply died to me with no burst left on their side.
    Also unequipped the medallion for gold ol scabbard as soon as I saw it being scaled to 690 and giving me 2,7k strength to smash people to bitsas it was such a mess most of the time that I really didn't get the feeling that the trinket would helped much.

Also got quite a few loses but overall it was done rather quickly but can't say that it was enjoyable or that it looked like a good environment to get going for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Did you even look at my profile that I linked in the OP?
    I did. What does that have to do with what I said?

All your gear scales to 690 in skirmishes. Same ilvl as last seasons epic pvp gear.

So either you faced only people that allready had this seasons gear or were a premade, and you're incredibly unlucky.
    Or you faced random people in outdated gear like yours and you still lost every game, so you're incredibly bad.
    Or you just lost 2 skirmishes and decided to whine.

So, like I said: Unlucky, bad or a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    I did. What does that have to do with what I said?

All your gear scales to 690 in skirmishes. Same ilvl as last seasons epic pvp gear.

So either you faced only people that allready had this seasons gear or were a premade, and you're incredibly unlucky.
    Or you faced random people in outdated gear like yours and you still lost every game, so you're incredibly bad.
    Or you just lost 2 skirmishes and decided to whine.

So, like I said: Unlucky, bad or a liar.
    to be fair with the holiday event, skims is really just unranked 2s atm that are try harding. Just doing both 2s cap and skims quest today, the skims where actually harder competition.

Deleted
    You can get a full blue set of pvp gear in a day in ashran. Its not hard at all. And i play horde EU

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Why should I spend several weeks of grinding unenjoyable content (that will be - under your exact same reasoning - be disadvantageous because "everyone and their aunty has a full set" anyways) when I want to do the starter tier that the developers themselves - Blizzard Entertainment - is promoting this weekend for people like me who don't have a set at all? The logic does not add up.
    *Squint*

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    Doesn't take weeks to farm content, yes it sucks, but it takes no time at all if you're winning, you'll get honor, and boxes, with the STARTER TIER gear

Spent a couple hours getting nuked by the ranged AoE zerg in Ashran; got two pieces (three if you include a duplicate of what I was already wearing) and some gold to pay my some of my repir bills with. Still got roflstomped (again, as the primary target - even when they went for the mage and she ice blocked, then came for me while they waited for her CD to pop - in the 4 2s and the '3 I queued for afterwards. Bailed after that and played HotS for the rest of the day (where I actually won 50% of the time).

Perhaps I'll have better luck with the BGs weekend in a couple weeks.

Where did the fun in WoW PvP go? At least in MoP, you could easily get a crafted PvP set to break into unranked PvP with. WoD? Nope.

Gear scales to 690 minimum in instanced pvp now. I will sound like a dick, but this is probably a player skill problem. Most of the people in skirmishes are not fully geared yet, they are also doing it for honor points.

If you are doing 2s double DPS as a warrior, you will also lose most of your games. Get a healer from trade chat and queue together.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-07-13 at 03:18 AM.

Here's the Good, the Not So Bad and the Ugly about Mercenary Mode. Basically it's the truth.
    https://youtu.be/pP_cc0kZZss

Deleted
    step 1) Be Alliance
    step 2) Ashran/bgs for honor gear and do your 10 games per week to cap conquest points
    step 2.5) get conquest points gear
    step 3) pwn some newbs