Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Touch of the Void - incredibly OP

Got that trinket from one of these rare garrison missions and tested it out on my level 64 healer shaman.

This thing is incredibly broken. Activating that trinket on a boss fight I'm topping dps by a country mile AS HEALER not even casting any damage spells. It did 44k damage in 16 seconds on its own, I didn't even casted one flame shock.

Yea it's kinda fun doing that. But how is a new player supposed to learn how to play in dungeons if we, old players just roflstomp them like that?

Heirlooms in nearly all possible slots was OP enough. We don't need items that can essentially solo a dungeon boss on their own!

I'd gladly sacrifice that OPness for 30% experience bonus. Make leveling faster but not complete LFR faceroll.

It is absolutely OP but cannot be used in raids.

Honestly 5-mans while leveling are a joke these days anyways, so I don't really care about a trinket being OP while doing them. And I can tell by leveling with friends new to the game that even when you're not using heirlooms and doing it "the right way" they'll still not learn anything before hitting max level because everything dies too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I'd gladly sacrifice that OPness for 30% experience bonus. Make leveling faster but not complete LFR faceroll.
    ??? You're not sacrificing any EXP boost though. There are no trinkets that give EXP bonuses.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ??? You're not sacrificing any EXP boost though. There are no trinkets that give EXP bonuses.
    Errrr ... The post you quoted is saying that they'd rather have 30% XP bonus instead of being OP.

Deleted
    Anyone tried this in mythic dungs btw? I know doesnt work in raids but 5 man mythic? Havent tried myself yet

Got that trinket from one of these rare garrison missions and tested it out on my level 64 healer shaman.

This thing is incredibly broken. Activating that trinket on a boss fight I'm topping dps by a country mile AS HEALER not even casting any damage spells. It did 44k damage in 16 seconds on its own, I didn't even casted one flame shock.

Yea it's kinda fun doing that. But how is a new player supposed to learn how to play in dungeons if we, old players just roflstomp them like that?

Heirlooms in nearly all possible slots was OP enough. We don't need items that can essentially solo a dungeon boss on their own!

this is the dumbest reason ive ever heard to nerf something. What do new players learn in dungeons now? Compare old dungeons to knew ones. Theres very little mechanics to deal with, bosses drop really fast as it is. the only thing new players learn is "if i pull for the tank he and the healer will save me".

the item needs to stay how it is. its fantastic for solo play both leveling and at 100. when im not in a raid i have had this thing equipped instead of my normal trinket.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Dungeons are easy, for the most part. With heirlooms, especially that trinket, they become a free ticket to 100. The only difficulty comes from Blizzard's incredibly, INCREDIBLY sloppy job at squishing.

One example is the broad range of Sunder Armor debuffs that reduce your armor by a stupid amount, which leaves you with zero armor. There are attack power debuffs that leave you with a fifth of your original attack power (Demoralizing Shout in Hellfire Ramparts), or leave you with no attack power at all (Gravity Strike in Blackrock Caverns). I was taken aback when my stamina was reduced by 500 at one point, removing about 30000 health from me. As a tank, I only had 38000 health.

These didn't act that way before the squish, and almost all of these are untelegraphed attacks that debilitate you far harder than they should. As someone in full looms it's not a big deal, but what about the minority of groups that have nobody with heirlooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    this is the dumbest reason ive ever heard to nerf something. What do new players learn in dungeons now? Compare old dungeons to knew ones. Theres very little mechanics to deal with, bosses drop really fast as it is. the only thing new players learn is "if i pull for the tank he and the healer will save me".
    And this people, is the kind of player that complains that max level players don't know what they're doing. And when they tell him "But when should I learn then"
    The answer always is "go to levelling dungeons".

The circle continues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    And this people, is the kind of player that complains that max level players don't know what they're doing. And when they tell him "But when should I learn then"

The circle continues.
    That doesn't seem like something he'd say, at all.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree, this thing is ridiculously OP. When a single trinket is doing over 25% of the damage on a dungeon boss... Yeah.

Nerf the damage, maybe add in a slight stat boost or xp boost to compensate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Disclaimer: *Soon* is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment. *Soon* may not actually occur soon. *Soon* will occur sometime between right now and the heat death of the universe...probably... We COULD make *Soon* occur sooner, but it would cost you a raid tier.

Anyone tried this in mythic dungs btw? I know doesnt work in raids but 5 man mythic? Havent tried myself yet
    Tried in a Challenge Mode and it didn't work, but I'll go check mythic as well just in case.

OT: Yes, this trinket is completely nuts, to the point where (if it was useable in raids), it would be BiS for pretty much every melee in the game(as in, better than mythic HFC trinkets)

EDIT: It does work in mythic dungeons.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2015-07-14 at 01:40 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadoworx View Post
    Dungeons are easy, for the most part. With heirlooms, especially that trinket, they become a free ticket to 100. The only difficulty comes from Blizzard's incredibly, INCREDIBLY sloppy job at squishing.

One example is the broad range of Sunder Armor debuffs that reduce your armor by a stupid amount, which leaves you with zero armor. There are attack power debuffs that leave you with a fifth of your original attack power (Demoralizing Shout in Hellfire Ramparts), or leave you with no attack power at all (Gravity Strike in Blackrock Caverns). I was taken aback when my stamina was reduced by 500 at one point, removing about 30000 health from me. As a tank, I only had 38000 health.

These didn't act that way before the squish, and almost all of these are untelegraphed attacks that debilitate you far harder than they should. As someone in full looms it's not a big deal, but what about the minority of groups that have nobody with heirlooms?
    Yeh I've noticed plenty of unsquished sunder armor debuffs in dungeons as well, as I've leveled all classes that could tank in a tanking spec in dungeons. One stack taking away 500 armor when I have 340 armor in total? Yeah, that seems balanced...not? Or these flat stam debuffs you pointed out.

Other than that, leveling process as a whole seems moot nowadays. Everything is a faceroll and even level 100 content is faceroll with a few notable exceptions (raiding, mythic dungeons in appropriate ilvl, chall modes, PG wave 30+ etc). Might as well skip the grind and create level 100 characters with 600 ilvl gear, like on that Molten WoW pure PvP server. Saves you some boring grind.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-07-14 at 02:01 PM.

I got this trinket "Oh neat...Versatility.." learned it and that was about it until I just read this. I just lvled a mage through dungeons from 40-90 this past weekend. Woops, wish I had taken a better look at it....

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post

The circle continues.
    They'd actually probably point them to one of the many third party websites that have been around since this games inception to learn. Or just tell them they suck and should uninstall.

Just tested this in tanaan on my pally, prox pulled the 4 pathing mobs near HFC entrance and popped trinket. It did 34.7k dps without me pressing a button. Very interesting.

Deleted
    As long as it can't be used in current expansion raids it is NOT OP. Doesn't matter if it adds 100k dps to you while doing casual content.

5 mans are already a faceroll, this just makes it more tolerabel, and fun! It can't be used where it really matters, raids, so I don't see the problem honestly.

Anyone tried this in a Timewalking dungeon ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    yup #1 damage on bosses (playing arms with smourne)