Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Real homie View Post
    I wouldn't call January relevant but okay.
    What, I would've loved killing bombs more if I did it in October? No need for personal digs at progression.

More to the point, what's so interesting or well designed about Blackfuse?
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2015-07-21 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    No... He just was on the assembly line, that wasn't the fun part.
    I found the belt to be the most fun part (as feral and hunter). It really let you take advantage of a lot of utility spells, and since the DPS window is short and it's just you and a few players on the belt the things you do made a bigger difference than usual, something I miss from raiding 10-man HC in Cata. An excellent player really stands out on the belt, more than on any other fight.

Klaxxi was also a really good fight, but my memory tells me it was kinda buggy. It's the same as the Gunship from DS. I would have loved that fight on HC but stuff like invisible fire ruined it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    What, I would've loved killing bombs more if I did it in October? No need for personal digs at progression.
    Yeah. There's a reason people who progressed on it at a cutting edge level (september-november 2013) think highly of the encounter.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mmar-best-boss

Not just that thread but overall people felt the encounter was one of the better designed ones.

Heroic Paragons of the klaxxi had way too many bugs that weren't fixed until weeks/months after release to be considered the best boss in soo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real homie View Post
    Yeah. There's a reason people who progressed on it at a cutting edge level (september-november 2013) think highly of the encounter.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mmar-best-boss

Not just that thread but overall people felt the encounter was one of the better designed ones.

Heroic Paragons of the klaxxi had way too many bugs that weren't fixed until weeks/months after release to be considered the best boss in soo.
    I killed Siegecrafter in early November, wasn't the best fight as a Frost DK. Spec Chillblains and spam Howling Blast summed it up for me, was definitely a bit tight on dps early on though.

Paragons was a shit fight, there were more bugs (no pun intended) than almost all of the bugs in BwD on Cata launch. My guild had about 200 total wipes, about 60 of them were to the fight completely breaking. Not to discredit it, it was by far the hardest fight in there on the proper setting (25hc).

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Lich King would have literally taken thousands of attempts if he wasn't a limited attempts boss. The world first happened with the 5% buff, and it was one day before the 10% buff came out. And that was with many weeks of extra gear.

If top guilds were allowed to face smash against him, they'd have put in thousands of attempts before they had the gear to kill him. Overtuned? Maybe maybe not, I'm not here to debate that. Just saying the fight was ridiculous.
    You should really put "i think" in front of your statements if you can't prove they are factual because this is 100% false. During the post progression interview Paragon firmly stated that they could have killed it without the 5% buff if it had not been for the 50 attempt lockout. They had the strategy and enough gear they just didn't have enough attempts to perfect everything. Lich King was a difficult fight but the only reason it didn't die sooner was because of the attempt lockout. It was TIGHTLY tuned but not overtuned and if they had unlimited attempts Paragon would have killed it "pre-nerf" (according to them).

PS. In case your only rebuttal is "oh yeah where's the proof?" here's the link to the article as well as the quote from Paragons Interview on their website:

http://www.paragon.fi/articles/hard-...ecrown-citadel

"The 5% buff did make the encounter a lot easier, but it wasn’t impossible with 25-man gear before it. From our point of view it would have been good if Blizzard didn’t implement the buff as we would have been able to do it anyway. Considering only 2 guilds still have killed him (at the time I'm writing this) he would be impossible for guilds who only do 10-man content so we feel it’s only natural that both the 10-man and the 25-man encounters got nerfed (in a way)."

As some people have already stated, there are many different opinions on what factors in to what justifies a "hard" boss. Mechanics? Attempts? Life Span?

Personally i think mechanics should be the #1 factor in how hard a boss is as attempts and "Time Alive" can be influenced by outside factors like gating, limited attempts etc. Mechanically speaking I would say Lich King and Lei Shen were the 2 most difficult bosses. I leave Yogg-Saron out of this list because a Shaman Cleansing Totem trivialized all the debuffs that COULD have made this fight very very challenging. If you weren't able to drop the totem and instantly get rid of 3 out of the 4 nasty debuffs it would have added an extra dynamic to the fight. Also Warlocks were broken for that fight.

There are 2 reasons i do not believe Heroic Ragnaros should be considered one of the hardest bosses:
    1). The phase 3 burn was overtuned to the point it forced guilds to underheal the fight (3 healers). I do not believe blizzard intended for a heroic 25 player fight (especially an end boss) to be 3 healed while "under geared". I could be wrong but i think this was poor tuning on blizzards part that made the fight much more challenging than it needed to be.
    2). The triangle stack strat for Phase 4. Years later blizzard openly admitted that the triangle strat in Phase 4 was never supposed to be a thing. Ideally blizzard expected the raid group to coordinate running in and out of the frost patch on the ground to clear your debuff, not stacking in a triangle on the corners so everyone could turret the boss. However it would not be fair to alter the mechanic and make the fight mor dificult after Paragon and Method had killed the fight using it. So once again a poor oversight by blizzard that degrades teh integrity of the fight.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2015-07-21 at 02:28 PM.