View Poll Results: Is Horse Racing a sport?

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • Yes

9 52.94%
  • No

8 47.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    If you don't think it's a sport... or physically exerting to ride a horse, especially a race horse, then all I can do is lol at you.

Controlling a horse isn't easy. It takes tons and tons of practice and even getting used to that particular horse and learning to read it's body language and what it's limits are.
    thats actually a really fantastic point too...the rider really has to build a strong relationship with the horse. Dare I say, Team Sport?

My father had a really great Arabian (horse) growing up that he was so in tune with that riding her was very intuitive for both of them, hed just apply light pressure with his legs to turn her. rarely rode her with a saddle either ha

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    it is cruel.
    Confirmed, at least from my experience. I saw so many horses beaten and whipped when they were nearing the end of their careers or didn't perform. I'll never forget, the guy I was racing for down in New Zealand had a horse in the Wellington Cup. Before the race the horse bucked violently in the pit, almost knocking the jockey off (sweet girl) and the entire crowd watched awkwardly on. For the owner it was complete embarrassment.

After the race he whipped the hell out of that horse once it was back in the paddock. After that we loaded the truck went back to his farm, and he shotgunned it between the eyes. Fucking horrible.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2015-07-24 at 06:26 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I think any competition is considered a sport, some just require more skills.

it's a sport for the horses, haha, but no way no how is sport racing a sport
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    it's a sport for the horses, haha, but no way no how is sport racing a sport
    Riding a horse is not like sitting in a car.

Of course it's a sport, it's very physically demanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    No I wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is a sport, and (at least in the US), the allegations of cruelty are highly exaggerated. Race horses are investments, and are extremely well treated and provided with top quality veterinary care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I don't even know the name of the horse that won it this year. No, i don't consider it a sport.
    American Pharoah, intentionally (as far as I know) misspelled.