Page 1 of 106
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Dark Prophet Leak on 4chan and reddit

boards.4chan.org/v/thread/302933547

It got deleted on reddit rather quickly.

Zul and Azshara are the main villains.

After the last defeat Zul has asked Rastakhan for more support, but Rastakhan has lost the confidence in Zul and refuses support. In a big coup, Zul has Rastakhan assassinated and assumes control of the Zandalari.

The Zandalari trolls ally with the naga, whose goal it is to flood the continents and raise the ocean level.

The big focus of the expansion will be on night elves and trolls, with Malfurion and Vol'jin being the main heroes.

This is Vo'jin's big opportunity to prove himself as the warchief of the Horde.

A big emphasis will be on Vol'jin's loyalty to the Horde, despite the opportunity to be part of a newly risen troll empire. His story will be about resisting the temptation to join the Zandalari and stay with his family.

This is the South Seas expansion that so many players want.

New class will be Shadowstalker.

Trolls, Blood Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Forsaken, Humans, Dwarves, Worgen, Night Elves and Gnomes will be able to be this class.

The class will be a ranged class that uses bows, crossbows and guns, and it will have a heavier focus on magic attacks.

Specs are Dark Ranger, Spirit Mending and Shadow Hunter. Dark Ranger and Shadow Hunter are dps specs and Spirit Mending is a healing spec.

New Shadowstalkers will start at level 1, but players who buy The Dark Prophet will be able to create 1 Shadowstalker character at level 100.

New levelcap will be 110.

The expansion will have 8 zones.

The Valarian Depths, Zandalar, Kul Tiras, Kezan, Tel'Abim, Plunder Isle, The Rift and Broken Isles.

The two starting zones will be The Valarian Depths and Zandalar.

The Valarian Depths are an underwater zone with naga, similar to Vashj'ir, but smaller. It serves as the intro to the storyline revolving around the naga. The story in this zone deals with Ozumat and the kidnapped Neptulon.

Zandalar used to be the capital of the Zandalari, before it was destroyed in the Cataclysm. This zone is completely ruined. Players will get here and figure out what happened to the trolls, and what they are up to.

After the starting zone players in each zone will board a ship that will lead them to either Kul Tiras for the Alliance or Kezan for the Horde. These zones will serve as the capitals for the factions, Players will get their own ship here, which they will use to travel around the islands. Around the capitals there will also be some questing.

Tel'Abim is a tropical paradise. A group of peaceful trolls, the Sunspear tribe, live here. The zone is mostly light-hearted. Players have to help the Sunspear tribe against a new pygmy-like race that is giving them trouble.

Plunder Isle is a pirate island. Here people can recruit pirates for their crew.

The Rift will be the first of two endgame zones. Here lies the naga city of Nazjatar.

The Broken Isles are a group of islands, and it is the second endgame zone, that is overrun by a mix of troll and naga forces. Here the naga and trolls are going through the ruins of the Tomb of Sargeras in search for powerful artifacts. The Tomb of Sargeras will be a dungeon.

Players will not only be able to travel with their ship from island to island, but also be able to explore the open seas and hidden islands. They will be able to recruit a crew of pirates. Depending on what pirates you pick, they will contribute in different ways to your ship. For example you can get a cook for your ship, which will unlock exclusive cooking recipes and who will be able to cook for you. Other pirates might contribute with different abilities, like professions or as a barber on your ship, or by offering rare quests.

Blizzard returns to creating multiple dungeons per zone. Expect about 2-3 dungeons in most zones.
    Last edited by mmoc1ae458630b; 2015-07-18 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shipyard.... South Seas... Trolls were missing in WoD. OH GOD IT'S TRUE. THERE'S NO WAY THIS CAN BE FAKE.
    Hey

For a change, I like this "leak".

To be honest, I find that time between current expansion's last tier and official reveal of the following expansion quite interesting. I guess no matter what the state of this game is, I just like to read about it.

Deleted
    Oh another leak, let the hilarity commence.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    For a change, I like this "leak".

To be honest, I find that time between current expansion's last tier and official reveal of the following expansion quite interesting. I guess no matter what the state of this game is, I just like to read about it.
    It certainly brings out the creativity in people. I just wish they would stop insisting that they're posting a leak.

Nope. No this "The Dark Prophet" trademark pending. This thread is -false-.
    http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/

This leak is FAKE and SPAM.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2015-07-18 at 05:44 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

What relevance would Shadowstalker even have? Just seems random and unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What relevance would Shadowstalker even have? Just seems random and unnecessary.
    Don't trolls have a shadowy-stalkery thing going for them. idk. People seem to really want a shadow-hunter/stalker/whatever these days.
    Hey

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It certainly brings out the creativity in people. I just wish they would stop insisting that they're posting a leak.
    When the goal is fabricated controversy or attention, "my personal speculation" doesn't quite produce the same results

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Trolls. Tencharactersispointless.exe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Focus on trolls and Horde lore. Sounds good.
    Somebody mentioned that on the 4chan thread.

Thing that makes this believable is that it will focus on the Horde.

Fucking Metzen his boner for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Trolls. Tencharactersispointless.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmancer View Post
    Don't trolls have a shadowy-stalkery thing going for them. idk. People seem to really want a shadow-hunter/stalker/whatever these days.

Yes, but it just feels like a hunter and rogue mix. It's like adding necromancers even though we already have warlocks and death knights. I mean, I'd like if unholy DKs were made more necromancery, but adding a necromancer now would feel obsolete. Same for this random shadowstalker thing. Its roles are already taken by existing classes.

The only really innovative class idea that doesn't rely on roles already filled by existing classes and that wouldn't feel obsolete that I have heard of is the Tinker class idea. And trust me, I'm not even a huge fan of it.

Deleted
    Can somebody maybe copy the text here? It's hard from the device I'm on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst 'leak' yet. Shadowstalker is waaaaay too tryhardy.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    I like this one better than "Army of Light", but both are complete bogus either way.

Army of the Light and this, hmm, of the two I actually prefer this.

This one sounds like a feezeable leak, even if its probably another fake.

Theres alot about it that doesnt scream obnoxious self-inflated speculation since it seems like a natural direction for the game to go.

We'll see.

Deleted
    it's from Geheimnis

that's the guy that leaked WoD on these very forums

just saying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    it's from Geheimnis

just saying
    Could just be someone posing as him, couldn't it? Doesn't really mean much I'd think.
    Hey

The one thing that sealed this as fake to me, once again, is the attention to detail. Leaks this early on DO NOT EVER have this much detail, maybe in about 2 months we will start seeing actual detailed leaks, but not now. To top all of it off, as far as I can tell Valarian Depths is just made up horseshit on the spot, which makes no sense at all for the Naga when you consider all the zones we know they inhabit but aren't presented here. It is just complete horse shit.

Also: Just because someone leaked it on 4chan doesn't mean it is true, I could post a thread right now, on /v/, with my avatar calling out the next expac as Dark Below and you shits would believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    it's from Geheimnis

just saying
    You do know what that word means right? It means Secret. If the person actually wanted me to believe, he would post under the same username on MMOChampion on the account he already has. It isn't really him/is an imposter until I see that post.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2015-07-18 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it sounds awesome, I just beat Assassins creed black flag and would love to actually be able to sail in WoW. Hopefully you could have ship battles as well, that would be a nice change of pace. But would the engine be able to support it?

Also I saw no mention of Yrel, grom, or Gul'dan. Soooooo ?