Poll: Would you want this?

Garrisons - a missed opportunity

Personal item displays!

-Weapon racks, display cases, mannequins, shelving, hooks, etc to show off all your favorite items in your Garrison.

Check these pictures out. This is from WoTLK era, in many of Dalaran's stores.

The idea:

There should be a Garrison Trophy Room or at the least some area(s) throughout the buildings where you have the option to display your personal possessions, such as Weapons, Armor, Toys, and Items, just like how the Archaeology displays are. Each item could display its item-link upon hover-over and maybe even things like its age (how long you've owned it)

-A 'Skin-rug area' for the time you slayed that rare-spawn beast, for your Inn.

-Some 'Racks' and "Target Dummies" for your trustworthy old Armor/Weapons, inside your Barracks.

-'Shelving' for your Toys, in your Pet Menagerie.

-'Trophy Mantles' along various walls, for displaying your Legacy and Feats of Strength (as little medals/statues).

-etc

Pros:

-Yet another reason to farm old content: "Gotta get that sick shield from Icecrown Citadel for above my Inn's fireplace" - said the Warlock

-Content that can be obtained, farmed, and collected from beginning to end. "Do I want the display the pelt of that first Pig I skewered in Durotar as a noob, or that massive, hulking-red Feltusk Boar I've just slayed in Tanaan?" ... "Definitely the Pig".

-More Customization: Who doesn't want more customization?

-New quest/daily content that's simple but effective for encouraging socialization: Quest could read, "View 3 other player's Trophy Rooms" for whatever reward. Rewards could be different types of displays and more areas to display in (like plots on the Farm), to name a couple.

-Storage: These areas could also act as additional storage for players whose bags/bank/void are strained. Just owning a single set of each Tier for your class, is almost 100 bag spaces!

Cons:

-Maybe this is going about it the wrong way; by proposing yet another reason to stay inside your Garrison, when the call should be for further incentivizing getting out of it.

-Potentially resource-consuming undertaking: by having to create unique item displays for a large percentage of items in-game that have no literal display other than their icon.

-Justification to commit resources could be lacking: Maybe Collectors are just a tiny slice in the pie of WoW's populace and so it'd be "too much for too few".

Just a thought.

Personally, I'd enjoy this and would welcome this "content" as long as it was extraneous to the normal allocation of resources for (Questing/Dungeons/Raids).

What about you, fellow MMO-Champion'ers?
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2015-07-19 at 09:16 AM.

Missed opportunities are mostly down to garrisons being in their first major implementation.
    I would argue they are less about cosmetics and more about the core mechanics.
    Longer mission durations to minimise the desire to babysit follower missions.
    Less profession accessibility, though both the gathering and the crafting.

Storage is a player-made problem, and simply adding more won't solve it because we simply find reasons to fill it up.
    Blizzard are planning overhauls for transmog, something like a wardrobe feature maybe,
    Details have been scarce, due to I imagine lack of concrete development on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Imagine a Thunderfury on the wall of your garrison. Yes please.

Was about 4-5 years ago the first time I sent them a suggestion about exactly that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Missed opportunities are mostly down to garrisons being in their first major implementation.
    I would argue they are less about cosmetics and more about the core mechanics.
    Longer mission durations to minimise the desire to babysit follower missions.
    Less profession accessibility, though both the gathering and the crafting.

Storage is a player-made problem, and simply adding more won't solve it because we simply find reasons to fill it up.
    Blizzard are planning overhauls for transmog, something like a wardrobe feature maybe,
    Details have been scarce, due to I imagine lack of concrete development on it.
    They are way too much about core mechanics. No one has time to play the game because they're carebearing multiple Garrisons. They need to be account bound and the Follower stuff, it just has to stop. If people want rewarding, they should be rewarded for playing the game, none of this "offline progression" crap, especially given what they're spouting about not wanting dungeon repetition to be overly rewarding.

You should want to have to go to them, you should not want to have to live in them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They are way too much about core mechanics. No one has time to play the game because they're carebearing multiple Garrisons
    Wut.

I spend about 15mins at most sorting my garrison out in a day.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dooble View Post
    Imagine a Thunderfury on the wall of your garrison. Yes please.
    With all the Thunderfury commenst in /2 I would rather burn it tbh.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anything garrison related will ever be good , just let it go let it go...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Missed Opportunities of Draenor

With Garrisons, they removed all possible customization in favour of facebook game garbage. A total missed opportunity that would've made your garrison an actual place you care about instead of just a required set of chores that you hate to do.

Would be cool if you could click the armor/weapons in your showroom and it would instantly transmog into that piece/set. They really need to get rid of void storage

This was a pretty obvious "should have been there" when garrisons were announced initially. Apparently followers experiencing content off screen was considered more important than the player having this level of customization available to them.

Maybe next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer garrisons to be a permanent feature in capital cities that encourage socialization. I also want a tradeskill for making odds and ends to decorate it, to encourage another AH economy (or money sink).

Raiders don't care about that RP aspect, but other niches do...the very social ones at that, too!

I miss that a lot in WoW. To play set designer; to setting up guest rooms for visitors. You know like in RL you do in your own home? It's just a natural extension in a video game.

Want some healthy social interaction, not more gear hurry up and waits with their foul mouthed kids and their ill manners. A trade/social system that's about community building???
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

It would be a nice addition, but it would become old very quickly.