7+ Year Old Account

State of World PvP

So from what I've noticed world pvp is not a thing anymore. You're either on the faction that is camping the quest hubs and flight points in Tanaan or you're the one being camped. If you complain about the overwhelming inability to do any quests that aren't related to PvP you get told "Don't roll on a pvp server then" or "Join a cross server group"

Now I agree, PvP servers are what they are but I didn't know the design philosophy of a pvp server included players being allowed to grief others to no end. Camping bodies and making Tanaan impossible to quest in has been making it difficult to get the resources to use my ship yard. I can usually get the major apexis daily finished through group finder but then I'll need to find another group once that one disbands to stay on a safe server. This is just a huge inconvenience. I would have no problem with the huge faction imbalance on my server if alliance wasn't able to camp a raid on the quest hub every day during peak hours.

Also I actually moved to a Pvp server to be with a raiding guild. I avoid pvp when I can because I know I'll quickly get swarmed by Alliance in any zone but frequently the fight is being brought to me and I tend to just hide in my Garrison (because not even Warspear is safe).

Yeah, you can tell me that this is what I get for rolling on a PvP server, but is this truly what a PvP server should be? One faction literally dominating the other to the point where people have to transfer, stop playing, or just do everything on another server. At that point, why bother with PvP servers?

Deleted
    I play on Outland Eu and we WPVP nearly every night with pretty fair fights eventually we usually win as our leader is very good at tactics.

Faction balance is obviously a big problem, but what are you expecting? You said it yourself, it's a pvp server. I MISS real world pvp (with obv balanced faction population).

I started playing wow during vanilla BETA (!). Back then there were no BGs, no arenas... just open world pvp, and it was the best pvp experience I ever had in my life BY FAR. Ganks would turn out to battles which would turn out to fucking wars. I was an "Anti-ganker" and back then there were a lot of losers ganking low levels. I would corpse camp the f*ck out of 'em. They would in turn call their friends, and I would call mine etc.

I came back to WoD thinking there was some form of a return to open world pvp with the bone collecting and no flying. LMFAO was I wrong - it's the worst it has ever been. The most disappointing thing is how the player base changed. No one gives a fuck about personal battles any more. literally 9/10 people I would gank would res and continue with their questing, hoping that I would get bored of ganking them and leave. It's fucking insane - it's as if no has an ounce of honor left. I even got whispers saying "fuck off asshole, I'm questing here". Then why the fuck are you playing in a pvp server fucking loser???

People just want their "honor points" (ironic lol) and conquest points to buy their gear, and perhaps go for rating so they can get more of said "points".

Oh, and a lot of the times when I'm ganking people just stand without resistance UNLESS it's like a 5v1 situation. I've seen people of same faction stand and watch and couldnt decide if they wanted to aid the guy on their side - probably thinking if they would be asking for trouble lol. And if it's certain that I am dying people mount down and join the fight - as if I'm not gonna res back and turn their lives into hell (yes I have a rogue lol).

Pardon the number of the "fuck" words I used. Yes, I'm angry the game has turned into complete shit and a place for losers.
    Last edited by Theylor; 2015-07-21 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    This is why you roll feral druid for pvp. Trust me, pvp will become a lot more fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theylor View Post
    Faction balance is obviously a big problem, but what are you expecting? You said it yourself, it's a pvp server. I MISS real world pvp (with obv balanced faction population).

I started playing wow during vanilla BETA (!). Back then there were no BGs, no arenas... just open world pvp, and it was the best pvp experience I ever had in my life BY FAR. Ganks would turn out to battles which would turn out to fucking wars. I was an "Anti-ganker" and back then there were a lot of losers ganking low levels. I would corpse camp the f*ck out of 'em. They would in turn call their friends, and I would call mine etc.

I came back to WoD thinking there was some form of a return to open world pvp with the bone collecting and no flying. LMFAO was I wrong - it's the worst it has ever been. The most disappointing thing is how the player base changed. No one gives a fuck about personal battles any more. literally 9/10 people I would gank would res and continue with their questing, hoping that I would get bored of ganking them and leave. It's fucking insane - it's as if no has an ounce of honor left. I even got whispers saying "fuck off asshole, I'm questing here". Then why the fuck are you playing in a pvp server fucking loser???

People just want their "honor points" (ironic lol) and conquest points to buy their gear, and perhaps go for rating so they can get more of said "points".

Oh, and a lot of the times when I'm ganking people just stand without resistance UNLESS it's like a 5v1 situation. I've seen people of same faction stand and watch and couldnt decide if they wanted to aid the guy on their side - probably thinking if they would be asking for trouble lol. And if it's certain that I am dying people mount down and join the fight - as if I'm not gonna res back and turn their lives into hell (yes I have a rogue lol).

Pardon the number of the "fuck" words I used. Yes, I'm angry the game has turned into complete shit and a place for losers.
    I agree with everything you said, choice of words included, because the situation as a whole is just that disappointing.

Best PvP I had was patch 1.8 PTR, where the spawning point was somewhere in Stranglethorn and Duskwood, so one faction camped that bridge while the other one tried to pass it. The difference with PvP on the PTR is, that here people can imagine to do PvP for fun only, and this is a thing that's out of question on the live servers.... sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before everyone and their mother moved to Alliance, my guild and I had a lot of fun in Spires of Arak with big 40 vs. 40 Horde vs. Alliance battles. I haven't had any world PvP since then.

With the turn the game took by promoting arenas and RBGs as "the only true PvP", you can't expect people to defend themselves in world PvP as they have no incentive to. People now play PvP to get some rewards, some gear, not to have fun or just fight for their faction.
    Last edited by Philomene; 2015-07-22 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shâtz View Post
    I play on Outland Eu and we WPVP nearly every night with pretty fair fights eventually we usually win as our leader is very good at tactics.
    You serious? Horde, and consequently WPvP, is dead on Outland.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that I left out is how broken Toys and zone specific items have made WoD pvp. There are ridiculous combos where someone can stack items to 1 shot you or gain all of their health back in a short time so that even if you're a competent PvPer you're at a disadvantage due to not farming those items for that specific zone.

Ashran killed Wpvp, if not PvP at all with those dumb Pve events...

Quote Originally Posted by Juke Boxer View Post
    This is why you roll feral druid for pvp. Trust me, pvp will become a lot more fun.
    Exactly. Master this spec and be a god in pvp.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2015-07-23 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Ashran killed Wpvp, if not PvP at all with those dumb Pve events...
    Have you tried Ashran recently?

Nearly all the events end up being contested. Especially the mine, the ogre rise and the burial grounds. Had some good fights at the race track too.

They're actually better fights (as melee) than down the middle as people are more spread out trying to do the events and it stops it becoming such a ranged zerg.

Lots of world PvP on the EU RP PVP conurbation - mostly back and forth between the bases.

World PvP is dead for various reasons, and them wussing out and bringing flying back destroys any chance of it ever being good again. As for why should people bother with PvP servers, when world PvP is dead and almost all servers are imbalanced, there probably is no good reason to.

World pvp can't be made to exsist the fact they keep trying to force it, it in part why it fails. Merging servers to produce it just made general game play more tedious.