Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeum View Post
    Did i read somewhere here that people are using GrimSac whilst using affliction? If so i did not know that it was the go to.
    It was a marginal gain over Sup in a patchwerk sim. Pretty much any amount of movement made sup better. Things will probably change with these buffs though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that only really helps Affliction where it's already pretty good, and does nothing for its weakness everywhere else that make it unplayable there.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    It was a marginal gain over Sup in a patchwerk sim. Pretty much any amount of movement made sup better. Things will probably change with these buffs though.
    ah, i genuinley never knew this, i'll be giving GrimSac a try on a few fights on reset, I'm guessing now with these buffs Sac will be the go to regardless of movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeum View Post
    Did i read somewhere here that people are using GrimSac whilst using affliction? If so i did not know that it was the go to.
    Before the July 20 Hotfix, GoSac slightly pulled ahead of GoSup in DPS only when you have T18 Mythic gear and only in Single Target. GoSup is very close in DPS ST, is more movement friendly, and pulls ahead in DPS with 2 or more targets. After the July 20 Hotfix, it seems that GoSac might pull ahead even in Heroic gear and for multi target as well, but let's wait for Ghaddo to confirm when he is done with the SIMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well that only really helps Affliction where it's already pretty good, and does nothing for its weakness everywhere else that make it unplayable there.
    I don't think the goal was to fix the underlying mechanical / toolkit deficiencies. I think it was more about making the choice to do a pure single target / cleave build a much easier pill to swallow when you see everyone else higher on overall damage because of aoe.

Personally, yeah, although I really like being in a decent place when I can on the overall numbers, my guild has plenty of aoe - and I do really like being high on damage to priority targets.

We're not going to suddenly see Aff locks dominating Hellfire Assault or Iskar, but we will see higher overall Afflock representation in HFC. Even on some of the fights that it might have been considered "unplayable" for, if aoe is more than covered by everyone else but single target is lacking.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    It was needed - even with the 6.2 buffs I was having a really hard time as affliction trying to keep up. Huntards, arcanes, rets were doing more damage and easier too. Destruction locks in the guild were having the same problem.

It's compounded when some classes do incidental cleave damage that is part of their normal rotation - it flatter them in recount. Affliction "cleave" isn't incidental, you have to make a conscious effort to do it, and it double or triples the attention you've got to pay on your DOTS

Affliction SHOULD be nearly undisputed king on single target as it's AOE is so rubbish, and it has horrible rampup times

I'd really like to see something done about affy's severe lack of tools. It desperately needs decent AOE. Seed of Corruption is strong in theory, in practise, it's awful.

They really need to undo that idiotic change and let ALL damage detonate it. Would go an awfully long way to bringing up affliction to what almost everyone else can do aoe wise.

I'm guessing the SBHaunt/Sac will be pretty much a go-to, given the buff to Drain Soul? It will becom emuch closer to spammable instant
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2015-07-21 at 08:28 AM.

Deleted
    anyone tested if these are live?

Gonna have to wait 5 months for tooltip fixes

edit: tested it myself, not live on EU
    Last edited by mmoceba8ecc600; 2015-07-21 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    They must really not want us to play demo
    Totally my thoughts when I read this. I really value ST damage so I am a happy bunny overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Totally my thoughts when I read this. I really value ST damage so I am a happy bunny overall.
    It was the case for destro/affli during T17... More or less

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't think the goal was to fix the underlying mechanical / toolkit deficiencies. I think it was more about making the choice to do a pure single target / cleave build a much easier pill to swallow when you see everyone else higher on overall damage because of aoe.

Personally, yeah, although I really like being in a decent place when I can on the overall numbers, my guild has plenty of aoe - and I do really like being high on damage to priority targets.

We're not going to suddenly see Aff locks dominating Hellfire Assault or Iskar, but we will see higher overall Afflock representation in HFC. Even on some of the fights that it might have been considered "unplayable" for, if aoe is more than covered by everyone else but single target is lacking.
    Well no, I think only cutting the cast and travel time for SoC would even begin to address the mechanical deficiency. But you kind of miss the point, those who want to play it are already making that excuse for the half dozen fights where it's actually already alright; it's the deficiencies elsewhere that are actually what's hurting participation; why learn two specs when you can get by and better optimise your gear for just one?

10+ Year Old Account
    would stat priority stay roughly the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Wormie View Post
    anyone tested if these are live?

Gonna have to wait 5 months for tooltip fixes

edit: tested it myself, not live on EU
    It'll probably go live on EU with the reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    would stat priority stay roughly the same?
    Why would it change?

someone got new sims with mythic gear ?

Deleted
    I don't know what's more of a downer, the lack of any attention to demonology or the fact that I'm so surprised and uplifted by such miniscule buffs.

not live yet on oceanic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I don't know what's more of a downer, the lack of any attention to demonology or the fact that I'm so surprised and uplifted by such miniscule buffs.
    Not surprising about Demo given previous comments. Not entirely surprised about the buffs to Aff either (mildly surprised about Destro ones); I think the delta between where they work and where they don't is - unsurprisingly given how binary the strengths and weaknesses actually are - apparently quite substantial.

Grats on the 9000+ posts btw J.

But yes, nice buffs. Can't wait for wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well no, I think only cutting the cast and travel time for SoC would even begin to address the mechanical deficiency. But you kind of miss the point, those who want to play it are already making that excuse for the half dozen fights where it's actually already alright; it's the deficiencies elsewhere that are actually what's hurting participation; why learn two specs when you can get by and better optimise your gear for just one?
    I didn't say anything about it being hard to address the toolkit for Aff. I said the goal with these buffs wasn't to prop it up on the fights where it's "unplayable", but to make it more palatable to play it in general. Just like you said - why learn multiple specs ... but now there's a reason to: on the fights where it was alright/good before, now it's good / really good. Like I said, you still won't be seeing Aff locks dominate on Assault or Iskar, but you will see more folks who were on the fence about learning/using it ... learning/using it.

I guarantee the ratio of fights killed in the various specs shifts not just away from Demo and towards Destro, but towards both Desto and Aff, after tonight. By your reasoning they will just shift away from Demo and toward Destro. I guess we'll see over the next week or two if some of those Demo players shift towards Aff or just all towards Destro.

As a trend, I mean. I know I'm dropping Demo for Aff.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction is clearly the darling spec for most players including me, I just can't stand affliction because it lacks the "oompf" factor of having spells that crater their targets, such as Chaos Bolt.

The current buffs, in my opinion, still do not make enough case for Affliction over Destruction in just about any encounter except for Fel Lord and maybe padding Council if you don't care about killing priority targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    It'll probably go live on EU with the reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would it change?
    wouldn't the buff make haste stronger? I'm curious about it if we were to use gosac and on single target