Question Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (lookin for tips!)

Hey guys!

So, today I was diagnosed with Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. Being active my entire life for as long as I can remember I guess has done some damage to my knees to the point where sitting for periods of time causes my knees to hurt. I can't sit at the computer, drive, or watch a movie without having to get up and walk around.

SO! Doctor told me an assortment of ways to deal with it, but I was wondering if any of you have had the same thing and what you do/did to address the pain? It's a bit problematic for me seeing as I game regularly, and I have to drive a 2 hr commute on some weekends.

I am already an active jiujitsu practitioner, and I have stopped all bent-knee exercises like squats.

Thanks

edit: To clarify this is exercise related. I have a confirmed diagnosis from a doctor. Not looking for medical advice in that regard. Just exercises or habits.

Fairly generic advice, but have you tried different sitting setups at your desk? Foot rests at different elevations, sitting at different heights to change the bend of your knee while sitting. Things like that.
    If you can find a way to relieve the pain without having to actually get up, it'll at least stop interrupting your gaming sessions.

I put a chair up for my to rest my legs on, but the positioning of my desk is rather terrible where I can't actually have a good foot rest. My desk is large and with the set up of the room moving it really isn't an option.

Sounds like there is more to it if its affecting you even when you are sat down at a computer. I was given this diagnosis after complaining of pain while I was active (squats, running etc) and was given a series of exercise to do which will help re-strengthen my muscles around the knee. Like you bending exercises caused pain but sitting and driving have no effect on me at all.

I am only two months into my treatment for this and tbh I am not feeling the results yet but I was told it can take up to a year before I notice any results. Ontop of exercises and stretches from my physio I also used this youtuber called Dr joe who has a series of exercises and stretches for this specific problem.

Takes about 1- 1/2 hr before it starts to hurt.