Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Legion Alpha/Beta/PTR Discussion

UPDATE - 2015/07/29

Congratulations to all who partook in this thread. Blizzard has just revealed that X6 will indeed be revealed in all its glory at their Gamescom press conference. The event takes place on August 6th at 17:45 CEST.

For the record, my own theory is that we'll see the beta around BlizzCon at the very latest, and the expansion release between February and May 2016. I base this theory off the same clues and developer quotes that lead me to believe X6 would get announced at Gamescom. To see all of these, I recommend looking at some of my other threads, like this one. I think the setting will at least in part include Queen Azshara and the Great Sea -- partly based on how the Shipyard seems to suggest a naval theme, like the Timeless Isle suggested time travel back in 2013.

UPDATE - 2015/07/28

Long-running fansite BlizzPlanet has announced that they have received an invitation to Blizzard's Gamescom press conference (which is officially dubbed the 'Blizzard gamescom 2015 Media Briefing'.

While the site made it clear that they have no clue what's being announced, it did claim that we're in for World of Warcraft and Overwatch announcements. Apparently, it also intends to film the event.

Furthermore, and perhaps more notably, BlizzPlanet has an interview with a World of Warcraft developer scheduled at the event.

UPDATE - 2015/07/27

Nestled among the heaps of alleged leaks and fake Trademarks, one recent one has caught my interest. Take this with a huge grain of salt for now, and if further developments lead us to conclude that this was fake, then I will update this post accordingly to not spread false information.

Recently, this thread appeared on the Video Games sub-forum, including a link to a .PDF which mentions a trademark for "Council of Glades", supposedly filed in New Zeeland on the 25th.

This trademark fits nicely with an alleged leak for a "Guardian of Tirisfal" expansion, which was locked and its poster banned a few days ago.

That's it for now. I will update the OP as necessary if things change. This could likely be a fake, but it would at the very least be an elaborate and interesting enough fake to give it a mention.

UPDATE - 2015/07/24

New information has appeared, further increasing the probability that I'm right about Gamescom.

• This Gamescom press event schedule has listed Blizzard Entertainment for a press event (by invitation only) at 12 PM (noon) CEST on August 5.
    • This event takes place in the Konrad-Adenauer Saal, which is a medium-sized room (google it for pictures).
    • Popular WoW fansite Mamytwink has received an invitation to this event, which as mentioned is by invitation only.
    • This press event is officially a Blizzard press event for now, and not exclusively reserved for WoW. But if you consider the points from my original post (seen below), then it seems like there isn't much to announce for other games at this time.
    • Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls was announced at an event like this, also at Gamescom, in 2013. A select few Diablo fan-sites were invited to the event.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST

What ho,

I'm on a short break from MMO-Champion and other forums, but I just thought I'd make this one post ahead of Gamescom.

Gamescom really is where we'll see World of Warcraft's 6th expansion get announced. I've been saying this for months now, but here's my final argument for it.

Hearthstone is, appropriately enough, getting its own announcement event right before Gamescom. Tomorrow, in fact, on July 22. They clearly don't want it to collide with something over at Gamescom.

StarCraft II Legacy of the Void is already as announced as it can get, considering you can now even pre-purchase it and play the prologue missions; there is no reason to talk about anything StarCraft-related at Gamescom this year.

Diablo III Patch 2.3 is currently on the PTR, with an expected release around mid-August. People are incredibly excited about this massive patch, and it would be absolute lunacy from Blizzard's end to announce an expansion for the game at this point.

Heroes of the Storm has just had its major Eternal Conflict expansion release a couple of weeks ago, and there is still some content related to it trickling out every now and then, like new heroes. It is much, much too early to discuss anything major for the game.

Overwatch is approaching its autumn Beta test, and while Blizzard could surprise us with a few nifty additions like new heroes, there isn't anything big to announce. Even a launch date for the Beta wouldn't be considered a major announcement, and Blizzard's presence at Gamescom wouldn't be justified by something as minor as that.

World of Warcraft, on the other hand, has nothing going on right now. Apart from the dozens of reasons we've gathered over the past months as to why a Gamescom announcement would make sense for Warcraft, there is now also all of the above to consider.

Why would Blizzard host its biggest-ever Gamescom event unless there was a major announcement to be made for something? They've been hyping this event for weeks, there'll be hundreds of gaming stations available, and one could argue that it'll almost be as big as BlizzCon (sans the numerous panels you get at the latter).

As it turns out, we now also know that the Warcraft movie trailer will be shown in November - probably at BlizzCon. So there will be something for WarCraft fans at BlizzCon, even if there isn't an expansion announcement planned for that event.

It is because of this I believe the following to be true, without doubt:

• New WoW expansion at Gamescom.
    • New Diablo expansion at BlizzCon.

Content above this line written by Mojo Risin
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST of ORIGINAL THREAD

I was just looking on the site from Marlamin where you can see the status of the four beta servers, and I noticed two of them are up.
    Does this has some meaning or is there just some maintainance.

The Site:
    http://marlamin.com/armory/status.php
    Last edited by maxje98; 2016-08-29 at 09:12 PM.

They might just be trying stuff out or doing routine maintenance. Hard to tell.

well at least the kittens make it funny

If only I had my beta client stilll... oh well, probably wouldn't work anyways if they're testing some internal 6.2.1 build, Or 6.3, or whatever.

Deleted
    Reign of Aszhara beta confirmed

7.0 servers for demo at Gamescom !

10+ Year Old Account
    All the hope inside my body screams "7.0 demo for gamescom"

All the reality around us screams "6.2.x / 6.x internal patch testing"

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    7.0 servers for demo at Gamescom !
    Yep, it definitely looks promising. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Feroxxy View Post

Yeah, I'm not reading too much into it, but who knows!

No beta invite again sigh
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't read too much into it.

Are you sure these haven't been up for awhile?

- - - Updated - - -

Them being up doesn't mean anything unless we know A. They just recently came up and B. They only come up when its "relatively" soon till beta (eg 1 month or so)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yep, it definitely looks promising. Good stuff!
    We take this as definitive proof and a promise from Blizzard.
    Now if they won't announce the expac and beta start at Gamescom we're going to unsub and burn ALL the things!

Actually now that I think of it, I'm already pre-emptively pretty god damn angry about!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noobisttv-metro View Post
    no beta invite again sigh
    "too soon, executos!"

Quote Originally Posted by Feroxxy View Post

You know, you might not be entirely off... that is, they might be setting the servers up for a WoW demo at gamescom, whether there is anything new or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably trying to nail down all the WoD adjustments for flying (invisible wall removal)

So yeah internal patch testing using the beta servers to simulate live experiences? I'd expect as much.

Not gonna take this as 'amg 7.0!'
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

WTB tech person to explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably to demo WoD at Gamescon. Until Blizzard says something, or there's more concrete information I'd not read too much into it.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Probably trying to nail down all the WoD adjustments for flying (invisible wall removal)

So yeah internal patch testing using the beta servers to simulate live experiences? I'd expect as much.

They use PTR for those type of patches most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post

Well everybody knows 7.0 is down the pipe. And Blizzcon after final patch usually = expansion announcement. and in order for an expansion announcement they need some kind of game footage so it's likely an Alpha version of WoW x6 exists already at this point