Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    What about drag kings? Are they invited?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    They aren't gay why should they be in a gay parade?

I don't why everyone is missing the obvious.
    Drag queens can't be gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Ha.....hahahahaha. Hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    It's basically black face.
    lol?

10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Be proud of who you are, everyone is equal and welcome, except you rick, take off that dress you're not welcome around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Always amusing when the Left begins to cannibalize itself with these conundrums.
    My thoughts exactly. Couldn't have said it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Missed this pearl.
    But it essentially comes down to it: some organizers wanted a safe space for the demographic they deemed more worthy.
    There is tons of bad blood between some drags and some trans women; and it is an incredibly complex topic to untangle*. These people simply exacerbated it (on an inclusive parade, no less) for no reason other than stupidity.

(*): To the uninitiated, think how some feminists see MTF as pervs, and FTM as gender traitors. That's a more well known effect, and it has some overlap with the topic at hand: advocacy groups that have lost their north, or never really had one to begin with.
    Kill TERFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Kill TERFs.
    In case anyone else wonders: http://queerdictionary.tumblr.com/post/3891289414/terf
    Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist

Also whoo - nice storm outside. Finally some rain.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    I 'dunno, I can certainly see the objection that drag acts can be a caricature of trans individuals, but at the same time it seems a little...mean(?) towards people who may not be homosexual or trans but are still seen as a "deviant" sexual habit.
    Except drag queens are emulating a type of caricature of women, just like drag has done for a very long time. Not to mention that there are drag queens, who also happen to be trangender.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    They aren't gay why should they be in a gay parade?

I don't why everyone is missing the obvious.
    Um most drag queens are gay. Wanna try again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    It's basically black face.

- - - Updated - - -

Or mocking men.
    Okay, how is drag black-face? I mean you do realize drag is nothing new and has existed in many forms throughout history, right?

This makes me happy lol