Deleted

Elemental Flame Shock Recast time (with trinket)

Whats the optimal recast time with the CotPE trinket, and obviously its different for each version (norm/hc/mythic)?

Deleted
    Well I hope I'm right here, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Flameshock base duration = 30s
    Pandemic effect = 30% from max Time.

NHC = 150% increase = 75s duration -> refresh at 22,5s -> new FS has 97,5s at optimal refresh time.

HC = 173% increase = 81,9s duration -> refresh at 24,57s -> new FS has 106,47s duration at optimal refresh time.

Mythic = 198% increase = 89,4s duration -> refresh at 26,82s -> new FS has 116,22s duration at optimal refresh time.

I hope I did help
    Last edited by mmoc7d04655638; 2015-07-22 at 01:44 PM. Reason: some more math

Deleted
    The above is correct, however "optimal" is probably a bit more complex than when you're able to refresh without clipping the shock. To be fully optimal you need to refresh it under the following conditions:

The existing shock falls within the time windows mentioned by Nerotox
    At least 5 secs until your next Earth Shock
    Lava Burst is on cooldown
    2 charges of Fusion ready
    Searing Totem is down
    Unleash Flame is ready to use

So basically, everything that is a priority above your Lightning Bolt filler is complete - Find the sweet spot where all 6 of those are true and that would be fully optimal.

Deleted
    Yea, totally agree with you. Optimal was the wrong word.

Personally, I've been trying to refresh it underneath the pandemic time, but if it is somewhat close (something like <35 instead of 22.5) and everything is lining up well (2 EF stacks and low lightning shield charges), I'll just go ahead and refresh it back up to max duration. My main reasoning for this is that if I were to wait, I could run into trouble with shock collisions where I end up wasting a number of lightning shield charges while trying to hit EF2.

The way I see it is that we are refreshing flame shock so few times a fight that even clipping a few seconds by refreshing it too early will likely not result in an extra cast. The biggest thing is making sure you are able to keep it buffed with both UF and EF2 while still using as many earth shocks as you can.