Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ohh boy, 6hrs in Ashran...

...just to complete 2 weekly quests for bonus cp on allys side...so my question is,are allys so bad on every battle group,or I am just unlucky and bad myself with my own?I can not even describe what mess are allys in my battle group,even with normal bg...only chance to win something are av and ioc,all others included Ashran so frustrating...ufff...xD

reset day = horde, other 6 days is alliance.

deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    And when you get in, the other faction owns the map. Hopefully things will get much better with the merc mode crap. Personally, I'm not gonna use it because "Glory to the Alliance, bitches!" but others will use it and lower the queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    reset day = horde, other 6 days is alliance.

deal with it.
    ty sir for advice...but almost same happen on saturday...xD

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ty sir for advice...but almost same happen on saturday...xD
    Because your server is so heavily imbalanced, Alliance are going to get to PvP around 5% as much as horde. Horde will basically be going in time after time with the same team, same players. Alliance will be random riff-raff with very little skill or experience (relatively speaking). My understanding is that it isn't Crossrealm (like BGs etc) - which is one of the main reasons Blizzard are bringing in Mercenary mode.

Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2015-07-22 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because your server is so heavily imbalanced, Alliance are going to get to PvP around 5% as much as horde. Horde will basically be going in time after time with the same team, same players. Alliance will be random riff-raff with very little skill or experience (relatively speaking). My understanding is that it isn't Crossrealm (like BGs etc) - which is one of the main reasons Blizzard are bringing in Mercenary mode.

fair enough...ty sir...xD

last night was the opposite for me in the 2 hours 3 ashrans I did the only time we won an event was when alliance was killing the boss. I suppose on alliance you always get a mix of good/bad players but early on in resets I would assume its the BEST time for alliance to do it as the arena/rbg'rs want to get there weeklies done quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Ashran is crossrealm though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last week, it took me the whole week (meaning almost all of my available time to play) just to complete the "win 4 events, kill tremblade" quest because we (Horde - Emerald Dream) couldn't seem to win any events - and when I did finally complete it, I got the same item I was awarded the week before. I'm thinking I'm not doing Ashran anymore haha.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

If you're losing or there's toxic players, just leave and rejoin.

Quote Originally Posted by OzCymru View Post
    Ashran is crossrealm though.
    Not according to posts on WoW forums, something about it originally was going to be. If it was cross-realm, they wouldn't need to do Merc mode.

Ashran is cross realm and always has been.
    But there are more Alliance PvPers than Horde.

There may be more Horde players on most PvP realms but many of them don't actually play Ashran or even participate in PvP.

I'm having a much easier time too on my horde characters getting the weekly done, especially during busy hours. Can't really figure out why it is this way. Of course you can get good and terrible groups on both sides, and you will, but still. I do however leave fail groups and keep queuing till I get a decent one.

You lost 6 hours of your life in this shitty fake PvP zone ? wow....

Deleted
    rng is rng every group i've joined so far has been alliance decimating the horde

Might depend on battle group. Outside of like weekends at night or reset days horde gets dominated on mine. Good time to farm honor though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Just take leadership of the Ashran raid. Remove any assists, just you. Keep shouting where to move, organize the group BEFORE starting an event, and group up AWAY from the opposing faction (out of combat). Use lots of raid warnings, flares to mark X locations on map, and world markers. Anticipate event announcements, and announce beforehand what you'll be doing.

Be in tight groups as much as you can, and tell people to use their Ashran buffs (rares class buffs, wands, scroll of protection).

Make sure you have the Ancient Artifact in your raid. If the opposing faction has the artifact, make sure you communicate that priority #1 is getting the artifact; winning the event is ONLY SECONDARY. (because you'll lose anyways). If you have artifact, call to spread out after it expires to get it again on the respawn. Currently, it lasts 30 minutes, and after 5 minutes of cooldown it respawns again.
    Keep an eye on healer count, and give artifact to the best (aoe) healer if it drops to 6 or under. Preferably one that is GEARED and has ESCAPE MECHANISMS: priests with LEVITATE (flying away, from book drop), druids with FLIGHT FORM (legendary book drop), or resto shamans with MOUNTSPEED ROOT IMMUNITY (from GHOST WOLF tablet). Learn to ignore the angry moonkins and hunters calling you a noob; once you start chain winning events, they'll shut up eventually.

Main road stuff:
    If you're at the second last flag of main road and an event is announced, TAKE THE LAST FLAG FIRST and thén have the whole group rush the event. That will give you a 5 minute window to kill boss after event is done, plus a lot of respect from the group as a leader by the time you zerg the boss.

When going for boss (being Alliance), take the backdoor entrance by grouping up at Amphitheater (announce to group up at Amphitheater for a boss attack). From there, run towards their base, cross the water where the big tree fell over, and just run straight up the ramp. Set out a trail of world markers beforehand for automatic success. Have them wait up at the final marker, when you're complete shout for rogue AOE stealths, and zerg the boss in seconds. It's a big morale boost as well. From there on, people will follow you and enjoy it.

Event stuff:
    Brute's rise: if your raid gets there first, defend the lower stairs, capture the top 3 fires, regroup at stairs and slowly push down to the 4th and 5th fire. Be careful for the top fire close to the beach, as the enemy may come up from the beach.
    Don't let your raid chase the opposing faction away after the last fire, or they'll lose event credit. DONT ATTACK BRICKHOUSE UNTIL THE EVENT IS OVER (you have to mention it!)
    If you don't get there first: group up at the furthest fire, and take over the fires one by one with your ENTIRE group. When you reach the lower stairs with your WHOLE group, the opposing faction should still be spread out from capturing all 3 top fires - take advantage of that by rushing up the stairs AND ONTO THE THIRD FIRE in one go, and fight from there.

Underground mine (the new one): get there ASAP, take over control of mid, and just keep control while slowly winning. Might help to call out for people to turn in their Apexis BUFF marks every so often. If you don't get there first: group up at a distance, and charge in in ONE group. Yesterday I was at second last mainroad flag when this one was announced. We capped the second last flag, moved up to the last flag, capped that, and then there was like 40 seconds left to get to mine (where the Horde were already at). We grouped up in front of THEIR entrance, charged in, and got control of mid with no effort whatsoever.

Burial grounds: Try to either succesfully get your raid to NOT attack the rare there, or to zerg it down ASAP (it's so easy that for most raids, it's just too hard not to attack it, even if told not to). Get control of the main area as early as possible, and just keep as tight as possible when event has started.

Amphitheater of Agony: Often best to get there first. If you CANNOT get there first, have EVERYONE group up at a distance - this is DIFFICULT if people are already charging in blindly. Try to group at a clear spot, like mid graveyard, and mark it with a flare (buy them at your base) so they get an X on their map. Charge in in one group, with stealth if possible, and try to punch as hard as you can. Once this event starts, ALWAYS STAY ON TOP OF THE MAMMOTH, especially healers. Let everyone know that healing is on top of the mammoth. If you fight the opposing faction, only fight from within the circle. This is practically impossible, but it will get people to have their priorities set straight.

Quarry: Get there first and defend. Call out to spread out 30 seconds before it actually starts, so you can cap ores super fast even if it's infested with the other (less prepared) faction. If you can't get there first, try to group up at a distance unnoticed, stealth in WITHOUT ATTACKING OR GETTING NOTICED, spread out as fast as you can and focus on surviving and getting ores (instead of the battle).

As soon as you've got it all going, your biggest enemy is your group splitting up (not following commands, going for a rare first even though you specifically said not to, etcetera). Try to avoid that by grouping up at empty nearby areas, such as Quarry (especially with your own warlock portal up for mobility on an event announcement).

In your spare time, kill a rare (for class buffs), refresh raid buffs, and get everyone to buff up at Dark Woods (15% stats buff from flowers, 30min Guardian Spirit buff from cursed mobs) and Brute's Rise (open cages for absorb shields as big as your healthpool.)

I often run as a resto shaman with artifact leading everyone around, and in my experience, it's just chain wins as soon as I start putting any effort into leading the bunch. It's really easy once you get to know Ashran, you just have to take the effort of raid spamming. It works wonders though. You may still lose 1 in 5 (due to the opposing faction getting buffed more as you win more), but generally, it's chain wins - or pretty darn close.
    Last edited by mmocbc5645dc6c; 2015-07-24 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karmlol View Post
    Just take leadership of the Ashran raid. Remove any assists, just you. Keep shouting where to move, organize the group BEFORE starting an event, and group up AWAY from the opposing faction (out of combat). Use lots of raid warnings, flares to mark X locations on map, and world markers. Anticipate event announcements, and announce beforehand what you'll be doing.

Make sure you have the Ancient Artifact in your raid. If horde have artifact, make sure you communicate that priority #1 is getting the artifact; winning the event is ONLY SECONDARY. (because you'll lose anyways). If you have artifact, call to spread out after it expires to get it again on the respawn. Currently, it lasts 30 minutes, and after 5 minutes of cooldown it respawns again.
    Keep an eye on healer count, and give artifact to the best (aoe) healer if it drops to 6 or under. Preferably one that is GEARED and has ESCAPE MECHANISMS: priests with LEVITATE (flying away, from book drop), druids with FLIGHT FORM (legendary book drop), or resto shamans with MOUNTSPEED ROOT IMMUNITY (from GHOST WOLF tablet). Learn to ignore the angry moonkins and hunters calling you a noob; once you start chain winning events, they'll shut up eventually.

If you're at the second last flag of main road and an event is announced, TAKE THE LAST FLAG FIRST and thén have the whole group rush the event. That will give you a 5 minute window to kill boss after event is done, plus a lot of respect from the group as a leader by the time you zerg the boss.

When going for boss (being Alliance), take the backdoor entrance by grouping up at Amphitheater (announce to group up at Amphitheater for a boss attack). From there, run towards their base, cross the water where the big tree fell over, and just run straight up the ramp. Set out a trail of world markers beforehand for automatic success. Have them wait up at the final marker, when you're complete shout for rogue AOE stealths, and zerg the boss in seconds. It's a big morale boost as well. From there on, people will follow you and enjoy it.

As soon as you've got it all going, your biggest enemy is your group splitting up (not following commands, going for a rare first even though you specifically said not to, etcetera). Try to avoid that by grouping up at empty nearby areas, such as Quarry (especially with your own warlock portal up for mobility on an event announcement).

In your spare time, kill a rare (for class buffs), refresh raid buffs, and get everyone to buff up at Dark Woods (15% stats buff from flowers, 30min Guardian Spirit buff from cursed mobs) and Brute's Rise (open cages for absorb shields as big as your healthpool.)

I often run as a resto shaman with artifact leading everyone around, and in my experience, it's just chain wins as soon as I start putting any effort into leading the bunch. It's really easy once you get to know Ashran, you just have to take the effort of raid spamming. It works wonders though. You may still lose 1 in 5 (due to the opposing faction getting buffed more as you win more), but generally, it's chain wins - or pretty darn close.
    This. I don't even join if we don't have it or unless it reset. Just join again in an hour and you might have it. Usually whenever horde wins (for me) is reset day and in the middle of the day throughout the week. After dinner it's usually alliance that control ashran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Allies loosing ashran? As if that'd ever happen. Horde have barely won anything all week in my battlegroup, we only win on Monday/Tuesday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Allies loosing ashran? As if that'd ever happen. Horde have barely won anything all week in my battlegroup, we only win on Monday/Tuesday.
    Read my guide, execute it, and you should chain win for as long as you guide them. Once you leave, people will be thanking you and beg you to stay.