Page 1 of 2
LastLast

leveling battle pets - first time

well, i have a cat at lvl 9, but never been on pet battle for real, just in ocasions.

read other topics, and brought anubisath idol and chromi (the one from chromaggus), but now the question is: how to lvl your battle pets?

i mean, the easy way, or a route i should follow?

ty in advance

Do the quests in mop, they give you good pet xp, and youll be very fast at leveling other pets. Just look at YouTube for a Starter quest guide. I cant remember exactly where it started but i thing in the capital city .

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    well, i have a cat at lvl 9, but never been on pet battle for real, just in ocasions.

read other topics, and brought anubisath idol and chromi (the one from chromaggus), but now the question is: how to lvl your battle pets?
    Just an FYI, Chrominus isn't normally recommended for use by himself, everyone recommends him COMBINED with a Pandaren Water Spirit for the "Howl Bomb" combo.

Deleted
    The hard part is levelling your first. Once you have that, you can easily breed more by having the level 25 kill the opponents, and having your low levels being only present for 1 round.

For instance on the trainer near Karazhan. I had my toxic wasteling (or any other blob with the same spells) level 25 and two level 1s.

Start with the level 1, hit once and swap to 2nd level 1 ... then swap that one for the Toxic.. that toxic can solo the trainer alone, with its selfhealing. And when you're done your 2 level 1s get all the xp, since the level 25 pets do not take xp away from the lower ones. You will end up with two pets level 7
    Same trick goes for the Crimson Lasher on the Hellfire Peninsula (Path of glory) trainer.

There is hundreds of ways to do all these, and they are the fastest way to level more pets to 25 once you have your first from the questline that Chisu mentioned. Best to start with the Pet trainers in Stormwind/Orgrimmar questlines.

Also something i did (in mop) was grabbing a Kun-Lai runt from Kun-Lai, since it can solo almost all the critters in Valley of the 4 winds, so you can use low level pets there to level. They just need to survive that 1 round they are active.

edit: note: you might find it more fun to discover yourself a bit about what pets you have. Following the HowlBombing pet strategy works, but it's not really that much fun. There a at least 100 amazing pets to use instead for different fights.
    Last edited by mmoce02695a3d4; 2015-07-23 at 01:03 PM.

You say you have a level 9 cat, with Idol and Chrom, that's a nice team. You need to level them up to 25, but in the process, pick up a diversified team along the way. After you have 1 level 25, it's easy (as mentioned above, tons of ways to level). But to get to 25, it is a bit of a burn. I love the cat, they'll have some good abilities eventually, including their self heal. Keep to fighting "Critter" types and he'll shine. The key is to make sure you have a TEAM, because there is nothing worse than having a level 9, and 2 level 5s, and your big BEAST hits a critter with 2 flying backup pets.

Personally, i'd get a team of 3 cats (you can get them off the AH) and then finding nice all critter areas to get them all up and smashing. Rats, Mouse, squirrels, cockroaches. Remember to swap them out before they die (they'll get no xp) and get them all in so the whole team is around the same level. I forget the level, but outside of Onyxia's lair is "Spawn of Onyxia" which was my #2 with 2 cats for a long time. He has self heals and eats fliers. So, with your cats, a dragonkin (spawn of ony), and the Idol, you'd have the firepower and defense (idol's sandstorm) to handle most things.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

i mean, the easy way, or a route i should follow?

ty in advance
    If your trying to kill the pets in tannan, go get zandari ankelbiter (I know I spell that wrong) and check asmondgolds yoitube page on how he beats all of them with 3 pets. But you can youtube what pets you need to fast level other pets, in panda land I think you need flying types and you kill water battle pets. But you should be able to get 1 free 25 token on your level 100 toon.

You could alway pay someone to level one for you. I would hwlp you I have so mant 1 level tokens on my toons (for doing garrision pet daily and using it on the bag) but cant, im sure others have that too.

The first few 25 is the hardest, but once you have 2, getting rest is cake.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2015-07-23 at 03:40 PM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Easiest way is to start the quest line the battle tamer in SW or Org give.
    You go tamer to tamer getting good xp as you defeat them.
    When all done you get the safari hat that is sent to all your toons.
    It gives 10% extra xp which makes leveling other pets quicker.
    One needs to have many a different pet at 25 to do the celestial tournament or do well in pvp.
    It can take some time but the rewards are worth it and once you get leveling down leveling new pets gets easier and easier.
    Also leveling a pet first the selling them gets one extra gold.
    It is also a good way to make money on other realms since the pet tab is account bound.
    Get a pet that sells well on a realm you have the money sell it in another.
    Best way to move money between realms.

Get Ultimate Battle-Training Stone on your level 100 toons.

Use on Anubisath Idol

Use the Idol to catch a Breed P/P (4, 14) Emerald Proto Whelp. Check this website and click the Battle Info Tab, then use the slider to make sure it's the correct breed by looking at his attack power before you catch him.

Follow this guide to beat all of the Pandaria trainers with these two pets.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2015-07-23 at 07:52 PM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    If your trying to kill the pets in tannan, go get zandari ankelbiter (I know I spell that wrong) and check asmondgolds yoitube page on how he beats all of them with 3 pets. But you can youtube what pets you need to fast level other pets, in panda land I think you need flying types and you kill water battle pets. But you should be able to get 1 free 25 token on your level 100 toon.

You could alway pay someone to level one for you. I would hwlp you I have so mant 1 level tokens on my toons (for doing garrision pet daily and using it on the bag) but cant, im sure others have that too.

The first few 25 is the hardest, but once you have 2, getting rest is cake.

what is that free lvl 25 token? how to get it?

anyway, i'll search in youtube for guides, ty for all

It's from a quest that you can pick up once you build a level 3 garrison. Not entirely sure if there are any pet requirements for it.

If you open up your pet menagerie in your garrison you get a quest to find a stone.
    It is by your mine when you turn in the quest the stone is a stone that upgrades any pet instantly to level 25.
    Every alt you make hat is high enough level to open the pet menagerie can get one.
    All you need is to be level 100

As others have said, leveling the first one is the hardest, after that though can use your high level to boost your lower level ones. I kinda stopped doing battle pets so I'm probably out of the loop, but a quick way I was doing early in the expansion was going to Frost Fire ridge, to the east of the North central FP right near the apexis quest area there (sorry name of the specific area alludes me atm), and there are tons of battle pets there that respawn very fast. Hardly have to move and I just boost my low level by engaging and swapping to my lvl 25's once fight begins.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Get Ultimate Battle-Training Stone on your level 100 toons.

Use on Anubisath Idol

Use the Idol to catch a Breed P/P (4, 14) Emerald Proto Whelp. Check this website and click the Battle Info Tab, then use the slider to make sure it's the correct breed by looking at his attack power before you catch him.

Follow this guide to beat all of the Pandaria trainers with these two pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    If you open up your pet menagerie in your garrison you get a quest to find a stone.
    It is by your mine when you turn in the quest the stone is a stone that upgrades any pet instantly to level 25.
    Every alt you make hat is high enough level to open the pet menagerie can get one.
    All you need is to be level 100
    This won't work. In order to obtain the stone, you need to first unlock the menagerie which requires completing the pets vs pests quest, which requires level 25 pets. Not doable with a level 9 cat. You could maybe get away with a level ~20 pandaren water spirit + chrominius, but that's it.

According to this: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=38241/u...nts:id=2122605

You don't need a Menagerie for this quest to appear; just a level 3 garrison.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    According to this: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=38241/u...nts:id=2122605

You don't need a Menagerie for this quest to appear; just a level 3 garrison.
    Huh. That's odd. I went on all my alts about a week ago to get the stones, I could've sworn I had to do it first. I guess I'm remembering wrong.

The 'popular' strat at start of MoP was to:

Level a dragon to ~8
    Go to the area outside of Karazhan and catch 3 arcane eyes (level ~15)(dragons are strong vs magic)
    Go to wyrmrest tower in Dragonblight in Northrend and catch 2 of those birds nearby (level ~22)(magic is strong vs flying)
    Level those 2 birds to 25 on the easy water pets at the lakes near Shrine in Pandaria (flying is strong vs water)
    Use those two birds to powerlevel your other pets

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    The 'popular' strat at start of MoP was to:

Level a dragon to ~8
    Go to the area outside of Karazhan and catch 3 arcane eyes (level ~15)(dragons are strong vs magic)
    Go to wyrmrest tower in Dragonblight in Northrend and catch 2 of those birds nearby (level ~22)(magic is strong vs flying)
    Level those 2 birds to 25 on the easy water pets at the lakes near Shrine in Pandaria (flying is strong vs water)
    Use those two birds to powerlevel your other pets
    The strat was actually to level a mechanical pet, not a dragon, but besides that it's pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    I usually have 2 dragons, Spawn of Onyxia (Lift off strong vs aquatic) and Emerald Proto-drake (first attack strong vs flying), both have healing as well. Just chill waiting for my PVP queues. Put on your hat and give them snacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The only thing you need to have the instant level 25 pet stone quest to show up is to actually have pet battles active. I never did the quest in SW on one of my other accounts and wondered why I couldn't see the quest. I went to SW learned how to catch pets and could then get the instant leveling stone.