Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blanket 15% pvp nerf on all healers via Hotfix

You got to be shitting me, Blizzard

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ly-20-july-23/

10+ Year Old Account
    All I enjoy is healing in pvp. That's all I've done this exp pack. Go figure. Soon as I find something I enjoy, Blizzard drops the hammer.

Healing debuff hotfix is very common at the end of expansions. Makes it easy to decide not to go back to pvp though.

It needed to happen, maybe at whatever rat league the people complaining are playing it didn't. But when every single game goes into dampening above like 2-2.2k there is a problem and this is by and far the easiest way to remedy it. A+ Blizz.

Big deal. your 50k heals are now 42k. Healers will still be very strong. It just wont take a few days to kill one anymore.

As a healer me and a buddy started just quitting matches if they stretched too long cus it was literally better to just take a lose and move on then waste all that time for a single match
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needed change. Requiring deep dampening to win anything just can't be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    As a healer me and a buddy started just quitting matches if they stretched too long cus it was literally better to just take a lose and move on then waste all that time for a single match
    Heck yeah, if the games going to go 20 minutes and all you want is points, I drop it near 5 mins lol. If you're going for rating - 3's is the best to get higher rating in so.. But yeah, I'm main heals this xpac (the free level 90) - I'm 100% ok with such a small reduction, even being a holy pal lol. Also: get ready for qq for gearing changes inc lol

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely needed, healing is at the point of the expansion where it is able to outheal pretty much all damage 1v1.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also the issue of how it affects hybrids in non-healer specs, and tanks. How much of a hit are they going to get from this change? It looks like Elemental got another middle finger from Blizzard, Ret gets the same, and tanks get a hit to their survivability.

Also, Starsurge and Haunt got damage nerfs in PvP, so Affliction's 15 seconds of fame may be gone.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Heck yeah, if the games going to go 20 minutes and all you want is points, I drop it near 5 mins lol. If you're going for rating - 3's is the best to get higher rating in so.. But yeah, I'm main heals this xpac (the free level 90) - I'm 100% ok with such a small reduction, even being a holy pal lol. Also: get ready for qq for gearing changes inc lol
    it just gets stupid after awhile

line up all ur CDs he counters with his CDs get ur CD lined up again and hope his aren't ready yet.
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Healing nerfs are inevitable given how your healing abilities dramatically increase with every raid tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what the real problem is? Delaying comps like LSD (Or 2.0) and shit like caster cleaves. Mass cc. Stuff like that is FAR worse.
    You're a towel.

lol, thanks for making me start the day with a good laugh, mmo baddies.

This nerf just made 3 healing classes completely unviable. You already didn't go into dampening vs priest/monk/druid. So 3 classes nerfed into the ground and made completely unplayable over 2k, nerfed 1 class right (shamans, since they needed at throughput nerf) and didn't nerf paladins enough.

In fact paladins were already by far the best healer, and it'll be even worse now, since this nerf hit them the least hard cause they depend on half a dozen cooldowns and not simple healing output.

Would it have been so hard to just nerf shaman (resto and enh) healing output by 10%, nerf holy paladin cooldowns a lot harder, and don't touch the other 3?

Deleted
    Good change, sick of healers ruling the world and dragging things out for ever.

Deleted
    About damn time. That nerf should be 30%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Definitely needed, healing is at the point of the expansion where it is able to outheal pretty much all damage 1v1.
    what do you mean? healer+dps vs. healer+dps? Because i have never killed anyone in WoD PvP as a healer facing dps 1v1. The former? Well hasnt this been always the case? Like since TBC?

Guys, lets just not pretend that this is THE n1 problem in PvP, okay? Healing and starsurge are not a problem atm, everything else is.

Deleted
    What's really funny is that this change is mostly going to hurt hybrid heals, not really pure healer heals. Don't even want to think about shadow priests who will have both shields and heals nerfed, while already sucking major ass in the survivability department. Another well done change by Scrublinka.

[Hotfix in testing] All healing and damage absorption has been reduced by 15% in PvP combat.

Its not a healer nurf..its a healing nurf...not the same thing..

DPS with heavy healing will get hit the most like Freal? Right?

Deleted
    a step in the right direction. heals in general have been too strong for a long time now.