10+ Year Old Account

Insults in Skirmishes?

I re-subbed WoW to try to prepare for the upcoming Mercenary Mode, and I've been doing Skirmishes to practice a bit and to gear up. There were a few times where I didn't do that well and my partner ends up dying first, and then they proceed to make insulting comments at my play, and that I should practice more. And it doesn't help that my class (Protection Warrior) isn't a FotM spec at all, but I haven't gotten insults specifically at my class/spec.

Is that type of behavior common in Skrimishes? And isn't that what Skirmishes were for to begin with, to practice your class in an arena setting that you can queue for?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Happens sometimes but not really common.

It may have something to do with playing a prot warrior which really isn't a PvP spec and it's not fun to play with or against.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are just as competitive in the minor leagues, belitting will always exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    It may have something to do with playing a prot warrior which really isn't a PvP spec and it's not fun to play with or against.
    I don't want to imagine all the insults Ele Shaman and Holy Priests get for their specs. Moreso for Ele.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The wow community as a whole has become extremely toxic and seemingly moreso for pvp. The best advice I could give is just try to give less than or equal to zero fucks about what people have to say or just remove yourself from the toxicity entirely.

Step 1) Right click on "General" chat box tab.
    Step 2) Click "Settings".
    Step 3) Un-tick the boxes next to "Instance", "Instance Raid Leader", "Party", "Party Leader", "Raid", "Raid Leader" and "Raid Warning"
    Step 4) ?????
    Step 5) Enjoy the toxic-free environment while grouped up with randoms.

Very easy fix for a small problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had a problem with the insulting chat myself, I actually find it to be funny at times. And I guess the whole part about people taking even lower levels of PvP seriously remains true.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Toxic behavior in a pvp environment? No fucking way.