Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This is like warriors argued when everyone said 5.0 TFB one shots were OP.

"L2P all you have to do is use defensive CDs when Recklessness 5 stack TFB is active"

Instant ranged spells that has 3 charges doing upwards of 100k damage in a rated setting is OP especially for a hybrid that can heal. has crazy mobility and has the strongest spammable CC. Maybe Blizz should have nerfed other stuff like the damage boomies get from CDs instead of the spell itself but what they did now is good enough for now. Next they should remove the instants they get from being trained while also nerfing the mobility of certain melee and the game will be better.

My partner plays a boomkin and every time we kill something like a warrior. hunter in the opening 3 seconds with no chance of counterplay, it feels a little dirty.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I agree with you on this one. Melee has far too high mobility, instants are needed in the current gameplay. Starsurge just hits too hard for an instant.
    This, it's a general problem and Starsurge does hit to hard for just an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    This is like warriors argued when everyone said 5.0 TFB one shots were OP.

"L2P all you have to do is use defensive CDs when Recklessness 5 stack TFB is active"

Instant ranged spells that has 3 charges doing upwards of 100k damage in a rated setting is OP especially for a hybrid that can heal. has crazy mobility and has the strongest spammable CC. Maybe Blizz should have nerfed other stuff like the damage boomies get from CDs instead of the spell itself but what they did now is good enough for now. Next they should remove the instants they get from being trained while also nerfing the mobility of certain melee and the game will be better.

My partner plays a boomkin and every time we kill something like a warrior. hunter in the opening 3 seconds with no chance of counterplay, it feels a little dirty.
    It's no where near like 5 stack TFB but okay. I stand by what i said that i think Ven did actually have enough time to Block considering the circumstances he was in....What would people say if he was at 20% HP and got killed by a warriors execute? Would people say Nerf execute or "He should've Blocked".......Just my personal Opinion, i know a lot of people will disagree but i would've blocked the moment i saw the opposition mage block and the boomkin having his cd's up. I just don't understand why Ven would've thought he was "Safe" He isn't playing with a healer and he isn't vsing healer/dps.

I agree that starsurge has always been that big "Hitting" ability that's instant. But where do you find the balance? What if the Boomkin hardcasted a 3 second starfire and hit ven for 120k? Would you ask for that to be nerfed? Clearly there needs to be a balance i'm not denying that at all. But in order to find a "Balance" it has to be somewhat fun for both Melee and Caster. Not one or the other.

Like i said before - It is incredibly obnoxious vsing a melee player who has absolutely terrible positioning and just PvE's on you behind a pillar because he/she is fully aware that the only way that he can take some real damage is if i was to cast.

It's the same way for a melee who just gets kited all day....Obviously Blizzard need to find the balance between how much control is considered "Fun" and "Fair".....I didn't even do arena last season because - 1. I couldn't play with any of my old mates from MOP because of all the new DR shit that they put in. 2. Melee could roll their face on the keyboard and kill me and not take any damage....There was nothing i could really do to force a melee to go defensive when he was on me. That is the role of instant cast damage.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-07-25 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    Why is anything even being changed before anyone is in full gear?
    They actually had the first NA cup for blizzcon last week where everyone was in tourney gear (fully-geared). People were reacting strongly to the crits Asbur/Gorecki were getting, (the range is ~95k-150k). With the 15% nerf, it would be ~80k-128k. That seems to be a pretty reasonable change.

I'm just glad that they are trying to make changes. Last season was so stagnant and almost every game went into deep dampening. And note that they are all hotfixes in testing--if they think it was unwarranted, they'll revert it. We may see some more changes after August 1st (next cup!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally Blizzard's doing something about the absurdity of some abilities.

Sorry guys i'm incredibly sorry...I wasn't aware the NA cup for Blizzcon....they were all in tournament gear. Sorry guys. Thanks for the clarification Saladfork.

I assumed they just blindly nerfed starsurge before anyone had full gear to fully test it out. My apologies everyone.